A new plea for help re my sons first match after the amazing help I received last year in January.

Good evening 

I’m so sorry to ask but I lost all contacts I had been given last January as I wanted to take my son on his first game and give him a really special day. I rang the club to see what packages I could sort for him only to be told there was nothing  they could do.

The help I got on here was amazing and I was put in touch with a few various people.

Things were all in place until I became seriously ill with a neurological condition which has now left me with epilepsy!

My family have been through hell this last year and a half and I so want my son Callum to get to his first game again with our family who have had a difficult time. 

I know this would mean so much to us and know the joy it would give my son! Myself and my wife are originally from Scotland and my wife is a massive Saints fan and has brought up our kids to follow st Mirren even living in England. 

Many other kids never had a clue at school what shirt my son was wearing for football training!

Anyway sorry to witter on and sorry to make this plea for help again after all the help last time! I only hope someone remembers me from last time. 

Many help we would be so grateful! Many thanks in advance.

Steven McGarry 

Edited by OorStevie247
Spelling

Thanks so very much Russell just looked it was Lynn at ticket office and Alan Wardrop. 

So will try and contact these 2.

Would love to get season tickets for me Callum and my other son on this early bird offer as looks good value and would be more than happy to travel to all the home games from where we live as my sons are dying to get to a match especially Callum who I let down last year. 

Hopefully Lynn and Alan remember me as they where gonna make a real fuss of him last time!

Thanks so very much again!!

Steven

3 minutes ago, OorStevie247 said:

Thanks so very much Russell just looked it was Lynn at ticket office and Alan Wardrop. 

Would love to get season tickets for me Callum and my other son on this early bird offer as looks good value and would be more than happy to travel to all the home games from where we live as my sons are dying to get to a match especially Callum who I let down last year. 

Hopefully Lynn and Alan remember me as they where gonna make a real fuss of him last time!

Steven

I hope the club sort you and your boy out, Stevie. Its what we would expect from our club, and I'm sure they'll work things out.

All the best.

Steven

Let us all know how you got on bud [emoji3]

21 minutes ago, Drew said:

I hope the club sort you and your boy out, Stevie. Its what we would expect from our club, and I'm sure they'll work things out.

All the best.

Thanks so much Drew.

Fingers crossed we can sort things out as he’s chomping at the bit! He was a very excited young man from afar last season. 

Its been great that despite those around him wearing the bigger teams shirts he still wears his Saints top proudly!! 

Edited by OorStevie247

On 6/26/2018 at 9:17 PM, OorStevie247 said:

Thanks mate, I’ll let you know.

Just to let you all know have tried this morning to ring Alan Wardrop and Lynn and have left voicemails for both. So I’m awaiting any updates. Many thanks again to everyone from last time and this time for your help!! 

Fingers crossed can sort all this out whilst the early bird offer is on the season tickets!

Hi all

Just to let you know disappointment for us so far! 

Had no reply from either of the people who contacted me last time to arrange things. 

So it now looks as if I’ve lost out on the eary bird season ticket price as well despite leaving voicemails at the ticket office as well.

After last year and the last 18 months myself and my family have been through due to my health it’s really disappointing that no one has been in touch. 

I was so impressed with all the help from yourselves(the fans) and the club in the end for the help we received last year however as I stated we couldn’t get to a match in the end due to my health. However on this occasion again you the fans have again been second to none! But the club this time haven’t been as helpful!

Thanks as always to everyone on here!! 

Edited by OorStevie247

6 minutes ago, OorStevie247 said:

Hi all

Had no reply from either of the people who contacted me last time to arrange things. 

So it now looks as if I’ve lost out on the eary bird season ticket price as well despite leaving voicemails at the ticket office as well.

After last year and the last 18 months myself and my family have been through due to my health it’s really disappointing that no one has been in touch. 

I was so impressed with all the help from yourselves(the fans) and the club in the end for the help we received last year however as I stated we couldn’t get to a match in the end due to my health. However on this occasion again you the fans have again been second to none! But the club this time haven’t been as helpful!

Get in touch with Tony Fitzpatrick by phoning the club. Tony is also on Twitter.  

5 minutes ago, OorStevie247 said:

Hi all

That's poor from the club.

To be honest, I've found it a bit hit and miss in terms the quality of PR over the years.

There isn't really any excuse for failing to respond to emails unless the folk in question are possibly on holiday, but it is easy enough to switch on the out of office message, so that seems unlikely.

32 minutes ago, OorStevie247 said:

I have to be honest, whilst it is bad form for the club to fail to respond to you I am extremely uncomfortable with this sentence here. It suggests that you feel entitled to something because of your ill health and that the club are somehow obliged to provide it which IMO they are not.

It would be better if you separated your request from the club and your ill-health.

As I say, your sentence left me feeling uncomfortable,

First of all thank you one and all for your responses I’m sorry if I’ve in anyway given you any cause to doubt my posts. I will now cease to post on this but wish to just answer your queries first. 

Regards my health. I brought this up not for sympathy as I’ve never sought any help or hand outs during the last 18 months. It was only included to explain why the offer I was made last year to give my son a memorable first game we were never able to attend due to me becoming ill. Which I’ve felt very guilty about as he was so excited. 

Regards the contact I’ve never attempted to email I’ve only ever left voicemails as no answer. So thanks for your advice re emailing Lynn instead. 

Regards the doubts re me getting a season ticket. The price and then getting 2 children tickets made it affordable doing it on a monthly plan to pick and choose home games throughout the season. As my wife has family in Paisley who also sometimes attend games so we would also have somewhere to stay. 

Anyway I again apologise if in anyway I’ve given reason to doubt me and I’ve never wanted hand outs I simply wanted to enquire if the offer I was made for my son last year could be done again. As I said it was my fault my son missed out due to my health, and again I’m not mentioning my health to gain any hand outs or sympathy it was simply used to explain why we never attended last year! 

Once again thank you for everyone’s input and all the very best to you all!!

Stevie

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I have to be honest, whilst it is bad form for the club to fail to respond to you I am extremely uncomfortable with this sentence here. It suggests that you feel entitled to something because of your ill health and that the club are somehow obliged to provide it which IMO they are not.

It would be better if you separated your request from the club and your ill-health.

Ffs. 

16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Back under the stone with you.

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

A real lack of common sense from the scientist though that should not come as a surprise. 

After your idiotic posts on the thread about that 6 year old I think you should keep your opinions to yourself. :lol: