St. Mirren v Dumbarton Betfred Cup 28/7/18

10 shots on target against Spartans. 
2 on target against Queens.
3 on target against Killie. 
Unfortunately no won a game...................yet. 
Yes, I thought I'd heard the Spartans keeper played a blinder. Can't legislate for that or expect to face that sort of performance from opppsong keepers every week.

Just now, turrabuddie said:
13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
10 shots on target against Spartans. 
2 on target against Queens.
3 on target against Killie. 
Unfortunately no won a game...................yet. 

Yes, I thought I'd heard the Spartans keeper played a blinder. Can't legislate for that or expect to face that sort of performance from opppsong keepers every week.

Shhh, don't be saying anything positive, you'll get a reputation. :wink:

46 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Just a thought..?

what will all those calling (embarrassingly) for Stubbzo to go do if we win by three or more..?

that would mean his official record as defined by the SFA/SPFL  is three draws, one loss, one win..! Making Ross's initial record look absolutely woeful, as it was.

You keep slaughtering JR's record in his first few games yet call folk out for judging Stubbs on his first few. Can't have it both ways. Jack got it right big time, that is Stubbs ultimate goal so let's just wait and see what pans out. If he gets close to what Jack managed he will have done well.

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You keep slaughtering JR's record in his first few games yet call folk out for judging Stubbs on his first few. Can't have it both ways. Jack got it right big time, that is Stubbs ultimate goal so let's just wait and see what pans out. If he gets close to what Jack managed he will have done well.

Nope your wrong there, i am highlighting the posters who cant get over that Ross has gone, he left having dismantled his squad, and Stubbzo is at the start of rebuilding a new squad capable of being competitive in the Premiership. 

My comparisons between the start of each manager merely highlights the fact it is way to early to judge as in reality we have only played four pre-season games with half a squad. But since you mention it it is worthwhile looking at what "Jack Managed".... won the championship, took us to within a point of relegation to the third tier.

your right, you cant have it both ways! Be interesting to see the comments if we win with a bit of comfort today.

If we’re sticking with a back 3 today I’d like to see Paul McGinn on the right side of the 3, you really need both sides of the defence to be comfortable in passing the ball forward. I can’t see Flynn having a problem at wing back as he’s played a lot of the last few years there.                

Samson   

P McGinn       Baird/Heaton     Kpekawa

Flynn                                                                    Coulsen

MacPherson    S McGinn     Magennis            

Mullen                 Stewart

If we’re sticking with a back 3 today I’d like to see Paul McGinn on the right side of the 3, you really need both sides of the defence to be comfortable in passing the ball forward. I can’t see Flynn having a problem at wing back as he’s played a lot of the last few years there.                

Samson   
      P McGinn       Baird/Heaton     Kpekawa
Flynn                                                                    Coulsen
       MacPherson    S McGinn     Magennis            
                        Mullen                 Stewart

I think the issue with Flynn playing there (and same problem I have with McGinn) is that he isn’t quick enough to play that position. Also not sure he is good enough defensively if called upon.

A Liam Smith type would be a stand out playing RWB.