St. Mirren v Spartans Betfred Cup 17/7/18

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

So, mister Cook, Kellerman,  Heaton and King that’s who to look to. If you’re rank one-week train hard and put in the effort so you can improve like Captain fantastic did after his below average shooting antics on Friday.

Why stop at these four?

Until McGinn came on the rest of the team were utter shit too.

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mate- That's impossible :lol:

She rules. 

Cost me £5.20 for her Curry Pie and Diet Cola last night. 

Cannae even mind getting change back. 

Fecking boo. 

On reflection it could have been worse - thanks goodness that the skipper came on for the last 30 mins to sort it out - and if we had had a proper finisher then it could have been a complete escape.

I agree that we shouldn't judge the players on one bad game - and everyone deserves a second chance - but there is a lot of proving required by certain members of the new recruits. 

Heaton won a lot in the air - which is a plus point - and Coulson showed flashes - if not to the same level as Friday.

Here's hoping we get a couple of front men in over the next week

Watching the goals on buddievision - the ref called the first one right - we didnt really even appear to stop playing,  maybe Heaton pulled from challenging the guy in the box but the keeper just did poorly.

How did he call the first 1 right ?

Very hard to tell from the camera angle if he was offside or not only person best to judge that one was the linesman who flagged for offside.

Have no idea how the ref can overrule the linesman on that one I though at the time one of our players must of kicked the ball back but they didn’t.

IMG_1531923512.276889.jpg

Thats the usual rubbish fans come out with when you have a bad result. So i take it you never went to the final in 2013. Your in to win it. And there was only one team trying to win tonight and they were not wearing black and white shirts.

Calm down Gary ffs lol

4 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
7 hours ago, munoz said:
It's little wonder we get the nick-name St Boo. One poor game from the team and some of the new players, and half of the people on here want to send them back down the road. 

I never heard anyone booing. I've heard fans give there honest opinion.

I wasn't talking about at the game mate, I was referring to the experts on here who think they can judge a new team/ squad and then decide that some aren't up to the task after 90 feckin minutes. 

With these invaluable opinions,  some could do a job at Radio Clyde on a Saturday.

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

I wasn't talking about at the game mate, I was referring to the experts on here who think they can judge a new team/ squad and then decide that some aren't up to the task after 90 feckin minutes. 

With these invaluable opinions,  some could do a job at Radio Clyde on a Saturday.

Only applicable if your Green Brigade Keevans or The Blue Bells are Blue Johnstone

I am not going to give Cammy Smith a hard time for last night as he looked pretty frustrated in the first half. He is playing out of position and last season he was playing with dynamic players who were running about giving him options and dragging defenders away (Morgan, Reilly, Magennis, McGinn, Mullen). Last night there was little running off the ball and when Cammy tried a 1-2 the person he passed it too often lost the ball. He improved significantly in the second half with McGinn and Mullen on and when he moved further inside and could easily have had a hat-trick except for some heroic goalkeeping. As a team we need to find the dynamic urgency that we had last season and that was sorely missing in the first half.

11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I am not going to give Cammy Smith a hard time for last night as he looked pretty frustrated in the first half. He is playing out of position and last season he was playing with dynamic players who were running about giving him options and dragging defenders away (Morgan, Reilly, Magennis, McGinn, Mullen). Last night there was little running off the ball and when Cammy tried a 1-2 the person he passed it too often lost the ball. He improved significantly in the second half with McGinn and Mullen on and when he moved further inside and could easily have had a hat-trick except for some heroic goalkeeping. As a team we need to find the dynamic urgency that we had last season and that was sorely missing in the first half.

Without Morgan and Magennis that is going to be very difficult. When is Kyle due back, badly missed but he will need help to drive us forward from the midfield. Stubbs was constantly urging Flynn to drive us forward last night.

Clearly wasn't working first half. When Stubbs changed things looked better. 

BUT why were set up like that in the first half. Why take so long to change it. A blind man could have seen things needed to change. And unless King, Cooke, Kellerman show up something fabulous in training why are they playing at all. Why make 6 changes to the team from Killie. 

Players were not good enough. The defence looked as if they had never played together before because they hadn't 

McShane was McShane clearly not interested.  Smith out of position, 

Stubbs has to take responsibility for that. 

I'm not calling for anyones head. but this one goes down on his copy book. 

8 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
15 hours ago, munoz said:
It's little wonder we get the nick-name St Boo. One poor game from the team and some of the new players, and half of the people on here want to send them back down the road. 

I never heard anyone booing. I've heard fans give there honest opinion.

Should have sat beside me then. I was booing. 

13 hours ago, insaintee said:

Clearly wasn't working first half. When Stubbs changed things looked better. 

BUT why were set up like that in the first half. Why take so long to change it. A blind man could have seen things needed to change. And unless King, Cooke, Kellerman show up something fabulous in training why are they playing at all. Why make 6 changes to the team from Killie. 

Players were not good enough. The defence looked as if they had never played together before because they hadn't 

McShane was McShane clearly not interested.  Smith out of position, 

Stubbs has to take responsibility for that. 

I'm not calling for anyones head. but this one goes down on his copy book. 

It was clearly an experimental line up to give the players that we got from the lower leagues a run out.

Unfortunately it was an experiment that didn't work. 

I'm sure Stubbs will have learned a lot from it.

2 hours ago, norrie82 said:

It was a pretty embarrassing experiment. Spartans ? I mean come on Neilston juniors would give them a game. Poor performances throughout the side but I agree I saw nothing from Kellermann, King or Cooke

Norrie can we seriously judge players after one/ two outings. These players have been signed for a reason. I would like to think Stubbs and his coaching team , can make ok players better, after all at our level we sign potential, not the finished article

1 minute ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I beg to differ on the performance of McShane.  I thought he added composure to the mid-field and his passing and distribution was generally much more accurate than many around him.  I'd like to think he was substituted for tactical reasons rather than his performance.

Admit it - He is your son isn't he !!:P

I beg to differ on the performance of McShane.  I thought he added composure to the mid-field and his passing and distribution was generally much more accurate than many around him.  I'd like to think he was substituted for tactical reasons rather than his performance.

I thought he looked disinterested and basically wasn’t trying a leg , doubt we’ll see him in the team again unless were really desperate. Heard a wee story that Gary -Mc kicked off when told he wasn’t starting .