Queens Park v St. Mirren Betfred Cup 24/7/18

14 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

There's lot's of new faces at the club and i'm almost certain JR would have done the same thing in terms of squad change.  We'll have to wait and see in terms of the success/or not of AS recruitment but i think it's a tad harsh to expect all the new guys to be on fire from day 1. We've lost our top goalscorer, best player and a cracking full back, not forgetting a great manager. I'd love to see any team bounce back from this quick style.... as i said early days and too early to judge IMO.

I doubt he would have done the same things. He had already kept Mackenzie and offered Reilly a new deal. He would have understood the importance of team harmony and kept the nucleus of last season's side, while adding to it. He wouldn't have told players that last season gave their all just to beat it.

I think the lack of a finisher is affecting the confidence of the team. We need a couple of strikers very soon. Easier said than done of course. Hopefully AS didn’t have all his eggs in the Rooney, Miller and Stokes baskets. Like others have said- let’s see where we are at the end of the transfer window - maybe laughing at how worried we all were? [emoji846]

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Looks to me like Stubbs has sorted out the defence and the core of the midfield.

We will be hard to beat next season.

We just need width and a striker and we will be good to go.

6 pts from 9 is exactly where we would have expected to have been at this stage so we are very much in the Cup.

We could do with gaining some fans with a bit of resilience and the ability to look at the bigger picture.

We lost 2 goals to Spartans and 6 to Sunderland. How do you come to this conclusion??

Just now, oaksoft said:

Was there a time when we were ever any good at breaking down lower league opposition who sit in against us?

QP didn't sit in against us though. They had as much of the ball, passed better and faster and had more efforts on target.

One of the telling things tonight was despite screaming out for a goal or some creativity, Stubbs left Cooke and King on the bench, two of his signings, whilst only using 2 subs.

First I’ve seen of the team tonight and to be honest I’m shocked at what I seen,

Heaton looked nervous to start but I’m not too concerned about him I think he will come good.

Kpekawa described himself as a ball playing centre half....f**k me, his distribution is atrocious.

McGinn is a major downgrade from Liam Smith, amazed Ross signed him.

Wasn’t impressed with Coulson, looked too lightweight.

Cammy Smith looks lost

Mullen, Flynn, Stephen McGinn didn’t impress either

Anyone else think we don’t look fit either? Coulson and KPekawa looked knackered after about 50mins

Really surprised at quite how poor we were tonight.

5 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

I think the lack of a finisher is affecting the confidence of the team. We need a couple of strikers very soon. Easier said than done of course. Hopefully AS didn’t have all his eggs in the Rooney, Miller and Stokes baskets. Like others have said- let’s see where we are at the end of the transfer window - maybe laughing at how worried we all were? emoji846.png

Where have the chances been for a striker to put away? Wouldn’t have mattered who was up front tonight. I’d say a Morgan like winger/midfield player is just as important!

2 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

We lost 2 goals to Spartans and 6 to Sunderland. How do you come to this conclusion??

Simple. He knows bugger all about fitba but still insists on slabbering shite about it.

Stick him on ignore - you'll never look back.

Where have the chances been for a striker to put away? Wouldn’t have mattered who was up front tonight. I’d say a Morgan like winger/midfield player is just as important!

7 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

We have lost just 2 goals in 3 competitive matches.

Sunderland was a friendly and, whilst embarassing, doesn't count.

Just now, Big Yards said:

My point is exactly what I said. Losing 8 goals in the 2 other games isn’t exactly impressive defensive statistics! 

A friendly is exactly that, a chance to feck about and see what works.

Don't get me wrong, the "real" games, two from three, have been disappointing, but to use a stupid bounce game as some sort of real pointer smacks of desperation IMO. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Agree on point number one.

Cowards way out on point number two. 

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Yeah, alright, on both points :lol:

Trying to use herd mentality to persuade forum users to stick another member on ignore is the act of a coward and a bully. The man has absolutely zero class.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Agree on point number one.

Cowards way out on point number two. 

Coward?

It demonstrates that I can employ discretion in an appropriate manner, which also serves to indicate that I am considerably more intelligent and wise than you:)

13 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

I think the lack of a finisher is affecting the confidence of the team. We need a couple of strikers very soon. Easier said than done of course. Hopefully AS didn’t have all his eggs in the Rooney, Miller and Stokes baskets. Like others have said- let’s see where we are at the end of the transfer window - maybe laughing at how worried we all were? emoji846.png

We're not creating anything to finish ! We're shite all over the pitch !

So we’ll be hard to beat at Easter Rd, tynecastle, pittodrie, Ibrox and Parkhead with the current team? I’m glad you think so

Did you omit the other 6 teams for a reason?

I expect we will get the occasional humping but we will also make some of them work hard to beat us.

Edited by oaksoft

31 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

i think it's a tad harsh to expect all the new guys to be on fire from day 1.

I think it would be very harsh to expect all the new guys to be on fire from day 1. However, I don’t think it’s harsh to expect that they should be able to defeat both Spartans and Queens Park.

The fact they couldn’t, is worrying. If Fitzy isn’t worried, he bloody well should be.

Just now, Drew said:

Coward?

It demonstrates that I can employ discretion in an appropriate manner, which also serves to indicate that I am considerably more intelligent and wise than you:)

To me it demonstrates people who can't handle opinions different from their own.

Look at Poz, more people on ignore than any other forum member,  a frail mindset that tries way too hard to be something, funny, he clearly isn't. 

Life. and forum life, is mixed, deal with it or simply join a forum that is designed to agree with everything they would like to be seen as fact. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

To me it demonstrates people who can't handle opinions different from their own.

Look at Poz, more people on ignore than any other forum member,  a frail mindset that tries way too hard to be something, funny, he clearly isn't. 

Life. and forum life, is mixed, deal with it or simply join a forum that is designed to agree with everything they would like to be seen as fact. 

You might be posting more on this thread than you did after our marvelous performance against Killie  :P

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Did you omit the other 6 teams for a reason?

On what I've seen so far , I fear the worst against the other 6 also. The only positive I can take just now is , there's still time to bring in some more players. The squad is far too thin at the moment.