First Team Squad

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Time for Kearney but not for Stubbsy - that’s just inconsistent. 

You’re "not slagging Stubbs off" but he was "was killing our club from the inside out".  :lol:

Stubbsy might have "lost" the dressing room but there’s no indication Kearney’s "found" it - deckchairs on the Titanic as far as I can see.

TF/GLS should’ve actively pursued JRs targets and recruited his replacement faster. Stubbsy was far from blameless but it was too early to sack him.

As for the tick tock thread, the people who chased Stubbsy out of town are the ones who’ll start it.

Personally I would have kept Stubbs but, as I have already said,  there is more to the parting of the ways than we will ever be told. We are where we are and need to back the present manager.  I am encouraged by recruitment since he came and that he seems to have made clear which players he regards as second string.  These include a number of players signed under the previous manager.  Nothing unusual there.  It is consistent to have been willing to give Stubbs time (as I would have)  and to wish the same for OK.  I don't see it as shifting deck chairs on the Titanic, Just the inevitable impact of 4 months of chaos within the club which now needs time to stabilize. 

You’re "not slagging Stubbs off" but he was "was killing our club from the inside out".  :lol:
Stubbsy might have "lost" the dressing room but there’s no indication Kearney’s "found" it - deckchairs on the Titanic as far as I can see.
TF/GLS should’ve actively pursued JRs targets and recruited his replacement faster. Stubbsy was far from blameless but it was too early to sack him.
As for the tick tock thread, the people who chased Stubbsy out of town are the ones who’ll start it.

That’s not slagging him off. Far from it. Look, Mr. Magoo could see he was making an arse of it. He ran out of ideas early doors. He said he learned lots from the Rotherham debacle but didn’t show it. Poor,poor recruitment policy. Alan Stubbs would probably be a better manager if he could spend.
It’s not inconsistent to say you’ll give one manager time and not the other if one of those managers are making a pigs ear of it and seeming ill feeling running through the club. The feel good factor gone in a matter of weeks. No one chased Alan Stubbs out of town Bud The Dramatist, The Board had had enough. I don’t get why you are harping on about a manager that’s away anyway??
If you don’t like the new manager or new set up just say. You’ll look all the better when we get relegated and we can’t afford to sack the manager or TD. And we’ll all be reading the thread “we should have given Stubbs more time “.... by Top Cat the Baker!

6 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

That’s not slagging him off. Far from it. Look, Mr. Magoo could see he was making an arse of it. He ran out of ideas early doors. He said he learned lots from the Rotherham debacle but didn’t show it. Poor,poor recruitment policy. Alan Stubbs would probably be a better manager if he could spend.
It’s not inconsistent to say you’ll give one manager time and not the other if one of those managers are making a pigs ear of it and seeming ill feeling running through the club. The feel good factor gone in a matter of weeks. No one chased Alan Stubbs out of town Bud The Dramatist, The Board had had enough. I don’t get why you are harping on about a manager that’s away anyway??
If you don’t like the new manager or new set up just say. You’ll look all the better when we get relegated and we can’t afford to sack the manager or TD. And we’ll all be reading the thread “we should have given Stubbs more time “.... by Top Cat the Baker!

I don't see any improvement in results, I still consider sacking Stubbsy to be a premature decision, it was clear he was a dead duck after the Livi game, which meant we effectively missed out on the last week of the transfer window (although losing out on Kenny Millar was a bonus :) ). My position about giving managers till mid-November has been constant over a number of seasons & managers going back to Lennon, Murray & Craig.

I see my posts as being within the context of the current "First Team Squad" on a Saint Mirren forum and if anyone is playing out the role of a Drama Queen it's yourself posting mainly over-excited contradictions & lurid fantasies with a bit of name calling thrown in!

20 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I don't see any improvement in results, I still consider sacking Stubbsy to be a premature decision, it was clear he was a dead duck after the Livi game, which meant we effectively missed out on the last week of the transfer window (although losing out on Kenny Millar was a bonus :) ). My position about giving managers till mid-November has been constant over a number of seasons & managers going back to Lennon, Murray & Craig.

I see my posts as being within the context of the current "First Team Squad" on a Saint Mirren forum and if anyone is playing out the role of a Drama Queen it's yourself posting mainly over-excited contradictions & lurid fantasies with a bit of name calling thrown in!

Lurid fantasies?   What planet are you on at the moment?   Finish your funny cigarette and ask an adult to help you switch off the computer! 

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Maybe Stubbs rested him as well? emoji1.png

Don’t be ridiculous. He wasn’t rested.

Why should this be ridiculous?  How many full games has he played this season?  I say this as an admirer of the player. 

And yes.. He,  like others may be moved on if the manager judges this to be in the best interest of the club. 

