St. Mirren v Dumbarton Betfred Cup 28/7/18

Now , come on brainless , why would I be seething when the team I was first taken to watch in 1967 win 6-0 , come on , tell me ?

Shit you’ve been moaning like a bitch for that long?

We get a good result and progress when you said it was impossible calling it a dead rubber game yet your still rabbeting on, Away and enjoy your night give all your negative crap a rest for at least one night.

Going to be plenty of ups and downs this year let’s hope there will be a few more ups than downs!

3 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Shit you’ve been moaning like a bitch for that long?

We get a good result and progress when you said it was impossible calling it a dead rubber game yet your still rabbeting on, Away and enjoy your night give all your negative crap a rest for at least one night.

Going to be plenty of ups and downs this year let’s hope there will be a few more ups than downs!

You are the one being negative here, bud.  All positive posts until you start having a go at a fellow Saints fan.

53 minutes ago, shull said:

And what about Sammy. 

Proving me totally wrong. 

See him and his clean sheets. 

Another one today. 

Samson for Scotland. 

Wonder how long this will last. 

Not a smiley in sight so I'm counting the minutes. Seconds!

Much improved performance today.

Coulson got us off to a great start, and nearly scored a second identical goal.  Glad Stubbs ditched 3 at the back after the disaster at Hampden, when the fullbacks pushed up that gave Stephen McGinn 7 good options to move the ball forwards to.  Stewart gave us the option of the high ball at times too, while Cammy Smith was linking up very well again with Kyle and Stephen much like last season.

I think that shape looked good, we need new signings in to take the places held by Stewart, Mullen and a few others, but it was good to finally see us play with some pace and purpose.

Not sure what has happened to Dumbarton though, they used to be a nightmare to play and thats 5-0, 6-0 in their last two visits to Paisley!

9 minutes ago, shull said:

All played magnificent today.

Special mention to 2 unsung heroes

Baird and Paul McGinn were immense.

Totally agree. Paul McGinn was sharp, fast and slung in some great crosses. Jack Baird was excellent and looked to be a bit more comfortable alongside big Cole. Bring on Fundee. 

image.thumb.png.27cd7e1513377f401dbfd7be4b3f80a0.png
Binned my campaign scarf of the Jack Ross era. Today I'll get a new one for the Alan Stubbs era. We're on our way. 7-0 saints and even Mullen scores. How's that for optimism. AS b+w army.
[emoji471][emoji471][emoji471]

PS we qualify too
Ok Mullen to score was pushing the boat out but if he had I would have been spot on. JR never humped Dumbarton 6-0 and JR never Qualified for the next round.

AS b+w army

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

You are the one being negative here, bud.  All positive posts until you start having a go at a fellow Saints fan.

You and billyg are only positive when we are winning.

There'a big difference. Learn to spot it.

You keep making this mistake with a number of situations. I am seeing a pattern develop.

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

After watching the results coming in today can there still be a single person out there who doesn't recognise the value of this format for the Cup?

I think the format is brilliant, always been keen since it's inception.

Smaller (and usually part time) clubs (League One and below) are guaranteed a match away to a bigger side and a home match against a bigger side. Helps boost their coffers while potentially also getting a rare trip to somewhere like Killie/'Well/Saints, which is nice for a part time player. North/south divide stops too much travelling early on for most clubs. Having the group in July clears off a large part of the tournament so there's no concern of a fixture pile up. It looks like it starts early, but most teams in this competition finish in April/May so they still get the month break before pre-season, and a month of pre-season in before the Cup. Lines up well with the early European entrants as well. The penalty shootout idea after 90mins is excellent and it's good to see the 90 min wins rewarded better. The 2nd placed fight is always tense and GD being important means you can't risk holding back from scoring more. It also creates a very different tournament from the Scottish Cup, as the only differences before were seeded draws and less entrants.

I think it's the best change in Scottish football in years. I hope they don't change it up anytime soon (might need tweaked if Scotland got back to 5 European entries).