Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What we have so far....              https://www.stmirren.com/teams/first-team/first-team-squad

 

 

DEFENDERS....                                                                          MIDFIELD.....                                                           FORWARDS......                                                                GOALKEEPERS.........

Jack Baird                                                                                    Jeff King                                                                     Cody Cooke                                                                        Craig Samson

Adam Eckersley                                                                        Ryan Flynn                                                                Myles Hippolyte                                                              Ross Stewart

Gary McKenzie                                                                         James Kererman                                                    Danny Mullen

Paul McGinn                                                                               Jordan Kirkpatrick                                               Cammy Smith        

Josh Heaton                                                                                Kyle Magennis                                                        Ross Stewart

 Ben Cameron                                                                            Stephen McGinn                          

                                                                                                            Ian McShane

 

With players like forward Ross Stewart, and Midfielder Jordan Kirkpatrick probably going out on loan again, The squad looks very light in all departments especially in defence. I would go with another 'keeper, a couple of defenders and a couple of forwards,  Thoughts?

 

Edited by Buddie Marvelous
forgot Ben Cameron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

What we have so far....              https://www.stmirren.com/teams/first-team/first-team-squad

 

 

DEFENDERS....                                                                          MIDFIELD.....                                                           FORWARDS......                                                                GOALKEEPERS.........

 Jack Baird                                                                                    Jeff King                                                                     Cody Cooke                                                                        Craig Samson

Adam Eckersley                                                                        Ryan Flynn                                                                Myles Hippolyte                                                              Ross Stewart

Gary McKenzie                                                                         James Kererman                                                    Danny Mullen

Paul McGinn                                                                               Jordan Kirkpatrick                                               Cammy Smith        

Josh Heaton                                                                                Kyle Magennis                                                        Ross Stewart

 Ben Gordon                                                                                Stephen McGinn                          

                                                                                                            Ian McShane

 

With players like forward Ross Stewart, and Midfielder Jordan Kirkpatrick probably going out on loan again, The squad looks very light in all departments especially in defence. I would go with another 'keeper, a couple of defenders and a couple of forwards,  Thoughts?

Understand the rationale behind farming out Ross the striker and Kirkpatrick; as I would imagine even though they did well last season on loan, that they are still a long way short of being ready for the Premier League, the rest is looking reasonable except for Goalkeeping, I can't believe we will go into next season with just Ross Stewart as a reserve keeper, far to risky and erm I have to admit I really don't know much about Ben Gordon, could someone elaborate please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Understand the rationale behind farming out Ross the striker and Kirkpatrick; as I would imagine even though they did well last season on loan, that they are still a long way short of being ready for the Premier League, the rest is looking reasonable except for Goalkeeping, I can't believe we will go into next season with just Ross Stewart as a reserve keeper, far to risky and erm I have to admit I really don't know much about Ben Gordon, could someone elaborate please. 

DdzwCr_U0AAmWlK.jpg

From the academy.16 year old Irvine boy I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, David Mc said:

That’s Ben Cameron IIRC

Apologies, it's Ben Cameron I meant to type!  (now edited and amended). 

The Ben Gordon we had went out on loan to Alloa then left us to join East Fife.

Edited by Buddie Marvelous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

With players like forward Ross Stewart, and Midfielder Jordan Kirkpatrick probably going out on loan again, The squad looks very light in all departments especially in defence. I would go with another 'keeper, a couple of defenders and a couple of forwards,  Thoughts?

 

Will get back to you after I've spoken to Alan.      :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

Hopefully get Smith back and if Ross Stewart has bulked up a bit he might do a job up front.

Paul McGinn replaces Smith who will stay at Hearts . Strikers lad from England signed, Mullin, no doubt Stokes who is going  to Spain with the squad will get a contract offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scottd said:

Does that mean we might sign some Scottish players?:rolleyes:

Glasgow international airport is in paisley. St Mirren international FC is in Paisley also. Asda is officially in Paisley. Last but not least my heart is in Paisley :booty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Glasgow international airport is in paisley. St Mirren international FC is in Paisley also. Asda is officially in Paisley. Last but not least my heart is in Paisley :booty

No idea what this means but I'm happy for you nonetheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You wrote are we signing Scottish players , yes ? I'm saying we are international  

  Hide contents

:D

 

Only dead clubs attempting to reincarnate would choose the description 'International'.:whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, scottd said:

Only dead clubs attempting to reincarnate would choose the description 'International'.:whistle

Can't argue with that mate however you did write is there room for Scottish players , no ? I don't care where players come from as long they play for the badge our club one town one team. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can't argue with that mate however you did write is there room for Scottish players , no ? I don't care where players come from as long they play for the badge our club one town one team. 

 

I do hope that the new signing policy of bringing in guys from the English 6th tier won't prevent any youngsters of our own from progressing through the ranks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×