First Team Squad

14 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Hi LP,  I agree that we have made little progress since last year in attempting to compete against Aberdeen.

The Hamilton game, we were a bit naïve and they play every week on that artificial surface. They are also the kind of team we have been finding difficult - physical... but I think playing them at home next time it will be markedly different - we will see.

The issue(s) we are speaking about are 2 fold,

(a) last years squad was not good enough for the Premiership.

(b) Our squad already lost some good players but Stubbs managed to make our squad weaker by signing guys who were not good enough.

I suspect we can agree on this (QP, Spartans and the recent reserve game with most of his duds would be my evidence for that - Your honour)

Oran already has been signing people of a whole different calibre to Stubbs signing. That was what was needed when Ross left - between 6 - 12 better players than we had already.. but Stubbs managed to bring disruption internally too. So no guarantee that everything behind the scenes is bright and rosy yet. 

With injuries and players we will try to offload and loan out. I suspect we will get at least 4 good players in in January. In the meantime, we need to man up, begin games much more strongly and work our socks off for points to keep us alive and kicking.

This was always going to be a major step up, and we never do things the easy way. Survive this season, then build for further improvements - this is our hope?

Indeed!

whatever comes our way for the remainder of this season? Two things i think we all need to adopt.

1. No matter how many times you say "Ross's Champs, or Stubbzo's Duds" it wont win us a single point!

2. Oran needs time and patience. He will i am sure start to try out some of the young guys Stubbs signed in an effort to establish if they are capable, given the right format and support. They the youngsters, and Oran need our support here! He can only play the hand he has been dealt. And from now onwards all players in the squad should be referred to as Oran's until such time as they are not.

slagging any of his picks off, is slagging him off. It wont help Oran, the players or Us win one single point!

20 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

The first sentence is key. We are saying the same thing there..more often than not he has played less than the full 90 minutes. 

Was great at Championship level but may not have the engine needed to play full games at this level. Said before that Shuggie Murray (one of my favourite Saints Players) had a similar issue but worked through it. 

Rested /dropped...same ending point. He was on the bench and came on.

That is 100% down to fitness alone and can / should be worked upon by the player and the club. If any player is not professional enough to get fit enough to last 90 mins then they should not be playing at that level.  Stamina and fitness are not naturally occurring they require hard work and dedication from the player plus an adequate regime put in place by the club. Totally no excuse for not being able to last 90 mins in the modern game.

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

That is 100% down to fitness alone and can / should be worked upon by the player and the club. If any player is not professional enough to get fit enough to last 90 mins then they should not be playing at that level.  Stamina and fitness are not naturally occurring they require hard work and dedication from the player plus an adequate regime put in place by the club. Totally no excuse for not being able to last 90 mins in the modern game.

You are correct.  This level requires more from everybody, particularly on fitness and stamina.  The manager sees the work rate of players on a day to day basis.  Just having the skills or the pace is a good start but they are not the whole deal.  Some of our work rate in midfield in particular has fallen below those of the opposition and left the back line exposed whilst also making fewer chances up front.  Saying this is not meant to criticise any individual. It's just a challenge we have to meet IMO. 

23 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

The first sentence is key. We are saying the same thing there..more often than not he has played less than the full 90 minutes. 

Was great at Championship level but may not have the engine needed to play full games at this level. Said before that Shuggie Murray (one of my favourite Saints Players) had a similar issue but worked through it. 

Rested /dropped...same ending point. He was on the bench and came on.

With Shuggie, anytime he was benched for a bit, he always came back stronger when returned to the Starting XI.

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Indeed!

whatever comes our way for the remainder of this season? Two things i think we all need to adopt.

1. No matter how many times you say "Ross's Champs, or Stubbzo's Duds" it wont win us a single point!

2. Oran needs time and patience. He will i am sure start to try out some of the young guys Stubbs signed in an effort to establish if they are capable, given the right format and support. They the youngsters, and Oran need our support here! He can only play the hand he has been dealt. And from now onwards all players in the squad should be referred to as Oran's until such time as they are not.

slagging any of his picks off, is slagging him off. It wont help Oran, the players or Us win one single point!

