First Team Squad

On 7/19/2018 at 1:18 PM, Wendy Saintss said:

The story goes that in the summer of '79 we had signed Somner and McDougall for a combined fee of £280k , Clunie's budget was 300k and he wanted Bobby Houston from Thistle , but they wanted £100k for him at that time. QOS wanted £30 k for Dempster , a similar but older player than Houston ,  but agreed to £25k and we paid that !

At the time, the McDougall & Somner transfer fees were the biggest and 3rd biggest in Scottish football history!

Clunie asked Jack Copland who he liked playing against the least and he told him Somner. That was good enough for him!

Clunie, Copland, Somner, McDougall - happy happy memories. 

24 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Looks like Kellerman is the man to be going on loan. Haven’t really seen enough to comment, but hoping that it’s a club in Scotland and can keep a close eye on him.

Fair enough. The lad was a JR pick for the type of game he wanted to play. As reported elsewhere we seem to go going. For a more physical approach.  If he goes, I hope he does well.

On 8/12/2018 at 3:20 PM, Ethan said:

Knew our defence would patch us. We need more experience

On 8/12/2018 at 5:26 PM, Ethan said:

We should bring in additional players now so its not too much to worry about. We did as well as could be expected with the current squad. We lack creative width a finisher and an experienced centre back. 

On 8/16/2018 at 4:43 PM, Ethan said:

Come on Stubbs bring in a wide player and another striker. I was chatting to an ICT fan who is convinced its a done deal for Polworth

9 minutes ago, Ethan said:

We are still weak in areas especially upfront and wing. Come on Stubbs get it fixed

FFS! 

When is eckersley and mc Kenzie expected to be fit. Stubbs needs to play them as soon as they are fit 

Greenock Morton 4-1 St Mirren http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40835556

Your right teams would never score 4 against us then

Imo our main problem is going forward best way to defend is to attack and in the last 2 games we have severely lacked a threat going forward need at least a left mid with a bit of pace and one on the right also if not magennis or willock need to play their as cammy and Mullen have proven they can only play central roles.

Don’t get me wrong defence has been very poor too many mistakes so far but I don’t see 2 injury prone players being much use to us this season just hearing mackenzie could be out for another few months.

5 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Greenock Morton 4-1 St Mirren http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40835556

Your right teams would never score 4 against us then

Imo our main problem is going forward best way to defend is to attack and in the last 2 games we have severely lacked a threat going forward need at least a left mid with a bit of pace and one on the right also if not magennis or willock need to play their as cammy and Mullen have proven they can only play central roles.

Don’t get me wrong defence has been very poor too many mistakes so far but I don’t see 2 injury prone players being much use to us this season just hearing mackenzie could be out for another few months.

Or defend better. :wink: