First Team Squad

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

We stayed up by the skin of our teeth by getting a very good result on the last game of the season that KEPT US UP on goal difference alone..

It was touch and go...  Why risk that? By giving a failing regime more time - I don't think so....

This league is higher and planning and signing players for this level is not easier for us...

Like you said - you don't know about any clauses in Stubbs contract - it did not matter - He had to go - he was Pi*h  - Look at his diddies who played in the reserve league and got cuffed 3  v 0  - but you would have stuck by him - no chance we would be on 4 points and he would be planning to offload our better players in January...

As opposed to the other diddies who have been cuffed by Hamilton & Aberdeen?

25 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Is that Brock-Madsen and him will be out for a few good weeks?

or

Mullen has a "Broken Hand" and will be out for a few good weeks..?

if its the latter.. Hmmm? Most players play with a light cast/banadge with a hand/face injury!

So it’s a lot of crap ? Thanks for correcting me. 

43 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

So it’s a lot of crap ? Thanks for correcting me. 

Touchy, touchy...

hadnt seen any buddievision interviews, dont fancy paying out more, for info that should be readily available to fans paying their way into games. Your post wasnt very clear (Brocken Hand). Just having a play with words.

usually though players get a light protective support on a hand/wrist injury and press on. I think Gary Lineker famously pioneered it years ago. Why is Mullen's not right for this? Is his arm broken?

Your having a nightmare buddy best to just go back under that rock you crawled out of.

First you try to make a point about Mullen totally unaware he’s actually injured then when others point that out you try to make out it’s lies and thatOK has just dropped him completely using his injury as an excuse[emoji23][emoji23].

Now your trying to compare st Johnstone reserves to Hamilton and Aberdeen first team.

3 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Your having a nightmare buddy best to just go back under that rock you crawled out of.

First you try to make a point about Mullen totally unaware he’s actually injured then when others point that out you try to make out it’s lies and thatOK has just dropped him completely using his injury as an excuseemoji23.pngemoji23.png.

Now your trying to compare st Johnstone reserves to Hamilton and Aberdeen first team.

Guff... if the club insist on asking for money to get injury neews then there's potentially the majority of fans unaware of exactly who is injured and how. 

And players all,over the world play on with light protection for hand/wrist injuries. I am asking 'why not Mullen'..? Your nightmare is continually demonstrating you havent got a clue why, but you hope deflecting with  your usual guff will make you look right.

it appears no one here actually knows the detail on his injury. 

Guff... if the club insist on asking for money to get injury neews then there's potentially the majority of fans unaware of exactly who is injured and how. 
And players all,over the world play on with light protection for hand/wrist injuries. I am asking 'why not Mullen'..? Your nightmare is continually demonstrating you havent got a clue why, but you hope deflecting with  your usual guff will make you look right.
it appears no one here actually knows the detail on his injury. 

Been pointed out on other social media been mentioned on this forum also that he was out of the hibs game due to broken wrist instead you decide just to come to your own little made up story that he’s just been dropped for no reason rather than thinking oh he might actually have an injury.

I’m no doctor but I think they, Danny Mullen and st Mirren staff are better to be able to judge if he can play with his injury not you or me makes no difference if other players have played on with a bandage before.

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

Been pointed out on other social media been mentioned on this forum also that he was out of the hibs game due to broken wrist instead you decide just to come to your own little made up story that he’s just been dropped for no reason rather than thinking oh he might actually have an injury.

I’m no doctor but I think they, Danny Mullen and st Mirren staff are better to be able to judge if he can play with his injury not you or me makes no difference if other players have played on with a bandage before.

Like i said, and you ignored, i hadnt seen anything from the club regards his injury (dont subscribe to buddievision). And keep this under your hat..! Not everything people post on here is actually true...! Yeah i know... shocker!

i didnt claim anything, i simply pointed out how many footballers play with a light protection with similar injuries. Sorry if thats pissed over your conspiracy theories.

on a different note, if Hammill's shoulder/arm injury keeps him out for a couple of weeks then Mullen should be back in playing just behind Jackson. Much better role for him than trying to lead the line.

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

We stayed up by the skin of our teeth by getting a very good result on the last game of the season that KEPT US UP on goal difference alone..

It was touch and go...  Why risk that? By giving a failing regime more time - I don't think so....

This league is higher and planning and signing players for this level is not easier for us...

Like you said - you don't know about any clauses in Stubbs contract - it did not matter - He had to go - he was Pi*h  - Look at his diddies who played in the reserve league and got cuffed 3  v 0  - but you would have stuck by him - no chance we would be on 4 points and he would be planning to offload our better players in January...

Read the thread carefully, once again you're confusing the Murray/Rae and Rae/Ross changeovers, I'm talking about managers appointed in the close season comparing Murray with Stubbs. 

Your last "sentence" says it all - mind already made up no matter what, a bit of abuse and disregarding that I was advocating making a decision before the next transfer window opens.

My final word on the matter is that it's plain to see why our "better players" (Izzycrocked McGinn & Zeroleaugegoals Smith :toilet ) wanted to offload Stubbs first.

