St. Mirren v Spartans Betfred Cup 17/7/18

17 hours ago, insaintee said:

Clearly wasn't working first half. When Stubbs changed things looked better. 

BUT why were set up like that in the first half. Why take so long to change it. A blind man could have seen things needed to change. And unless King, Cooke, Kellerman show up something fabulous in training why are they playing at all. Why make 6 changes to the team from Killie. 

Players were not good enough. The defence looked as if they had never played together before because they hadn't 

McShane was McShane clearly not interested.  Smith out of position, 

Stubbs has to take responsibility for that. 

I'm not calling for anyones head. but this one goes down on his copy book. 

We were set up like that because training and practice matches are one thing; real opposition is another, I think he was trying to give them time to see if they could work it out themselves and to be fair I thought Kellerman was involved in some good passages of play, likewise but to a lesser extent so were King and Cooke, Heaton and Coulson did OK; although Coulson played no where near as well as on Friday.  It was experimental and it didn't work, no biggie after we scraped a draw thanks to Captain McGinn.  To give the Manager his due he admitted that he probably made too many changes and of course Mr Stubbs isn't aware of some peoples knickerwetting capabilitie.  Ps to self .......must buy shares in Pampers.  :lol:

16 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Has Eckersley left the club? Not been listed in either starting XI or on the bench so far.

He is still under contract and if he has any sense he will stay put for now at least.

38 minutes ago, Sonny said:

He is still under contract and if he has any sense he will stay put for now at least.

Had seen a few people posting he was already away. If he is still here I find it puzzling that when McShane and McKenzie have been told they are surplus to requirements but still under contract, they have at least been included in squads for League Cup games. I thought Eckersley was the best of the 4 who were told they could find other clubs and think it's strange he seems to be out the first team picture completely at the minute.

Just now, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Had seen a few people posting he was already away. If he is still here I find it puzzling that when McShane and McKenzie have been told they are surplus to requirements but still under contract, they have at least been included in squads for League Cup games. I thought Eckersley was the best of the 4 who were told they could find other clubs and think it's strange he seems to be out the first team picture completely at the minute.

Stubbs seems to have a hard on for Coulson  so looks like, for the moment at least, that Eck won't get a look in. However Stubbs said '2 players for every position' and Eck is the only other left back we have. Also Coulson can play as a winger and considering we do not have a wide left player at the moment Coulson could cover that position and let Eck play full back. I hope Stubbs is not cutting off his nose to spite his face.