First Team Squad

4 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

We have 15 first team players now who will probably be part of Stubbs’ plans.

If you include the 3 told to leave who are still here, plus Kirkpatrick and Stewart plus Erhahon, that’s 21 players.

How can anyone think that we are short of bodies?

Still yonks of the transfer window left as well!

Forgot about Erhahon. Interesting that McPherson and Kirkpatrick were in the team in front of him !

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

Forgot about Erhahon. Interesting that McPherson and Kirkpatrick were in the team in front of him !

We were good tonight mate, I had concerns but we were good and our energy levels were superb.

For a team that hasn’t played a competitive match together that was impressive.

2 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

1 of my best pals is a hibs fan and I was talking to him tonight and he says Stubbs’s recruitment is 2nd to none and was his strongest point at hibs.

He managed to steal Boyle from Dundee in exchange for the hopeless Harris , he has proven to be a great signing !

Delighted with Danny Mullen’s performance tonight, always rated him highly last season. Works 2 centre halves all night and still manages to get himself into scoring positions.

If he was a bit more selfish the goals would fly in and he’d be snapped up in the English Championship.

Noel Hunt comes to mind.

Have the knickerwetters settled down a bit ? Great team performance from every single player tonight. Early days , but with still 5 or 6 to come in I'm quietly confident about the season ahead.  

Alan Stubbs black and white army. 

13 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

According to Radio Clyde last night we have made 9 signings I can only count 8.
Kellerman,Mcginn,Rogers,Heaton,Cooke,King,Coulson and Kpekawa.

Have I forgot somebody or are they talking rubbish???

The re-signing of the penalty king. :)

Edited by shull

Based on AS's post-match interview, it sounds as though at least one of the players still to come in will either involve a fee, and/or substantial wages. He quipped about not knowing how happy the CEO and Chairman were.

I was quick to play down the significance of the game last night, but will readily concede that it has lit that wee fuse of anticipation that I was waiting for. It looks as though the new man at the helm knows his onions (and his players).

9 minutes ago, Drew said:

Based on AS's post-match interview, it sounds as though at least one of the players still to come in will either involve a fee, and/or substantial wages. He quipped about not knowing how happy the CEO and Chairman were.

I was quick to play down the significance of the game last night, but will readily concede that it has lit that wee fuse of anticipation that I was waiting for. It looks as though the new man at the helm knows his onions (and his players).

Who is the lad who left Everton at 17 to Man U then went back to Everton. Surly not Rooney :ph34r:

We have a squad of 22 at the moment, excluding the academy. We aren't mindbogglingly short of numbers as far as I can see. Whether we're short of quality, time will tell, but with a few more players to come in, I'm personally not worried.
Creative CM, RB and a goalscorer would be ideal. In the mould of K McLean, L Smith and Sutton (1st Spell at us) would be ideal.
Id say we were ready after that.

On 7/12/2018 at 12:14 PM, Jack the lad said:

I would add Mullen to that list, with the likes of Alloa, Ton or the rock being the beneficiaries.

That would be us out of the League Cup then...........

Mullen to any of those three.....utter nonsense.

Jack Ross preferred him to Reilly for many games and it looks like Stubbs is of the same opinion.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Many times now I have heard the story of four or five signings still to come, two of which would excite the fans. I hope it happens, but I cannot think of who is available, in our price bracket / wage structure, that would be in the ‘exciting’ category. I suppose if Stubbs had signed Kenny Miller and Stokes, he might have classed them in that bracket, as they are ‘name’ players, but it clearly isn’t them.

TBH, I’d have been quite excited if we’d brought Stevie Mallan back, so in preparation of being ‘fully excited’, I’m off to get in some beers and popcorn.

Not one of the newbies looked out of place last night. I know it's too early to call but at least that performance and style of play calms my fears a little about decimating the squad. Stubbs clearly sees the sense in introducing the new players slowly. 

30 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

That would be us out of the League Cup then...........

Mullen to any of those three.....utter nonsense.

Jack Ross preferred him to Reilly for many games and it looks like Stubbs is of the same opinion.

I'm hoping the signings to " exite the fans " will be youngsters that are really fast , and on the verge of first team football in England , a couple of attacking players in the same mould as that left back from Middlesborough will be nice.

It seemed to me that the problem the knicker wetters had was that they’d never heard of the players. They just want us to sign the same tired one faces.

Even now, we have fools saying that they personally cannot think of anyone available who would excite them.

Dearly me, so Stubbs is restricted to just being able to sign players that a numpty of this forum has heard of?

FFS [emoji23]

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

It seemed to me that the problem the knicker wetters had was that they’d never heard of the players. They just want us to sign the same tired one faces.

Even now, we have fools saying that they personally cannot think of anyone available who would excite them.

Dearly me, so Stubbs is restricted to just being able to sign players that a numpty of this forum has heard of?

FFS emoji23.png

Sigh. Another shite alias from a usual suspect hits the ‘ignore’ list. Tiresome process, but ultimately worth clicking a few buttons.