Queens Park v St. Mirren Betfred Cup 24/7/18

The only thing positive to say about that tonight is we still have a chance to qualify if we can win our first match of he season on Saturday.

Everything, and I mean everything, else was just f**king horrible.

Pass marks to Sammy. That’s it.

We have three lumps at centre half and almost every time they crossed into the box you feared the worst.

Midfield are as slow a ponderous as I can remember any time for a long time.

Up front we just don’t look like causing any problems at all.

There’s no width, no pace and no leadership.

The last two competitive games are as easy as we’ll have this season and we’ve scored one goal from open play.

Agreed. The problem is that Stubbs is being berated for not bringing in players fast enough with absolutely no acceptance that this is completely out of his control. I think it is unacceptable to attack anyone for things outwith their personal control.

That’s bollocks.

He’s getting berated for dumping popular players from a title winning side and bringing absolute shite to the club to replace them.

I don’t believe I’m alone in thinking that Eckersley, MacKenzie, McShane, Reilly and even Hippolyte would vastly improve this team right now.

He also bumped his gums about marquee signings and nothing has materialised which was his own fault.

Premier League attackers are going to have an absolute field day against Kpekawa and Heaton, they really struggled against amateurs tonight.

Stubbs has obviously wanted to change things dramatically and it hasn't worked.  Two weeks to go, maybe this mess now will serve to fire the team up and we have 6 or 7 quality signings waiting to come in. Stubbs may well be a genuis at work...

1 minute ago, DLBud said:

That’s bollocks.

He’s getting berated for dumping popular players from a title winning side and bringing absolute shite to the club to replace them.

I don’t believe I’m alone in thinking that Eckersley, MacKenzie, McShane, Reilly and even Hippolyte would vastly improve this team right now.

He also bumped his gums about marquee signings and nothing has materialised which was his own fault.

He talks bollocks, that's what he does. Just ignore him.

48 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

I think the lack of a finisher is affecting the confidence of the team. We need a couple of strikers very soon. Easier said than done of course. Hopefully AS didn’t have all his eggs in the Rooney, Miller and Stokes baskets. Like others have said- let’s see where we are at the end of the transfer window - maybe laughing at how worried we all were? emoji846.png

There weren't any chances created to be finished tonight!  Not a single one.

3 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

The pigeon probably  topped itself rather than watch any more of that pish. Did it leave a note?

Was there a pigeon AND a squirrel? Here’s a squirrel in Paisley being told that five signings are being announced tomorrow...

816F1089-C06F-4526-BCC2-C6A4DC7D94EA.jpeg

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Was there a pigeon AND a squirrel? Here’s a squirrel in Paisley being told that five signings are being announced tomorrow...

816F1089-C06F-4526-BCC2-C6A4DC7D94EA.jpeg

Seagulls can't boo, so it might have taken to hurling multiple dead animals onto the park to express its disgust.  At least it never paid £14 to get in as well.

Just now, Hambud said:

I thought it was a fish admittedly I was quite some distance from it though.

I did however see it being dropped by the seagull.

Fish, squirrels and pigeons, dropped from the sky by seagulls. WTF was going on at Hampden tonight... no-one answer that.

31 minutes ago, DLBud said:

That’s bollocks.

McShane is never an spl player, struggled at championship level and was absolutely non existent against Spartans. 

First up, Kpekawa and Heaton were abysmal. Towards the end, Kpekawa did fire in one or two long, raking diagonal crosses which caused a bit of danger, but up til then, he was our worst player. No passion and minimal effort. Have these guys played football before?

MacPherson got substituted; I didn't see him do anything wrong, but then, I didn't see him do anything at all. Just anonymous.

As mentioned by others, we have no threat on either wing. Coulson played on the left wing with Kpekawa in position to feed him the initial ball, but it was too obvious and just didn't work; I don't remember Coulson getting any crosses in. Either Coulson needs to cut inside instead, or someone needs to come out, closer to Coulson to give him support; he's too small and when a defender gets close to him, Coulson gets smothered. First time I've seen him play, and he gave the ball away too much.

Flynn and Smith had some good touches and incisive runs forward with the ball. We might as well play through the middle using those guys, and just lay it off to someone for the long-range shot every time. It's the only way we're going to score.

The delivery at corners and crosses was poor. Crosses too close to the keeper, and a high floater of a corner from Stephen McGinn. We were missing Morgan's delivery tonight.

As for the long balls to Mullen and Smith - please don't let me see this tactic again.

Edited by Super Stark

McShane is never an spl player, struggled at championship level and was absolutely non existent against Spartans. 

I’m not saying he is a Premiership player but, in addition to the other names, he would make this team better right now. McShane and McGinn were a decent midfield combo before Flynn arrived. I thinks he’d offer more than Flynn right now. The others would walk into this team.

3 hours ago, DLBud said:

That’s bollocks.

Four of those "popular players"  struggled to get regular games under Ross in the Championship but you reckon we should have kept them for the Premiership?  :lol:I applaud you for having the lack of self awareness to say that I talk bollocks.  :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

There weren't any chances created to be finished tonight!  Not a single one.
There were numerous occasions when the ball was in forward areas and/or the box where the player concerned hesitated, took one touch too many, couldn't seem to get the ball out from between their feet, took completely the wrong option or simply ran out of ideas. Someone with a bit more guile or composure could have turned those opportunities into chances and potentially the chances into goals.

Mackenzie is injured just now. Just as he was for 22 league games last season.

McShane, Reilly & Hippolyte couldn’t even get a regular game for us in the Championship. Indeed, Hippolyte couldn’t even get a regular game for Falkirk!

Eckersley also missed numerous games last season and Coulson looks like a decent replacement.

We need new players. Not guys who weren’t good enough in the Championship.

Four of those "popular players"  struggled to get regular games under Ross in the Championship but you reckon we should have kept them for the Premiership?  :lol:I applaud you for having the lack of self awareness to say that I talk bollocks.  :lol:

As usual, you talk pish and then pick one part of my post that you think you can be a smart arse about and off you go.[emoji849]

I didn’t say these guys should have been kept for the Premiership. I said they were popular players (are you actually disputing that?) and getting rid of them was one of the reasons that Stubbs was getting grief from the fans.

That, in addition to his comments about the, as yet to be revealed, marquee signings and the poor quality has he signed.

You, in case you forgot, we’re suggesting that poor Stubbs was being berated for circumstances outwith his control. I’ve cited three reasons above why that is simply not true and concluded you were talking bollocks.

Happy to clear it up.