First Team Squad

On 7/10/2018 at 10:15 AM, Buddie Marvelous said:
  On 6/24/2018 at 10:54 AM, Buddie Marvelous said:

What we have so far....              https://www.stmirren.com/teams/first-team/first-team-squad

DEFENDERS....                                                                          MIDFIELD.....                                                           FORWARDS......                                                                GOALKEEPERS.........

Jack Baird                                                                                    Jeff King                                                                     Cody Cooke                                                                        Craig Samson

Adam Eckersley*                                                                     Ryan Flynn                                                            Myles Hippolyte                                                                    Danny Rogers

Gary McKenzie*                                                                     James Kererman                                                    Danny Mullen                                                                        

Paul McGinn                                                                              Jordan Kirkpatrick                                               Cammy Smith        

Josh Heaton                                                                              Kyle Magennis                                                        Ross Stewart

Ben Cameron                                                                           Stephen McGinn                          

Hayden Coulson                                                                     Ian McShane*

Ethan Erhahon 

Conor O'Keefe

Shaping up....

4 hours ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Shaping up....

True but I reckon of that, Eckersley, McShane, MacKenzie, Kirkpatrick, Ross Stewart and possibly even Hippolyte could all potentially end up out in this window.

Add to that Erhahon, O'Keefe and Cameron will probably be very limited in terms of chances.

That will leave us needing another 5 or so even after the two coming in this week. (Presumably Kpewkawa and Armstrong?)

Going from Stubbs' interview today where he said that the squad is 'beginning to take shape', he's not really close to being done yet.

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

True but I reckon of that, Eckersley, McShane, MacKenzie, Kirkpatrick, Ross Stewart and possibly even Hippolyte could all potentially end up out in this window.

Add to that Erhahon, O'Keefe and Cameron will probably be very limited in terms of chances.

That will leave us needing another 5 or so even after the two coming in this week. (Presumably Kpewkawa and Armstrong?)

Going from Stubbs' interview today where he said that the squad is 'beginning to take shape', he's not really close to being done yet.

With regards to your last sentence, well he's leaving it a bit late then. Nowt like giving new players time to gel.

1 hour ago, Jack the lad said:

With regards to your last sentence, well he's leaving it a bit late then. Nowt like giving new players time to gel.

Would rather get who Stubbs wants the league opener is still a few weeks away until then we have the early bird cup to play giving players time to gel so not all bad. 

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I would add Mullen to that list, with the likes of Alloa, Ton or the rock being the beneficiaries.

11 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

I would add Mullen to that list, with the likes of Alloa, Ton or the rock being the beneficiaries.

Mullen is under contract. Do you expect him to take a pay cut and drop up to 2 divisions? Whether AS rates him remains to be seen but for now he is under contract and a chance to play at the top table.

13 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Think he might fancy Hippolyte , as he has a decent throw on him , likewise I think he might persevere with Mullen too as he has a decent attitude and  work rate , interesting to see who starts , who,s on the bench , and who,s not rated , come Friday.

3 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Bit on Alloa Pie and Bovril page suggesting Stewart to the Jags

I believe Stewart has been offered a contract extension by us but has not signed it , with Thistle interested !

At this moment in time the squad is light. It’s down from last season. IMO it is a weaker squad from last season currently.

I believe some fans are pessimistic due to this very reason. That is not to say we won’t make some fantastic signings over the coming weeks and that the boys we have already signed won’t be fantastic.

Time will tell.

Looking forward to watching us a n TV if I can get a boozer in Lanzarote to show it.

13 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Think he might fancy Hippolyte , as he has a decent throw on him , likewise I think he might persevere with Mullen too as he has a decent attitude and  work rate , interesting to see who starts , who,s on the bench , and who,s not rated , come Friday.

I'm sure he does fancy Hippolyte , having seen him at close quarters in season 2015/16 when Falkirk gave Hibs a run for their money , beat them in the play-offs I think ? 

20 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Bit on Alloa Pie and Bovril page suggesting Stewart to the Jags

15 minutes ago, billyg said:

I believe Stewart has been offered a contract extension by us but has not signed it , with Thistle interested !

Put him out on loan to Jags might suit both parties.

1 hour ago, Dave The Buddie said:

At this moment in time the squad is light. It’s down from last season. IMO it is a weaker squad from last season 

Looking forward to watching us a n TV if I can get a boozer in Lanzarote to show it.

If your in Puerto del Carmen , try Bluebells . Its a Sevco pub , but relatively quiet , I'm sure you,all get to watch the game no problem

Would I be correct in thinking that we currently have only one right back at the club in Paul McGinn?

If so, we should expect to see another join soon (Liam Smith please, though I fear that ship has probably sailed).

39 minutes ago, Drew said:

Would I be correct in thinking that we currently have only one right back at the club in Paul McGinn?

If so, we should expect to see another join soon (Liam Smith please, though I fear that ship has probably sailed).

Liam Smith would be the outstanding signing so far for me if it was possible.  Unfortunately, it does look unlikely - also Paul doesn't seem to hang about if not first choice so rotation might be easier said than done.

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Might be looking at a guy that can play a couple of positions , say right wing / right back , hoping he,s got a few decent options in line for the " McGinn " money when it comes

IF.

4 hours ago, Jack the lad said:

Gary Mac just signed a contract extension, so you point is?

Gary Mac can sit on his contract just like any other player under contract. My point, if it wasn't clear enough, is why would any player give up top flight football to play for the likes of Dumbarton and for less money when they can sit tight  and fight for a place?

11 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Gary Mac can sit on his contract just like any other player under contract. My point, if it wasn't clear enough, is why would any player give up top flight football to play for the likes of Dumbarton and for less money when they can sit tight  and fight for a place?

I like big Gary Mac.  To answer your question. Like Alves at Rangers,  the club would need to buy out his contract.  The advantage for GM might then be the regular first team games argument. 

A Dunfermline fan now saying on P&B that they are apparently interested in Hippolyte. 

Again, I just get a feeling we wouldn't be too difficult to deal with in terms of Hippo. He was the 4th or 5th choice target in January (albeit under different leadership) and to be honest, it showed in how little football he played for us. 

Edited by djchapsticks