Queens Park v St. Mirren Betfred Cup 24/7/18

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Life. and forum life, is mixed, deal with it or simply join a forum that is designed to agree with everything they would like to be seen as fact. 

Alternatively, put all the fannies on ignore.

You're teetering on the brink just now, BTW.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I think it would be very harsh to expect all the new guys to be on fire from day 1. However, I don’t think it’s harsh to expect that they should be able to defeat both Spartans and Queens Park.

The fact they couldn’t, is worrying. If Fitzy isn’t worried, he bloody well should be.

I agree with you however this can change, it's not the ideal start but if we see improvement in the following weeks then we can still go on to have a good season. If we're going to be shite i'd rather it was now when it's not as damaging. We need some morale boosting signings to come in soon too...as promised :unsure:

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Did you omit the other 6 teams for a reason?

I expect we will get the occasional humping but we will also make some of them work hard to beat us.

An honest question here.

What did you see that makes you think that's the case?

You're either  clueless or have been watching a completely different team from  the one others have witnessed.

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

On what I've seen so far , I fear the worst against the other 6 also. The only positive I can take just now is , there's still time to bring in some more players. The squad is far too thin at the moment. 

I think there are a few reasons to be positive.

Firstly against better teams we will have more space.

Secondly, we are still in pre-season.

Thirdly, you will see more players start to commit towards the end of the transfer window. I am certain we will see some major turnover of players by then.

The players are still trying to work out how Stubbs wants them to play. I think he lacks the wide players and the strikers to make it all click into place.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

An honest question here.

What did you see that makes you think that's the case?

You're either  clueless or have been watching a completely different team from  the one others have witnessed.

We have been here so many pre-seasons that it should be obvious.

Let's wait and see shall we?

Looks to me like Stubbs has sorted out the defence and the core of the midfield.
We will be hard to beat next season.

I’ve got a feeling I’m going to be whooshed here but.......are you serious?

The back three managed to look worse than average tonight against the square root of f**k all up top for Queens. That following 90 mins of making a non-league side look sharp and a 6 goal hosing at home.

If we don’t sign, at least, 5 players to start in that team we’re not going to be very hard to beat and could suffer at Ibrox in week 2 of the season.

Just now, santaponsasaint said:

Absolutely disgraceful. Ashamed and embarrassed. That's I felt sitting there watching that dross. No desire no passion no effort. Cole whatever his name is. If Gary Mackenzie is no better than him he should retire. High ball to Mullen and Smith. Cut or loses and get rid of Stubbs and his cronies. Dire.

Not like you to show you're a trumpet? 

The classic "I go every week" but have no idea supporter. :byebye

QP didn't sit in against us though. They had as much of the ball, passed better and faster and had more efforts on target.

Absolutely hit the nail on the head.

Wee Gus has his critics on this forum but his team were the only one playing anything resembling decent football tonight.

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Would fit in with our current strikers,  not very good in the air.

BBC website has shown a tweet from Queens Park that says it was a dead pigeon. That’s why I said Stubbs will offer it a trial. He promised us doo signings that would excite us.

Just now, DLBud said:

Absolutely hit the nail on the head.

Wee Gus has his critics on this forum but his team were the only one playing anything resembling decent football tonight.

Thought their number 9 looked decent , surprised they took him off.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

BBC website has shown a tweet from Queens Park that says it was a dead pigeon. That’s why I said Stubbs will offer it a trial. He promised us doo signings that would excite us.

Definitely a squirrel. 

5 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I’ve got a feeling I’m going to be whooshed here but.......are you serious?

The back three managed to look worse than average tonight against the square root of f**k all up top for Queens. That following 90 mins of making a non-league side look sharp and a 6 goal hosing at home.

If we don’t sign, at least, 5 players to start in that team we’re not going to be very hard to beat and could suffer at Ibrox in week 2 of the season.

We may or may not get humped at Ibrox but our season won't hinge on that match so why be scared of it.

We will be getting more pkayers in but we will have to be patient.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We have been here so many pre-seasons that it should be obvious.

Let's wait and see shall we?

We have been worse perhaps at the start of each of the last two seasons. 

Content to wait and see the finished article before judging. 

The League was always going to be tough but ultimately where we will be judged successful or not over the season. 

We start with three at the back, I assume to allow Heaton and Kpawaka a bit of game time while being guided by Jack Baird.

We had two wing backs. For me coulson had his worst game for us. His first touch seemed to put the ball out of his reach which means he then ended up on the receiving end of a crunching tackle. But never really got going. Paul McGinn was neat and tidy and did look a level above the guys he was up against but couldn't get a good ball in.

The midfield three looked out of sorts. McGinn may end up in danger of feeling he has to do it all. Flynn doesn't lose the ball easily but looks very one paced and didn't link up with McGinn or McPherson or the front two.

Cammy smith was back in the number ten role just before the striker but you could tell he was really missing having guys like Morgan and Reilly up supporting him/playing off him. He spent too much time in possession of the ball facing our goal. Mainly as there were no options.

Danny Mullan did what Danny does, works hard, but too often he was the guy putting in the cross to no-one. He didn't seem to link up with Cammy very well though neither were supported by the midfield.

My main worry wasn't the lack of urgency it was just that there was no plan. No smartness to any of our attacks. We didn't seem to know what to do with it.

There were two good chances in the game and both fell to Queens (a Gus McPherson team). How can we not work our way to get a shot at goal? Their keeper looked tiny yet we couldn't even test him!!

Maybe it was another worthwhile run out....here's hoping.

Just now, St.Ricky said:

We have been worse perhaps at the start of each of the last two seasons. 

Content to wait and see the finished article before judging. 

The League was always going to be tough but ultimately where we will be judged successful or not over the season. 

Agreed. The problem is that Stubbs is being berated for not bringing in players fast enough with absolutely no acceptance that this is completely out of his control. I think it is unacceptable to attack anyone for things outwith their personal control.