Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
shull

We're Absolutely Shafted Regarding Lewis's Fee.

Recommended Posts

They're talking... 

Minimum £3 million for Windass 

£7 million for Armstrong 

£25 million for Tierney 

And for Lewis who is going to be the best of the lot, by far.... 

THREE HUNDRED FECKING THOUSAND POUNDS. 

Utter utter utter disgrace. 

I don't even believe there is a Sell on clause. 

He will eventually go South for at least 30 million. 

10% of that for us would have been  very welcome. 

Josh Windass FORFUXSAKE  :angry:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, shull said:

They're talking... 

Minimum £3 million for Windass 

£7 million for Armstrong 

£25 million for Tierney 

And for Lewis who is going to be the best of the lot, by far.... 

THREE HUNDRED FECKING THOUSAND POUNDS. 

Utter utter utter disgrace. 

I don't even believe there is a Sell on clause. 

He will eventually go South for at least 30 million. 

10% of that for us would have been  very welcome. 

Josh Windass FORFUXSAKE  :angry:

 

He had six months left on his contract and rejected an extension with the best offer we were willing to give. Unfortunately the way of the world, we got what was owed and his great services for the full season. I agree it’s a complete shafting though, footballing rules need to be changed to support smaller clubs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We would have got more but unfortunately unlike McGennis Morgan decided not sign a new contract, disappointing as he would have got the big move he craved anyway  but we would have also benefited from a larger fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure if someone had offered more ( and offered him back on loan) then we would have looked at it. Lewis had previously signed a contract extension I think and always gave 100%. We were lucky to have him and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, st jock said:

I'm sure if someone had offered more ( and offered him back on loan) then we would have looked at it. Lewis had previously signed a contract extension I think and always gave 100%. We were lucky to have him and move on.

No reason for someone to offer more tbh. With six months left to run on his contract was always going to be a nominal fee. If someone offered more and we rejected Celtic they could just of went down the pre contract agreement route 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lewis stayed with us on loan and played a pivotal part in our promotion. He could have signed a PCA, phoned it in, and left at the end of the season with us chasing a development fee.

This thread is pish. There's a surprise. It's what happens when the tank is emptied.

#backinthetank

Edited by Drew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

No reason for someone to offer more tbh. With six months left to run on his contract was always going to be a nominal fee. If someone offered more and we rejected Celtic they could just of went down the pre contract agreement route 

Add to that the chance that Morgan was upset and his commitment might have wavered in the run in.

We weren't shafted by Cellic. They paid what they needed to. No one in their right mind would walk into a shop and offer more than the asking price. We weren't shafted by Morgan. He was paid for his service and gave his best. He then looked at his options and decided what was best for him while thinking a little for us as far as wanting to return for the remainder of the season. We were victims of the system.

ETA. We could as easily blame Saints for not recognising Lewis' talent early enough to put him on a longer term contract.

Edited by stlucifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Add to that the chance that Morgan was upset and his commitment might have wavered in the run in.

We weren't shafted by Cellic. They paid what they needed to. No one in their right mind would walk into a shop and offer more than the asking price. We weren't shafted by Morgan. He was paid for his service and gave his best. He then looked at his options and decided what was best for him while thinking a little for us as far as wanting to return for the remainder of the season. We were victims of the system.

ETA. We could as easily blame Saints for not recognising Lewis' talent early enough to put him on a longer term contract.

Agree with all that apart from maybe the last point. We did try sign him longer the season before but he only agreed to a one year deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was once angry about the ten grand we received for Gordon McQueen but last year I got over it.  Now I concern myself the following question

 

Is Smisa an elaborate fraud?

 

Sometimes a man just has to stand up and express an unpopular opinion. 

 

Good luck Lewis, what a player you were (not we're) for us.  You go on and have a great career, let us hope we go on to be great.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got 300k from Celtic AND we had Lewis' services for the remainder of last season. What value would you put on that, Shull? Seems unlikely that we could have sold him to another club as Celtic was always where Lewis wanted to go.

I do agree however that some of the money being mentioned for other players is ridiculous. But as windae cleaner has mentioned, playing for the OF seems to make a big difference when it comes to prices achieved!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we also got that fee as he’s not really played anywhere other than the Scottish Championship, bar a couple of Premier League outings.

to the outside world, that league is pish. We’ve even got a couple of part time teams in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Agree with all that apart from maybe the last point. We did try sign him longer the season before but he only agreed to a one year deal. 

Yes. But by that time he was established and truly in the shop window and his agent would have been a fool to have him tied down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Yes. But by that time he was established and truly in the shop window and his agent would have been a fool to have him tied down.

Yeah that’s what I mean. That wasn’t st Mirren’s fault. We tried to tie him down for longer. Him and McAllister didn’t sign longer term deals. Magennis did though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, shull said:

They're talking... 

Minimum £3 million for Windass 

£7 million for Armstrong 

£25 million for Tierney 

And for Lewis who is going to be the best of the lot, by far.... 

THREE HUNDRED FECKING THOUSAND POUNDS. 

Utter utter utter disgrace. 

I don't even believe there is a Sell on clause. 

He will eventually go South for at least 30 million. 

10% of that for us would have been  very welcome. 

Josh Windass FORFUXSAKE  :angry:

 

Some truth in all this waffle.

St Mirren could argue that they were shafted by Lewis Morgan's opting not to sign on for longer.

Not shafted by Celtic in any way I can think of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Unless he doesn't extend next time, then what?

There wont be  a next time.

Kyle will be long gone , having earned our and his Club lots of money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
There wont be  a next time.
Kyle will be long gone , having earned our and his Club lots of money.
 
Theoretically possible but what if that doesn't happen, does he become as selfish as Morgan if he doesn't tie himself to the club in perpetuity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:
24 minutes ago, shull said:
There wont be  a next time.
Kyle will be long gone , having earned our and his Club lots of money.
 

Theoretically possible but what if that doesn't happen, does he become as selfish as Morgan if he doesn't tie himself to the club in perpetuity?

He is an outstanding player and will be gone this time next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×