I fully appreciate where you are coming from - I guess folk tend to label things to support their arguments and that these labels can be unhelpful going forwards... time will tell who gets a chance and who will be off... football is a dog eat dog business.

Again more nonsense. He made a point on BV not a question. You can clearly see that in his wording. 
You saying troll doesn't make it so, you get that right? You being a troll makes it so though. 

Again, more nonsense.

He said he didn’t know. You can clearly see his wording.

You saying troll doesn’t make it so, you clearly don’t get that, right?

You being a troll makes it so though.

So what positions are the priorities for the January Window (or before if there is some superstar out of contract who wants to become a Saints Legend)  :-

Quality needed at :-

1. Left Back

2. Defensive Midfielder  (I know we have loads of midfielders - but we need to get better than what we have now)

3. Creative goal scoring midfielder 

4. Another striker who will bang in double figures in 1/2 a season to partner Jackson.

On 10/13/2018 at 1:35 PM, Wendy Saintss said:

Again, more nonsense.

He said he didn’t know. You can clearly see his wording.

You saying troll doesn’t make it so, you clearly don’t get that, right?

You being a troll makes it so though.

Really scrambled for a come-back eh? Not much of a surprise too be fair.  

On Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 1:44 PM, Sweeper07 said:

So what positions are the priorities for the January Window (or before if there is some superstar out of contract who wants to become a Saints Legend)  :-

Quality needed at :-

1. Left Back

2. Defensive Midfielder  (I know we have loads of midfielders - but we need to get better than what we have now)

3. Creative goal scoring midfielder 

4. Another striker who will bang in double figures in 1/2 a season to partner Jackson.

I go with 2, 3 and 4.

On 10/13/2018 at 1:44 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Quality needed at

Wishful thinking here tbh. Anyone known to manage that will end up at a better club than us. We would have to unearth a gem to manage this.

I'm sure only Sutton, Higdon and Thompson managed double figures for us in the SPL in one season. Possibly Dorman? Point is these guys aren't easy to find.

22 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Wishful thinking here tbh. Anyone known to manage that will end up at a better club than us. We would have to unearth a gem to manage this.

I'm sure only Sutton, Higdon and Thompson managed double figures for us in the SPL in one season. Possibly Dorman? Point is these guys aren't easy to find.

These guys are not easy to find - correct...   The point is it is possible even if it is not easy.  Look at Florian Kamberi who no one in Scotland had even heard of, who appeared at Hibs last Jan and scored 9 goals in 14 appearances - not sure what Goncalves record was when he became a Saint - but it is someone with ability and goals/assists that we badly need....

It may be wishful thinking - but it is that kind of gem that we need to unearth....

6 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I go with 2, 3 and 4.

You don't think we need a better Left Back? (Or do you believe Eckers is going to be fit often enough and good enough at this level?)

I think Paul McGinn and Hodson are OK for this level, but both play better as Right Backs.

A classy, solid defender with  a menacing goal scoring ability at LB, and who can hit great crosses and passes would improve us greatly..

There must be someone who is not being guaranteed games at a big club who could come to us on loan and become a Saints superstar?

Am I bad for dreaming positives?

14 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

These guys are not easy to find - correct...   The point is it is possible even if it is not easy.  Look at Florian Kamberi who no one in Scotland had even heard of, who appeared at Hibs last Jan and scored 9 goals in 14 appearances - not sure what Goncalves record was when he became a Saint - but it is someone with ability and goals/assists that we badly need....

It may be wishful thinking - but it is that kind of gem that we need to unearth....

Hibs have paid a six figure fee for Kamberi  !

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Hibs have paid a six figure fee for Kamberi  !

Aye, but they had him on loan at first - that is when he banged in 9 in 14 appearances.

Rumour was his contract had a 100,000 (euros or pounds sterling) buy out clause in the loan deal... and Hibs took it up..

I am sure Saints could pay £100,000 for a player like Him and it would be money well spent.  He will probably leave Hibs for big money next year too... that is the kind of deal we need to help us to progress... someone who contributes well right away and who moves on for a tidy profit to help fund one of our next gems.. (no problem with them coming up through the club either - but both is best)

5 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Aye, but they had him on loan at first - that is when he banged in 9 in 14 appearances.

Rumour was his contract had a 100,000 (euros or pounds sterling) buy out clause in the loan deal... and Hibs took it up..

I am sure Saints could pay £100,000 for a player like Him and it would be money well spent.  He will probably leave Hibs for big money next year too... that is the kind of deal we need to help us to progress... someone who contributes well right away and who moves on for a tidy profit to help fund one of our next gems.. (no problem with them coming up through the club either - but both is best)

Do you honestly believe we will be forking out six figure transfer fees for players in January. Not a chance even if we could persuade a player to sign for a team embroiled in a relegation struggle. Get real, it will be loans and freebie cast offs as usual.

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Can you point out the post where he replies to a physio or doctor?

You’d know all about being a troll mind you.

Mullen has a "Broken Hand" and will be out for a few good weeks..?

if its the latter.. Hmmm? Most players play with a light cast/banadge with a hand/face injury!

As usual, our good friend LPM (much like yourself) automatically has to elude to the most negative outlook  in any given SMFC conversation. I n this case, that the injury isn't serious/ real and he should be playing. 

I've been talking about LPM hinting as above that he knows more that medical professionals.  Chosen to ignore your nonsense spin about him replying to doctors. 

Mullen has a "Broken Hand" and will be out for a few good weeks..?

if its the latter.. Hmmm? Most players play with a light cast/banadge with a hand/face injury!

As usual, our good friend LPM (much like yourself) automatically has to elude to the most negative outlook  in any given SMFC conversation. I n this case, that the injury isn't serious/ real and he should be playing. 

I've been talking about LPM hinting as above that he knows more that medical professionals.  Chosen to ignore your nonsense spin about him replying to doctors. 

In other words, you’re wrong.

Again!

14 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

In other words, you’re wrong.

Again!

Only if we take your twisting of what I've said as the starting point, which obviously we won't be doing.

As with the vast majority of your posts, it's more trolling. You really are a bit of a one trick pony. 

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:36 PM, Ayrshire Saints said:

Do you honestly believe we will be forking out six figure transfer fees for players in January. Not a chance even if we could persuade a player to sign for a team embroiled in a relegation struggle. Get real, it will be loans and freebie cast offs as usual.

You don't half jump to wrong conclusions and assumptions....

I used Kamberi as an example of what would be great for us... He was a loan deal (which you seemed to not know when you 1st responded to my earlier post) but as an astute part of that contract Hibs could buy him for an pre-determined price - which was supposed to be around the £100,000 (or euros).. If we managed to get a goal scorer in on loan with a similar deal - do you think we would not find or have the funds to sign someone with that kind of record 9 goals in the Premiership in 14 games - it was a no brainer and it would be for us too - the money we got from McGinn - 1/9 th of it for a guy who is certain to be worth 5 or 6 times that when he moves on 1 1/2 to 2 years later...

Kamberi was unheard of in Scotland and obviously not captured by other clubs at the time - He came for a few months, but showed what he was capable off and took his chance.

It seems like you think I am mad to hope that we could get that lucky or sign someone who performed so well - why not - it is very difficult - but am I bad for hoping we manage to get a gem in a similar way to the example I have given...

75,000 for Heaton - 100,000 for Kamberi   - you think we would not jump at a deal like that if it presented itself to us?

No problem for me if you don't - I however, think it would be a no brainer...

Edited by Sweeper07

Just now, the barrhead teacher said:

Brocks madsen sent back to Birmingham after unimpressive loan period. OK continues the clear out of duffers as transfer window approaches. Note McCann got boot from Dundee so this could be an additional worry for us.

Dinnae fret about Dundee.

Stubbs is favourite to take over.