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Touchy, touchy...

hadnt seen any buddievision interviews, dont fancy paying out more, for info that should be readily available to fans paying their way into games. Your post wasnt very clear (Brocken Hand). Just having a play with words.

usually though players get a light protective support on a hand/wrist injury and press on. I think Gary Lineker famously pioneered it years ago. Why is Mullen's not right for this? Is his arm broken?

All Oran videos are available for free on YouTube under StmirrenFootballClub.   

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Read the thread carefully, once again you're confusing Murray/Rae and Rae/Ross changeovers, I'm talking about managers appointed in the close season comparing Murray with Stubbs. 

Your last "sentence" says it all - mind already made up no matter what, a bit of abuse and disregarding that I was advocating making a decision before the next transfer window opens.

My final word on the matter is that it's plain to see why our "better players" (Izzycrocked McGinn & Zeroleaugegoals Smith :toilet ) wanted to offload Stubbs first.

Without singling out any player,  nothing good comes out of player revolt. Again..We are where we are. OK is the manager. It's his job to work with what he has until an opportunity to improve the squad comes along. From the little I have seen (missed the Aberdeen League game) Ferdinand and Jackson look to be good additions to the squad. Changes will be made to the squad to both reduce its numbers and improve its quality. Part and parcel of the tough "sport" that professional football is. Every player has to play for their place or be left out or shipped out.  It's unforgiving.

Edited by St.Ricky

i didnt claim anything, i simply pointed out how many footballers play with a light protection with similar injuries. Sorry if thats pissed over your conspiracy theories.

Like I said been mention on other social media and websites not only this site. I personally heard it in the 1877 bar from Danny’s own mouth as he was reading out the teams for the hibs game.

“intresting that Oran has dropped Mullen, and Smith”

That’s was in one of your previous post so much for not claiming anything

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Is that Brock-Madsen and him will be out for a few good weeks?

or

Mullen has a "Broken Hand" and will be out for a few good weeks..?

if its the latter.. Hmmm? Most players play with a light cast/banadge with a hand/face injury!

Not within a couple weeks of breaking the bloody thing :lol:

Why should this be ridiculous?  How many full games has he played this season? 

He’s been subbed in most of them for a start!

We don’t play in Europe, he’s not an internationalist, it’s October, there’s a break this weekend, he’s supposedly one of our best players, etc.

There’s a host of reasons why you’re being ridiculous.

He was dropped.

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

Like I said been mention on other social media and websites not only this site. I personally heard it in the 1877 bar from Danny’s own mouth as he was reading out the teams for the hibs game.

“intresting that Oran has dropped Mullen, and Smith”

That’s was in one of your previous post so much for not claiming anything

You're right... i did claim i hadnt heard anything from an official club source. Now i also know that theres no point paying for buddievision as it all apparently ends up on youtube anyway... result kerching...!

so you are confirming he has dropped Smith, or did he tell you over a pie in the 1877 club its all a mad conspiracy.? 

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yes, otherwise why would you need the protection? Doh..!

You're of course right, Saturday football is full of players walking out the A&E onto the field. 'Just slap a wee plaster on your double fracture, good as gold' Nonsense. :lol:

LPM now knows more about player injuries than our management and physios, wow

45 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

He’s been subbed in most of them for a start!

We don’t play in Europe, he’s not an internationalist, it’s October, there’s a break this weekend, he’s supposedly one of our best players, etc.

There’s a host of reasons why you’re being ridiculous.

He was dropped.

The first sentence is key. We are saying the same thing there..more often than not he has played less than the full 90 minutes. 

Was great at Championship level but may not have the engine needed to play full games at this level. Said before that Shuggie Murray (one of my favourite Saints Players) had a similar issue but worked through it. 

Rested /dropped...same ending point. He was on the bench and came on.

14 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

How can he be spinning if he’s already admitted that he doesn’t know?

:1eye

Troll away as usual!

Again more nonsense. He made a point on BV not a question. You can clearly see that in his wording. 

You saying troll doesn't make it so, you get that right? You being a troll makes it so though. 

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Hi LP,  I agree that we have made little progress since last year in attempting to compete against Aberdeen.

The Hamilton game, we were a bit naïve and they play every week on that artificial surface. They are also the kind of team we have been finding difficult - physical... but I think playing them at home next time it will be markedly different - we will see.

The issue(s) we are speaking about are 2 fold,

(a) last years squad was not good enough for the Premiership.

(b) Our squad already lost some good players but Stubbs managed to make our squad weaker by signing guys who were not good enough.

I suspect we can agree on this (QP, Spartans and the recent reserve game with most of his duds would be my evidence for that - Your honour)

Oran already has been signing people of a whole different calibre to Stubbs signing. That was what was needed when Ross left - between 6 - 12 better players than we had already.. but Stubbs managed to bring disruption internally too. So no guarantee that everything behind the scenes is bright and rosy yet. 

With injuries and players we will try to offload and loan out. I suspect we will get at least 4 good players in in January. In the meantime, we need to man up, begin games much more strongly and work our socks off for points to keep us alive and kicking.

This was always going to be a major step up, and we never do things the easy way. Survive this season, then build for further improvements - this is our hope?