St. Mirren v Spartans Betfred Cup 17/7/18

6 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

So disappointed. Even if we win on pens, and there's no guarantee of that, we'll likely lose top slot to Killin and won't make it as one of the best 2nd places.

Not quite.

We are on 4pts now. If (a big IF after today) we win our final two matches in 90mins, we would be on 10pts.  If we do things on our end right, only Dumbarton OR Killie can match us (QP can only hit 9, Spartans 8). Then it would be GD. But 10 would easily be enough to make it as a 2nd place side anyway, most 2nds will be on 8 or 9 (1 90min defeat already leaves you aiming for 9). It's still in our hands at least.

Absolutely shocking display against what is an amateur side.We started with three players recruited from English non league sides and boy did it show tonight.Those guys are simply not good enough for the top tier of Scottish Football.We require to recruit at least four or five quality playersAlan is kidding himself with some of his initial signings in my opinion.To come from the likes of Truro Darlington and Aldershot is just too much.As for McShane a distinct non trier tonight.

Pass marks tonight for Flynn, Coulsen, Mullen and S. McGinn. Also Ross Stewart looked lively when he came on. Smith and P. McGinn borderline ok.

Noteable honking marks go to Heaton, Kellerman, McShane, Bairdy and Cooke, but King of the Honkers was ironically King. He was absolutely howfin. Crossing and passing the worst I’ve seen in a long time. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Calm down ffs some of you & who gives a shit what the pundits had to say on sport sound. It’s pre season lots of new players, I get why Stubbs changed the players tonight, give them a game see how they fit it. In the end up we had enough chances to win the game. Bring on the real stuff on the 4th of Aug [emoji6][emoji23]

Absolutely disgraceful performance. Embarrassment is not enough for this display. Not one new player played well. Sammy place is in no danger. Heaton we paid 75.000 grand for. Think we might have been done. Half the 2nd half we played in the dark as for whatever reason the Flood lights were not switched on at half time. Then the tannoy went wonky. All in all not a good night. And if Gary Mackenzie is not better than we saw at center half tonight then were in trouble. Plus Stubbs never got off his seat all night. Shocking

Calm down ffs some of you & who gives a shit what the pundits had to say on sport sound. It’s pre season lots of new players, I get why Stubbs changed the players tonight, give them a game see how they fit it. In the end up we had enough chances to win the game. Bring on the real stuff on the 4th of Aug [emoji6][emoji23]
Thats the usual rubbish fans come out with when you have a bad result. So i take it you never went to the final in 2013. Your in to win it. And there was only one team trying to win tonight and they were not wearing black and white shirts.

Ooft - that was stinking. Not too bothered, and some of the reaction on here is a bit histrionic, but it really was very poor.

A couple of the new guys looked out their depth tonight - against Spartans! Dearie me....

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

Ooft - that was stinking. Not too bothered, and some of the reaction on here is a bit histrionic, but it really was very poor.

A couple of the new guys looked out their depth tonight - against Spartans! Dearie me....

Don’t think anyone is doing any such thing. Just a bunch of folk commenting on the performance of both individual players and the team as a whole in tonight’s game. Which I’m pretty sure is the purpose of this thread.

I think it is perfectly acceptable for people to register concerns that some of our new signings in particular were made to look poor by a non league team.

I don’t think that qualifies as histrionics. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2