First Team Squad

What we have so far....              https://www.stmirren.com/teams/first-team/first-team-squad

DEFENDERS....                                                                          MIDFIELD.....                                                           FORWARDS......                                                                GOALKEEPERS.........

Jack Baird                                                                                    Jeff King                                                                     Cody Cooke                                                                        Craig Samson

Adam Eckersley                                                                        Ryan Flynn                                                                Myles Hippolyte                                                              Ross Stewart

Gary McKenzie                                                                         James Kererman                                                    Danny Mullen

Paul McGinn                                                                               Jordan Kirkpatrick                                               Cammy Smith        

Josh Heaton                                                                                Kyle Magennis                                                        Ross Stewart

Ben Cameron                                                                            Stephen McGinn                          

Ian McShane

With players like forward Ross Stewart, and Midfielder Jordan Kirkpatrick probably going out on loan again, The squad looks very light in all departments especially in defence. I would go with another 'keeper, a couple of defenders and a couple of forwards,  Thoughts?

Edited by Buddie Marvelous
forgot Ben Cameron

1 hour ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

What we have so far....              https://www.stmirren.com/teams/first-team/first-team-squad

DEFENDERS....                                                                          MIDFIELD.....                                                           FORWARDS......                                                                GOALKEEPERS.........

Jack Baird                                                                                    Jeff King                                                                     Cody Cooke                                                                        Craig Samson

Adam Eckersley                                                                        Ryan Flynn                                                                Myles Hippolyte                                                              Ross Stewart

Gary McKenzie                                                                         James Kererman                                                    Danny Mullen

Paul McGinn                                                                               Jordan Kirkpatrick                                               Cammy Smith        

Josh Heaton                                                                                Kyle Magennis                                                        Ross Stewart

Ben Gordon                                                                                Stephen McGinn                          

Ian McShane

With players like forward Ross Stewart, and Midfielder Jordan Kirkpatrick probably going out on loan again, The squad looks very light in all departments especially in defence. I would go with another 'keeper, a couple of defenders and a couple of forwards,  Thoughts?

Understand the rationale behind farming out Ross the striker and Kirkpatrick; as I would imagine even though they did well last season on loan, that they are still a long way short of being ready for the Premier League, the rest is looking reasonable except for Goalkeeping, I can't believe we will go into next season with just Ross Stewart as a reserve keeper, far to risky and erm I have to admit I really don't know much about Ben Gordon, could someone elaborate please. 

18 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Understand the rationale behind farming out Ross the striker and Kirkpatrick; as I would imagine even though they did well last season on loan, that they are still a long way short of being ready for the Premier League, the rest is looking reasonable except for Goalkeeping, I can't believe we will go into next season with just Ross Stewart as a reserve keeper, far to risky and erm I have to admit I really don't know much about Ben Gordon, could someone elaborate please. 

DdzwCr_U0AAmWlK.jpg

From the academy.16 year old Irvine boy I think.

3 hours ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Will get back to you after I've spoken to Alan.      :P

2 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

Hopefully get Smith back and if Ross Stewart has bulked up a bit he might do a job up front.

Paul McGinn replaces Smith who will stay at Hearts . Strikers lad from England signed, Mullin, no doubt Stokes who is going  to Spain with the squad will get a contract offer. 

33 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Glasgow international airport is in paisley. St Mirren international FC is in Paisley also. Asda is officially in Paisley. Last but not least my heart is in Paisley :booty

That's your arse. :P

5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Glasgow international airport is in paisley. St Mirren international FC is in Paisley also. Asda is officially in Paisley. Last but not least my heart is in Paisley :booty

No idea what this means but I'm happy for you nonetheless.

28 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You wrote are we signing Scottish players , yes ? I'm saying we are international  

Hide contents

:D

Only dead clubs attempting to reincarnate would choose the description 'International'.:whistle

29 minutes ago, scottd said:

Only dead clubs attempting to reincarnate would choose the description 'International'.:whistle

Can't argue with that mate however you did write is there room for Scottish players , no ? I don't care where players come from as long they play for the badge our club one town one team. 

16 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can't argue with that mate however you did write is there room for Scottish players , no ? I don't care where players come from as long they play for the badge our club one town one team. 

I do hope that the new signing policy of bringing in guys from the English 6th tier won't prevent any youngsters of our own from progressing through the ranks.