Queens Park v St. Mirren Betfred Cup 24/7/18

HT 0-0

Similar to the first half against Spartans last week, absolutely brutal stuff.

If it wasn’t for a couple of impressive saves from Sammy we would be 1-0 down but thankfully it’s 0-0.

One incident summed up our half up quite well. We get a free kick about 25 yards out in a good shooting position. The player who was fouled (Flynn I think) takes it quickly with a through pass, no one else is looking and it rolls through to the keeper.

Tough to watch. Penalties again?

shankland scores two, sets one up.....

Sammon scores two for Well.... he was available...

in the scottish game Shanks age, goals and relative cost make him one of the very few goalscorers we could/should go for. I bet there will be a few rueing the decision to withdraw Reilly's contract now. What a clusterf**k of a decision when you didnt have a goalscorer in to replace him.

The fact we are discussing paying a fee for Lawrence fecking Shankland really sums the desperation up 🤣

Mullen is running around and trying his best but he’s just not very good.

I was just to write almost the exact same first line[emoji85]

Think you are harsh on Mullen, absolutely no one helping him. We need better but the way we are playing is hanging him out to dry.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

shankland scores two, sets one up.....

Sammon scores two for Well.... he was available...

in the scottish game Shanks age, goals and relative cost make him one of the very few goalscorers we could/should go for. I bet there will be a few rueing the decision to withdraw Reilly's contract now. What a clusterf**k of a decision when you didnt have a goalscorer in to replace him.

Totally this.

Plenty players perform better/worse under certain managers.
No need for us to go back over this, you were on his case from day one, that's your opinion, albeit slanted. :rolleyes:

Was I? You have a better memory of my posts than me it seems [emoji38]

I don’t think anyone was surprised that his career went on a downward trajectory after leaving us. I certainly wasn’t.

Ayr seems a good fit for him.

David Goodwillie has also scored twice already tonight -no one appears to have mentioned him - does that therefore make him someone we should be going for ?

No, probably not, but he has (in the past) proved that he could consistently do the business at a higher level than useless-lump Sammon and chunky Shankland.