I'm So Excited For The Season Ahead

54 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

How can it be half a squad most of last season's team is still in place plus additional ones. Think what Div is trying to say is a couple maybe even a few quality players are inbound but not for a couple of weeks. Would rather the manager took his time to get who he wants than just plucking the next player for the sake of it. 

I get the impression that Cooke is a wee gamble, but like the Ross Stewart’s were, won’t be on much, worth a punt.

King should hopefully be decent, whilst I think it’s reasonable to expect big things of Heaton since we’ve spent a fair bit on him.

Going by what the manager has said, I’d still expect 5 or 6 more new arrivals, and possibly some more departures in the next few weeks. Of those 5 or 6 I’d expect all will come from England, or the continent.

2 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:
1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

How can it be half a squad most of last season's team is still in place plus additional ones. Think what Div is trying to say is a couple maybe even a few quality players are inbound but not for a couple of weeks. Would rather the manager took his time to get who he wants than just plucking the next player for the sake of it. 

It’s half a team with a squad made up of guys who will never cut it ie Stewart, Kirkpatrick, McShane etc We’ve lost 3 of our best players in Morgan, Davis and Reilly and haven’t brought in any quality or experience yet. I understand we may still do so but for the League cup it’s all a bit late

7 hours ago, div said:

I get the impression that Cooke is a wee gamble, but like the Ross Stewart’s were, won’t be on much, worth a punt.

King should hopefully be decent, whilst I think it’s reasonable to expect big things of Heaton since we’ve spent a fair bit on him.

Going by what the manager has said, I’d still expect 5 or 6 more new arrivals, and possibly some more departures in the next few weeks. Of those 5 or 6 I’d expect all will come from England, or the continent.

Oh no, they will all be rubbish since most of B&WA's resident experts won't have heard of them.

:blink:

10 hours ago, div said:

I don't think Cookes a gamble , and don't think he,s come up here to play reserve football for sweeties .

he has given up a decent job , and part time wages with a decent level non - league club , and he,s up sticks and moved about 500 miles from home , so he,s bound to have been offered a decent wage , likewise Stubbs would have assessed his Strength , fitness , ability and attitude before making a move for him , I,m expecting him to be a big strong lad who will unsettle defences .

looking forward to next season very much , I,m thinking there will only be three or four scots born players in our starting line up , and it doesn't bother me the slightest .

COYS

16 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I don't think Cookes a gamble , and don't think he,s come up here to play reserve football for sweeties .

he has given up a decent job , and part time wages with a decent level non - league club , and he,s up sticks and moved about 500 miles from home , so he,s bound to have been offered a decent wage , likewise Stubbs would have assessed his Strength , fitness , ability and attitude before making a move for him , I,m expecting him to be a big strong lad who will unsettle defences .

looking forward to next season very much , I,m thinking there will only be three or four scots born players in our starting line up , and it doesn't bother me the slightest .

COYS

It's a massive step up for him mate. Moving from part time football to full time is an enormous leap. It pretty much broke the likes of McQuade and Wardlaw, but then again it was the making of Darren McGregor.

You are right though, we have to trust the managers judgement. He won't get it right all the time, and neither did Jack, but exciting to see how the new boys shape up!

A lot of churn to come. I reckon only S McGinn, Smith, Heaton and Magennis are certs to start the first game of the season!

How can you fail to be excited by the prospect of us being back in the Premiership? There are two ways of looking at it I suppose...

1. We'll get beat most of the time, so what's the point. Haven't signed anyone I've heard of so they must all be crap. The manager isn't the guy I wanted so he must be crap as well.

or...

2. We go into the Premiership as champions of the second tier, with the majority of the team that won it still at the club. We've signed a number of players from down south, who will have been scouted and recommended to us, and who will not have been signed as a gamble by a manager who needs to do well to restore his reputation. There are a lot more players to come in, and we'll have the numbers to provide genuine competition, as the manager has stated in his interviews so far.

Personally I'm going for option 2. The sun is shining, summer's here and I can't wait for our first preseason friendly. Happy clapper all the way... B)

18 minutes ago, Soctty said:

How can you fail to be excited by the prospect of us being back in the Premiership? There are two ways of looking at it I suppose...

1. We'll get beat most of the time, so what's the point. Haven't signed anyone I've heard of so they must all be crap. The manager isn't the guy I wanted so he must be crap as well.

or...

2. We go into the Premiership as champions of the second tier, with the majority of the team that won it still at the club. We've signed a number of players from down south, who will have been scouted and recommended to us, and who will not have been signed as a gamble by a manager who needs to do well to restore his reputation. There are a lot more players to come in, and we'll have the numbers to provide genuine competition, as the manager has stated in his interviews so far.

Personally I'm going for option 2. The sun is shining, summer's here and I can't wait for our first preseason friendly. Happy clapper all the way... B)

This.  Most close seasons are a grind on the forum for me this is exciting back to the premiership new manager and a good few new players. Can't wait for the killie  game even if our squad is not completely built.  

1 hour ago, Hambud said:
22 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
It's fine, we'll get the lowdown on them from someone Dicko knows.

After his sportsman's dinner* on Saturday night.....

*A gut buster munchie box whilst watching Match of the day?:rolleyes: