First Team Squad

Cooke played the full 90 for the Reserves on Monday but none of the others were in the squad.

King is injured & Heaton wasn’t risked due to him just coming back from injury and concern that he may be needed if Baird hadn’t recovered in time .
Kpekawa? Who knows . I think we may well have seen the last of him

On 9/30/2018 at 2:53 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

How is Cook looking in the games. I see you watch the reserves a lot. Used to myself when I stayed up the road. 

Not sure how he's done in the reserves or anything else but the little time I seen him on the park, it looked like he'd just been told what a football was during warm-up. Unreal how AS thought he was the level we needed. 

10 hours ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

According to the official site we have 29 players in our first team squad.
https://www.stmirren.com/teams/first-team/first-team-squad

Yes - and it does not include Sam Jamieson. Neither is  he included in the reserve squad.

Some have indicated that we got him from Sevco Academy.

When - and why is he not listed with the rest of his buddies?

He left Hibs in not bad shape ,  between them Rice , Stubbsy and Jackson will have seen a few players over the last season , and will have decent enough contacts to put a decent team together , our problem is , we,ve not seen the team.play yet , so can't really measure the quality of the signings

Excellent.
Defence shaping up nicely.

Agreed - definitely looking to be our strongest area of the park. Probably just need some cover in the right back area.
We're still light up front. Any word on the other lad from Middlesbrough?

Tonight should hopefully have settled a few concerns about the squad - especially with Stubbs saying there's more to come in the next few days, some of whom are meant to be exciting.

1 of my best pals is a hibs fan and I was talking to him tonight and he says Stubbs’s recruitment is 2nd to none and was his strongest point at hibs.

Have the knickerwetters settled down a bit ? Great team performance from every single player tonight. Early days , but with still 5 or 6 to come in I'm quietly confident about the season ahead.  
Alan Stubbs black and white army. 

Not one of the newbies looked out of place last night. I know it's too early to call but at least that performance and style of play calms my fears a little about decimating the squad. Stubbs clearly sees the sense in introducing the new players slowly. 

It is obvious Stubbs is approaching the season with clear intent.

^^^^ Aye, he was intent in dismantling us :D

Funny how things change within a matter of weeks......

Let’s hope we can now change them positively within a matter of weeks

2 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

^^^^ Aye, he was intent in dismantling us :D

Funny how things change within a matter of weeks......

Let’s hope we can now change them positively within a matter of weeks

In my defence,  I did say "early days ".

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Injuries are causing selection problems that we could do without,  that's for sure.  

Even without the injuries I'm not sure there's any indication that OK knows how to utilize the current squad effectively - I don't reckon there's been a noticeable improvement in results.

Unless there was a financial benefit in sacking Stubbsy before the three months were up we would've been as well giving him until the end of November.  

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

Even without the injuries I'm not sure there's any indication that OK knows how to utilize the current squad effectively - I don't reckon there's been a noticeable improvement in results.

Unless there was a financial benefit in sacking Stubbsy before the three months were up we would've been as well giving him until the end of November.  

Reopening an old argument there Bud regarding Stubbs.  I think there was more to the parting of the ways than we will ever be told but it's now in the past.  Since OK arrived we have brought in a few decent players. The emergence of McPherson and perhaps Jamieson is a double bonus but we do need a fit Magennis to help provide balance.  The  search goes on for a fast raiding winger.  The players already with us in May 2018 have now had 3 managers in 4 months.  Difficult for players and managers alike. 

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Reopening an old argument there Bud regarding Stubbs.  I think there was more to the parting of the ways than we will ever be told but it's now in the past.  Since OK arrived we have brought in a few decent players. The emergence of McPherson and perhaps Jamieson is a double bonus but we do need a fit Magennis to help provide balance.  The  search goes on for a fast raiding winger.  The players already with us in May 2018 have now had 3 managers in 4 months.  Difficult for players and managers alike. 

Not easy for us fans either!

I’m beginning to wonder if this is one of Top Cat’s aliases!!

You have got to be kidding. Stubbs was killing our club from the inside out. His man management was dire. Recruitment shocking though his impersonation of Alex Rae was pretty good as it was all the players fault!

It’ll take a bit of time to get things right just as it did for Jack Ross. If Stubbsy was given more time gawd knows what state the club would be in. No Cammy Smith for example?

I’m not slagging Stubbs off, I think he was the wrong type of manager for us and Gordon Scott should carry the can for that. Stubbs has gone now. Why not try and get behind the new guys or cut to the chase and start a tick tock thread!

Just now, Wendy Saintss said:

Cammy Smith was dropped by Kearney on Saturday so it’s clearly not just Stubbs who doesn’t rate him that highly!

Could have been rested rather than dropped WS.  Cammy doesn't often feature for the full 90 minutes but does give his all when on the park. 

40 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Sorry mate, but this is mince.

12 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

I’m beginning to wonder if this is one of Top Cat’s aliases!!
You have got to be kidding. Stubbs was killing our club from the inside out. His man management was dire. Recruitment shocking though his impersonation of Alex Rae was pretty good as it was all the players fault!.It’ll take a bit of time to get things right just as it did for Jack Ross. If Stubbsy was given more time gawd knows what state the club would be in. No Cammy Smith for example?
I’m not slagging Stubbs off, I think he was the wrong type of manager for us and Gordon Scott should carry the can for that. Stubbs has gone now. Why not try and get behind them or cut to the chase and start a tick tock thread!

Time for Kearney but not for Stubbsy - that’s just inconsistent. 

You’re "not slagging Stubbs off" but he was "was killing our club from the inside out".  :lol:

Stubbsy might have "lost" the dressing room but there’s no indication Kearney’s "found" it - deckchairs on the Titanic as far as I can see.

TF/GLS should’ve actively pursued JRs targets and recruited his replacement faster. Stubbsy was far from blameless but it was too early to sack him.

As for the tick tock thread, the people who chased Stubbsy out of town are the ones who’ll start it.