Queens Park v St. Mirren Betfred Cup 24/7/18

1 minute ago, linwood buddie said:

Utter Bollocks , we looked screwed before the league's even started.

How many said this at the pre season results last season? I will wait until squad is complete, match fit and some gelling of new players takes place before throwing myself off a cliff.  Cannot believe some who say there is a bad dressing room.  

3 minutes ago, Gosport Buddie said:

It's all my fault. Forgot to wear  my Saints top or lucky boxers tonight

Could you maybe get some lucky boxers to batter fcuk out of Stubbs ???

Joking of course. AS will come good, won't he ? :blink:

Is Stubbs getting  undeserved  criticism so early in the season? 

Or did JR leave us in a mess? Most of the players are his signings.

Last year's team certainly was not good enough to survive in the SPL - we were fortunate to win the Championship by such a large margin.

That team (in true St Mirren fashion) has now been dismantled instead of strengthened.

The feel good factor has evaporated before the league season has started - instead it's resembling the same feeling we had at the start of the 2016/17 season.

Guest TPAFKATS
How many said this at the pre season results last season? I will wait until squad is complete, match fit and some gelling of new players takes place before throwing myself off a cliff.  Cannot believe some who say there is a bad dressing room.  
I don't think many said it as we went on a tour of the Highlands humping everyone we played, scored loads of goals and generally increased confidence. After 1 humping from a team in the league above us the manager and coaches learned and improved things.

3 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Last year's team certainly was not good enough to survive in the SPL - we were fortunate to win the Championship by such a large margin.

That team (in true St Mirren fashion) has now been dismantled instead of strengthened.

The feel good factor has evaporated before the league season has started - instead it's resembling the same feeling we had at the start of the 2016/17 season.

Bit of both I think.

1 minute ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Hang on a minute this time last year we were already out of the league cup and lost 5-0 to Partick... Let's see what happens in the coming weeks. It's early doors and we've still got some new faces to come in.

My point exactly.  I will wait until at least first quarter before getting concerned.

1 minute ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Hang on a minute this time last year we were already out of the league cup and lost 5-0 to Partick... Let's see what happens in the coming weeks. It's early doors and we've still got some new faces to come in.

I admire your optimism, but, as things stand, the early indications are utterly grim.

16 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

I know it wasn't be but who is saying there is a bad dressing room ?

Just a wee observation for what it's worth (which like most of my posts probably isnae much).

The only Stubbs signings that started tonight were in defence and we didnae concede a goal.

All of the midfield and forwards were already here.

Don't get me wrong, Stubbs is still a useless fecker. I'm just sayin.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

6 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

The whole momentum shift is incredible. We have regressed what feels like at least two seasons and now appear rudderless. I'm just disappointed and a fair bit surprised at the  McKenzie and Eckersley thing for starters. Don't like the early signals at all, ranging from the sound bites and interviews to the team surgery, looks more like like team dismantling. I'm not  a fan of the management team one bit  but will of course give them the respect and time. I hope they do it for us, but presently, no chance I'm even considering anything positive for us this season. Not feeling the love..............It's all gone from shiny and promising to very Ugly Betty.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

I admire your optimism, but, as things stand, the early indications are utterly grim.

There's lot's of new faces at the club and i'm almost certain JR would have done the same thing in terms of squad change.  We'll have to wait and see in terms of the success/or not of AS recruitment but i think it's a tad harsh to expect all the new guys to be on fire from day 1. We've lost our top goalscorer, best player and a cracking full back, not forgetting a great manager. I'd love to see any team bounce back from this quick style.... as i said early days and too early to judge IMO.

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Just a wee observation for what it's worth (which like most of my posts probably isnae much).

The only Stubbs signings that started tonight we're in defence and we didnae concede a goal.

All of the midfield and forwards were already here.

Don't get me wrong, Stubbs is still a useless fecker. I'm just sayin.

Either you're the eternal optimist or you're looking for silver linings cos you've already booked flights home for a game or two

Just now, Seaside Nipper said:

The whole momentum shift is incredible. We have regressed what feels like at least two seasons and now appear rudderless. I'm just disappointed and a fair bit surprised at the  McKenzie and Eckersley thing for starters. Don't like the early signals at all, ranging from the sound bites and interviews to the team surgery, looks more like like team dismantling. I'm not  a fan of the management team one bit  but will of course give them the respect and time. I hope they do it for us, but presently, no chance I'm even considering anything positive for us this season. Not feeling the love..............It's all gone from shiny and promising to very Ugly Betty.

Not like you to focus on the negative? :lol: