Scottish Challenge Cup 2018/19

shull

28 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
52 minutes ago, 2becks said:
Totally wrong to criticize the club's for the price on the one. Ten quid is the minimum allowed by the SPFL in this competition.

Unless both clubs agree to a lower admission. Hearts charged £5 for their home game vs Ross Co in the last round.

Interesting, I've asked the SLO about this, I await his answer, either Hearts have broken competition rules or we have broken advertising rules, possibly even laws by misleading wording on the website.

1 hour ago, 2becks said:

Totally wrong to criticize the club's for the price on the one. Ten quid is the minimum allowed by the SPFL in this competition.

Only if both Clubs can't agree. 

Probably both Clubs at it. 

The Clubs are the SPFL. 

How thick are they at charging an outrageous price for tomorrow's match ? 

And just you lie back and accept it.

39 minutes ago, 2becks said:

Interesting, I've asked the SLO about this, I await his answer, either Hearts have broken competition rules

No they haven't.

or we have broken advertising rules, possibly even laws by misleading wording on the website.

No we haven't.

As long as both clubs agree then any price can be charged, even free admittance.

Alloa recently charged £17 for their home game, Livingston allowed everyone in for free (albeit this was a replay of an abandoned game).

35 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

No they haven't.

No we haven't.

As long as both clubs agree then any price can be charged, even free admittance.

Alloa recently charged £17 for their home game, Livingston allowed everyone in for free (albeit this was a replay of an abandoned game).

I disagree, the advert is misleading as it's implicit that £10 is the minimum price allowed. If that's not the case, and from what you tell me it's not, then the advert breaks advertising rules.

10 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

"8.5 Any Home Club wishing to charge less than the Board Minimum Prices of Ground
Admission must obtain the written consent of its opponent prior to the Match taking
place."

As no written consent was received, then no rule/law broken. emoji106.png

For that to make the advert not misleading then the detail of the competition rule would have to be widely understood by, as the established principle says, "the man on the Clapham omnibus" which I don't think it is, in fact having looked on the SPFL website I can't find the rule at all. I believe that the club have been intentionally misleading here and I am quite annoyed about it. I probably would have bought my ticket anyway but I would have certainly given it some thought before I did.

Forgot all about this game!

Alternative plans already made - so I won't be going.

Would probably have went and felt taken advantage of at the same time.

Fair enough to charge if either side is a 1st team - it's part of their normal season and should be chargeable (although perhaps at a lower rate).

For all U21 clashes it should be free entry - either both sides should agree or the governing body should include an exception to the general rule to cover these situations.  

Remind us not to employ Alan Archibald as our future Manager.

He done a Jack Ross and treated Partick Thistle, their fans and the Challenge Cup with total contempt.

Just like our Manager did last Season v Raith.

Unforgivable.

He played a weakened Team away to East Fife and they lost in front of 500 angry Jags fans.

ARCHIBALD SHOULD BE SACKED.