First Team Squad

34 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

A Dunfermline fan now saying on P&B that they are apparently interested in Hippolyte. 

Again, I just get a feeling we wouldn't be too difficult to deal with in terms of Hippo. He was the 4th or 5th choice target in January (albeit under different leadership) and to be honest, it showed in how little football he played for us. 

I wouldnt let him go tbh.

We will be getting to the stage where we literally can't field a team if we get a few injuries.  I'm not saying hippo is a great player but we need bodies at the moment more than anything. 

Gary Mac can sit on his contract just like any other player under contract. My point, if it wasn't clear enough, is why would any player give up top flight football to play for the likes of Dumbarton and for less money when they can sit tight  and fight for a place?

If they get a pay off to leave then they might earn not far off what they would get by staying plus get a regular game

I wouldnt let him go tbh.
We will be getting to the stage where we literally can't field a team if we get a few injuries.  I'm not saying hippo is a great player but we need bodies at the moment more than anything. 

Don’t agree. We’ve signed 2 new attacking midfielders, King and Kellerman plus a striker in Cody Cooke. We also brought in Mullen and Flynn in Jan and Ross Stewart is back again.

It would be good to get more quality but don’t think we’re too short on bodies in attacking positions just now.

Just having a wee look at Hibs   team , the first time we played them under Stubbs , compared to  the last time we played them under Butcher. Only one player , Lewis Stevenson , remained. I fear we're facing the same situ here , wouldn't be surprised if , by the end of the season , there are no Ross players still around !

What we have so far....              https://www.stmirren.com/teams/first-team/first-team-squad

DEFENDERS....                                                                          MIDFIELD.....                                                           FORWARDS......                                                                GOALKEEPERS.........

Jack Baird                                                                                    Jeff King                                                                     Cody Cooke                                                                        Craig Samson

Adam Eckersley*                                                                     Ryan Flynn                                                            Myles Hippolyte                                                                   Danny Rogers

Gary McKenzie*                                                                     James Kererman                                                    Danny Mullen                                                                        

Paul McGinn                                                                              Jordan Kirkpatrick                                               Cammy Smith        

Josh Heaton                                                                              Kyle Magennis                                                        Ross Stewart

Ben Cameron                                                                           Stephen McGinn                          

Hayden Coulson                                                                     Ian McShane*

Ethan Erhahon 

Conor O'Keefe

Again it looks as if Stubbs isn't going to mess about here. I'm not overly concerned about Hippo being allowed to leave he was a back up player who at best might have had a good run of form and forced his way into the starting line up. I would say Reilly, L Smith and Morgan apart we've not really lost anyone we were absolutely desperate to keep.

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Again it looks as if Stubbs isn't going to mess about here. I'm not overly concerned about Hippo being allowed to leave he was a back up player who at best might have had a good run of form and forced his way into the starting line up. I would say Reilly, L Smith and Morgan apart we've not really lost anyone we were absolutely desperate to keep.

Strange that considering they won us the league but very true. 

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

And Davis, that's four regular starters from last year.

Was in Glasgow Fort shops earlier and bumped into Sir Jim of Goodwin. Charming as always, a gent. Anyway - had a chat about Saints, and he said he likes Stubbs’ approach, bring in young guys who have careers ahead of them, rather than going down the ‘old faces’ road. I guess by that he meant the likes of Flood / Stokes. Was nice to have a chat with him and apparently his golf game is still in decent shape, so come on Fan Council, get him signed for Mar Hall!

By that squad list we have 22 senior players on the books for next season - I think we'll probably be able to field a team tonight...

With three of those being told they can go, that would mean another three coming in as it stands, to give Stubbs two players for every position theoretically, plus any he sees as being good enough to be included at some point in the season from the academy.

I'd guess on top of those three to go there may be another couple, which would mean another couple coming in. Big changes, exciting times ahead. Well that's the spin I'm putting on it anyway...

5 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

With Hippolyte moving on I’m worried. We are so short on numbers it’s mind boggling

We have a squad of 22 at the moment, excluding the academy. We aren't mindbogglingly short of numbers as far as I can see. Whether we're short of quality, time will tell, but with a few more players to come in, I'm personally not worried.

We have a squad of 22 at the moment, excluding the academy. We aren't mindbogglingly short of numbers as far as I can see. Whether we're short of quality, time will tell, but with a few more players to come in, I'm personally not worried.

So we have 2 players for every position then? We must be lacking numbers we let 15 go and signed 7.

27 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Excellent.

Defence shaping up nicely.

Agreed - definitely looking to be our strongest area of the park. Probably just need some cover in the right back area.

We're still light up front. Any word on the other lad from Middlesbrough?

7 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

He left Hibs in not bad shape ,  between them Rice , Stubbsy and Jackson will have seen a few players over the last season , and will have decent enough contacts to put a decent team together , our problem is , we,ve not seen the team.play yet , so can't really measure the quality of the signings

Agree 100 per cent Menstrie