Smells Of Summer

MWISAINT71

Just been outside on a break from my work and there are boys fixing holes in the road and the smell of tar in this roastin hot sun takes me back to when I was a wean playing with tar with ice lolley sticks.

Any other reminders of smells of summer? # Me & Mathew..... Martin Stephenson & The Daintees

Don't know how to Stick a Ya Tube clip on Sorry

1 hour ago, MWISAINT71 said:

Just been outside on a break from my work and there are boys fixing holes in the road and the smell of tar in this roastin hot sun takes me back to when I was a wean playing with tar with ice lolley sticks.

Any other reminders of smells of summer? # Me & Mathew..... Martin Stephenson & The Daintees

Smells of Summer...

recollecting for an old friend of mine.... he still cant get out of his head that certain "day four Music festival smell" of going down on a rather racey off duty WPC. 

I bet Al Pacino in his "scent of a woman" movie would have thought he was passing Arbroath if he'd caught a whiff of that!

2 hours ago, MWISAINT71 said:

the smell of two stroke from the genny on a Mr Whippy van.

When some cnut three doors down from you fires up his BBQ and he’s sizzling steak, sausage and chicken....while you’ve got a tin of Heinz tomato soup and the last dregs of a bag of oven chips, until you get down to the shops. You get down to the shops, and buy BBQ coals, all the grub, then the weather turns and it starts pissing down, so you just cook it indoors.

That’s summer.

25 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

We've got another 2 weeks of weather with temps of 23C and upwards.

Temperatures in Glasgow today hit 92.5F. It isn’t a record for the city, it was way hotter than that in the School of Art a fortnight ago.

Free Ice Lollies at work today :clapping, it was 36.5C at my workstation which is OK in shorts but not in the PPE I have to wear. 

Anyway to the point - by the end of my 12 hour shift I was pretty smelly!   :spud2

Before posting this I had a shower. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

10 hours ago, MWISAINT71 said:

When I was a kid the tar used to melt , some kids wrote their names in the pavement and you would sometimes see a ladies stilettos sink into tar. .don't see tar melting now. .

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Temperatures in Glasgow today hit 92.5F. It isn’t a record for the city, it was way hotter than that in the School of Art a fortnight ago.

33.6c in new money , that's mediterranean weather. I was in Gourock this morning and it was flat calm in the Clyde with great views of the hills and Ben Lomond , didn't look like Scotland at all. .

16 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

33.6c in new money , that's mediterranean weather. I was in Gourock this morning and it was flat calm in the Clyde with great views of the hills and Ben Lomond , didn't look like Scotland at all. .

Can I ask? If you were in Gourock, looking at the Clyde, hills, and Ben Lomond, and it didn’t look like Scotland, then what the fcuk did it look like.... the Taj Mahal? the hanging gardens of Babylon? Were there herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plains? Just what did you expect to see from a Torquay Gourock hotel window? 

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Can I ask? If you were in Gourock, looking at the Clyde, hills, and Ben Lomond, and it didn’t look like Scotland, then what the fcuk did it look like.... the Taj Mahal? the hanging gardens of Babylon? Were there herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plains? Just what did you expect to see from a Torquay Gourock hotel window? 

leave him alone ya bully ......he's missing the rain, snaw, freezing cold weather that's our norm :P

7 hours ago, pozbaird said:

You couldn't swing a mouse in the bathroom . .no sign of the Serengeti  tho' . .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TPAFKATS
You couldn't swing a mouse in the bathroom . .no sign of the Serengeti  tho' . .
Its its signs of the serengeti you are looking for you need to get to Gabriel's of a weekend [emoji6]

The smell of paint that lasted about a week when the cooncil painters used to come round and do the doors and drainpipes.