First Team Squad

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Thanks M

I get all that, but UEFA stopped one place due to the fact that we are so crap at winning Euro ties, so it was actually originally an UEFA directive which is then passed on to our stupid SFA who then made the cup into a Diddy one.......................

Scotland has as many clubs in Europe now as we did during most of the time when the League Cup winners received European entry!

It was the clubs in Scotland who decided to do away with it. It rarely happened anyway as the League Cup winners virtually always qualified for Europe anyway via the League or winning the Scottish Cup. This change perevnts a "diddy" team qualifying for Europe via a flukey cup win over a higher placed league side.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

You don't get a European place if you win the stupid thing

So what. 

An Open Top Bus Parade is all we need. 

At the final whistle I didn't notice any Buddie immediately leaving Hampden cursing that there was no Europa League place available. 

Edited by shull

18 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Scotland has as many clubs in Europe now as we did during most of the time when the League Cup winners received European entry!

It was the clubs in Scotland who decided to do away with it. It rarely happened anyway as the League Cup winners virtually always qualified for Europe anyway via the League or winning the Scottish Cup. This change perevnts a "diddy" team qualifying for Europe via a flukey cup win over a higher placed league side.

Rubbish !!

Now youre just making it up

This privilege has since been discontinued due to the reduction in the number of European places granted to Scottish clubs.

12 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Rubbish !!

Now youre just making it up

This privilege has since been discontinued due to the reduction in the number of European places granted to Scottish clubs.

Deary me!

Scotland currently has 4 clubs in Europe. We only had 4 clubs in Europe up until 82/83.... when winning the League Cup still carried the prize of European qualification!

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Deary me!

Scotland currently has 4 clubs in Europe. We only had 4 clubs in Europe up until 82/83.... when winning the League Cup still carried the prize of European qualification!

See the underlined bit on my last post, that was a UEFA statement..................... that I copied and pasted

Take it up with them

Oh joys- Another stubborn member :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Sonny said:

Give me an experienced good player any day over an inexperienced good player.

If we were offered Ronaldo at 33 or Mbappe at 19, which one would you choose?

Note to world: St Mirren FC have not been offered the services of either Cristiano Ronaldo or Kylian Mbappe, so please, don’t go onto Pie & Bovril and post ‘some bloke apparently ITK on B&W Army says we had a chance of landing Ronaldo before Juventus swooped’.

Thank you world.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

See the underlined bit on my last post, that was a UEFA statement..................... that I copied and pasted

Take it up with them

Oh joys- Another stubborn member :rolleyes:

No it isn't!

Its merely a line you have copied and pasted from Wikipedia!

I'll take it up with you as you are the one who copied and pasted the irrelevant line and then attributed it to an organisation which has nothing to do with it!

Just now, Wendy Saintss said:

No it isn't!

Its merely a line you have copied and pasted from Wikipedia!

I'll take it up with you as you are the one who copied and pasted the irrelevant line and then attributed it to an organisation which has nothing to do with it!

47 posts in, and about 35 have been argumentative....................... whatever, if it keeps u happy :byebye 

23 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

47 posts in, and about 35 have been argumentative....................... whatever, if it keeps u happy :byebye 

10 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

There isn't any argument!

I'm merely pointing out that what you are saying is wrong!

If making stuff up keeps you happy then so be it. :byebye

At least the both of yous are happy.  :thumbsup

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

If we were offered Ronaldo at 33 or Mbappe at 19, which one would you choose?

Note to world: St Mirren FC have not been offered the services of either Cristiano Ronaldo or Kylian Mbappe, so please, don’t go onto Pie & Bovril and post ‘some bloke apparently ITK on B&W Army says we had a chance of landing Ronaldo before Juventus swooped’.

Thank you world.

Poz.........In the world of pure imagination,  I would take Mbappe

If its getting weary for you then just don't reply!
All players have some experience before they play for St. Mirren based on your Mark Fulton example!
Yeh, Peter Weir was literally a one-off. Apart from Frank McAvennie.
Your last sentence is both obvious and irrelevant! They were both instantly better than the more experienced players that they replaced!  
Not that long ago Sean Kelly came from our development team and better than Hearts favourite Danny Grainger.

7 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

The list of players in and out to date shows 6 in and 14 out.  My best guess is that most of us would agree with at least 7 of these and realise that we had no choice other than to allow the 3 loanees to return to their parent club and both Sutton and Donati to retire.  Given also that Davis rejected our offer that seems to leave only perhaps Reilly and Stellios to debate.  Leaves money in the budget for more players to come in who will be,  I hope,  better than those we let go. 

IMG_20180711_101434.jpg

Ross Stewart GK has now left. 

Danny Rodgers GK has now joined.