Edited by St.Ricky

15 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

It was glaringly obvious that Murray (DEAFENING ALARM BELLS) especially, and Craig to a lesser degree, were not capable of doing the job for us - I would have sacked Murray a whole lot sooner as it was getting worse every week (I was 1 of the 1st on here screaming for it - and got pelters from folk who wanted to give him more time). (How's his career going now? I think it will be a long time before Stubbs gets another gig too with less than 3 months in post in his last 2 gigs) {Lennon, I feel was harshly treated - e.g.  every year his highest paid players or best players were removed from his squads}

Stubbs, had no clue in building a squad with the necessary capability for this league - He therefore weakened what we started with... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that he was taking us for the train wreck... thankfully the BOD acted swiftly... it has put us on the back foot, but let's see what Oran can do. If we had waited until Nov, he'd be starting too late to have adequate time to assess and plan recruitment in my opinion - but either way, why put off and give him less time?

I know JR similarly did not have long to re-jig the squad, but it was a league down from this one and due to Stubbs, a chunk of the finance is already tied up with guys who might just sit around and take their pay from us without having any chance of contributing. (To some extend JR had this too)

When it comes to football management Murray was a DUD - Stubbs is an stubborn and incapable ASS

14 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Why should this be ridiculous?  How many full games has he played this season?  I say this as an admirer of the player. 

And yes.. He,  like others may be moved on if the manager judges this to be in the best interest of the club. 

Why rest him when there is no game this week?  Surely he will get a rest on Saturday

9 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

Why rest him when there is no game this week?  Surely he will get a rest on Saturday

He has often not completed 90 minutes.  Is this because he isn't a good player or might it be his ability to last the full 90?

I am an admirer.  Shuggie Murray was another player I loved watching but there were times his "engine" needed a rest. 

17 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Where is this coming from ? Rather than get into a game of table tennis regarding the utter shambles created by Stubbs I will say Oran will be given time and will still be our manager if we go back down to the championship if he so wishes. Nothing is lost at this time however firmly believe we will find our rhythm picking up points along the way then come the January window we will grow in strength. This of course is my humble opinion. 

17 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Just a wee reminder , the Majority of Stubbs signings played the full match for the reserves today and got well and truly skelped . This , apart from any other behind the scenes issues tells you all you need to know about the man and why ( one of the reasons ) he got sacked .

This.

Player recruitment was shocking and he deserved to go for that alone. However that was not the main reason and he would have gone sooner if some had had their way.  St Mirren in fact backed him against their better judgement which was the second mistake after appointing him.

4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

It was glaringly obvious that Murray (DEAFENING ALARM BELLS) especially, and Craig to a lesser degree, were not capable of doing the job for us - I would have sacked Murray a whole lot sooner as it was getting worse every week (I was 1 of the 1st on here screaming for it - and got pelters from folk who wanted to give him more time). (How's his career going now? I think it will be a long time before Stubbs gets another gig too with less than 3 months in post in his last 2 gigs) {Lennon, I feel was harshly treated - e.g.  every year his highest paid players or best players were removed from his squads}

Stubbs, had no clue in building a squad with the necessary capability for this league - He therefore weakened what we started with... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that he was taking us for the train wreck... thankfully the BOD acted swiftly... it has put us on the back foot, but let's see what Oran can do. If we had waited until Nov, he'd be starting too late to have adequate time to assess and plan recruitment in my opinion - but either way, why put off and give him less time?

I know JR similarly did not have long to re-jig the squad, but it was a league down from this one and due to Stubbs, a chunk of the finance is already tied up with guys who might just sit around and take their pay from us without having any chance of contributing. (To some extend JR had this too)

When it comes to football management Murray was a DUD - Stubbs is an stubborn and incapable ASS

I'm sure you were :rolleyes: however we waited until December (giving the new manager time before the January window opened ) before changing the manager and stayed up - it still seems like the correct process to me.

Like I said unless there was an early get out clause that made it beneficial to sack Stubbs early I'd have given him a similar amount of time to Murray.

PS - Glad to see you're on first name terms with Oran! :lol: 

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Where is this coming from ? Rather than get into a game of table tennis regarding the utter shambles created by Stubbs I will say Oran will be given time and will still be our manager if we go back down to the championship if he so wishes. Nothing is lost at this time however firmly believe we will find our rhythm picking up points along the way then come the January window we will grow in strength. This of course is my humble opinion. 

Nothing was lost by the end of August.

I agree with you on one count - it will be difficult to justify sacking OK even if results don't improve and we are relegated, another reason I think sacking Stubbsy was premature.

Edited by Bud the Baker

TransferMarket shows which players are out of contract,  since when,  their age,  their playing position,  nationality,  height and playing record.  Tools like these and contact with agents will surely allow us to add to our squad but I like the proviso that OK has put on any incoming players fitness and the trial basis approach.  I noticed that Steven Gerrard has said that "every player" at his Club is available for sale.  No different here except for the money we might receive / or not if we move people out,  but movement there will be.  This needs to be OK's squad. 

18 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Nothing was lost by the end of August.

And like the Rae sacking, nothing was lost then either. This board in two short years have the title of wobblers...

remember we used to look at other 'sacking clubs' and ask how the hell they ever expected to get consistency..? Well thats how everyone looks at us now. As i said elsewhere, i really fear for Oran, especially if he's a greed to a swift/cheap termination clause. Will this board give him to January if we continue in thevsame vein???