We're Absolutely Shafted Regarding Lewis's Fee.

10 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

I think the real point Shull is making

Average players getting big fees because they play for the gruesome twosome

Always amused me that Sevco got 1 million for a player who hadn't played in the two top leagues in Scotland

Don't believe the hype

Egggggggggactly :)

10 hours ago, TediousTom said:

I was once angry about the ten grand we received for Gordon McQueen but last year I got over it.  Now I concern myself the following question

Is Smisa an elaborate fraud?

Sometimes a man just has to stand up and express an unpopular opinion. 

Good luck Lewis, what a player you were (not we're) for us.  You go on and have a great career, let us hope we go on to be great.

I was once angry about the ten grand we received for Gordon McQueen but last year I got over it.  Now I concern myself the following question

ME still not got over it .never will  :angry:

Is Smisa an elaborate fraud?

No. you just cant count; plus your an old fart like me and you don't like the model ............... methinks :D

Sometimes a man just has to stand up and express an unpopular opinion.

Well !  mibees aye; mibees naw; personally; just like now; ahm sitting doon  :lol:

Good luck Lewis, what a player you were (not we're) for us.  You go on and have a great career, let us hope we go on to be great.

Unequivocally  agree 

There seems to be a misunderstanding that if Lewis had signed a contract extension we could simply have flogged him to the highest bidder for way more than we got. The player (and his agent) hold all the aces in current times. We can't sell a player to club x or y If said player only wants to play for club z. Lewis wanted to sign for Celtic and we wanted to have Lewis with us for the whole season hence we were able to strike a deal which suited both parties. More fool and club that pays millions for players like Windass and to a lesser extent Armstrong but we need to accept both where we are in the food chain and also that in thus day and age ultimately players and agents dictate where a player moves to (quite rightly in the players case and agents do have far too much influence in many cases). The days of players signing ball and chain contracts and being sold against their wishes as it made a club a wedge ended with the likes of Jim McLean and some folk still don't seem to have realised or accepted that. No one can be traded like a commodity in football anymore thankfully.

Andy Gray must have been inconsolable when Jim McLean sold him to Aston Villa.

Even needed Therapy when Clydebank Strollers punted him to Dundee Unitit.

I am not misunderstanding, AS.

Scored his first goal for the green bigots against Shamrock Rovers today.
Typical Morgan goal. Takes it from own half into box cut inside and slip it past keeper.
Much as he is playing for them I will watch his career as I genuinely think he will go much further than the scottish leagues.

No.
Naw.. that has to be a joke right?

Must be some mistake. No club cud be shafted as badly as that, a sell on clause of at least 10% for a young player is practically standard.

I refuse to believe we could be that incompetent at negotiation. 300k is no compensation

You seem to have forgotten that he could have walked away at the end of the season or signed a pre-contract agreement in December. I reckon that 300K plus his services for the remainder of the season(without which we might well be looking forward(?) to another season in the Championship) is as much as we could expect.

I had the privilege and pleasure of having a chat with Lewis after the Morton game when we were presented with the Championship Trophy whilst my wife had her picture taken with him.I said to him that he had made thousands of fans so happy with his fantastic displays for us and he thanked me most sincerely.He just appeared to be such a well spoken intelligent young man and is blessed with superb talent a player who can dribble and score goals with either foot. I have to say that in over sixty years of supporting Saints he is to me one of the finest players to wear the black and white stripes.

I had the privilege and pleasure of having a chat with Lewis after the Morton game when we were presented with the Championship Trophy whilst my wife had her picture taken with him.I said to him that he had made thousands of fans so happy with his fantastic displays for us and he thanked me most sincerely.He just appeared to be such a well spoken intelligent young man and is blessed with superb talent a player who can dribble and score goals with either foot. I have to say that in over sixty years of supporting Saints he is to me one of the finest players to wear the black and white stripes.
I posted at the time that I met him in the club shop before that game and he was buying a top and some other stuff. I made a joke about times being hard and him having to buy his own strip. His reply was that he was just giving back to the club for all they had done for him.
As you say. A well grounded young man who In years to come I will be proud to say got his break at St Mirren and it was a pleasure to watch him play.
His career will depend on his dreams. If he dreams big he will achieve big.
I will watch with interest.

You seem to have forgotten that he could have walked away at the end of the season or signed a pre-contract agreement in December. I reckon that 300K plus his services for the remainder of the season(without which we might well be looking forward(?) to another season in the Championship) is as much as we could expect.
Naw.. I'm well aware of the position and have defended the deal since it was done.

However I assumed there was a sell on, and I still think there must be.

10% of a future sale is surely no deal breaker. OK Celtic are a business but it stinks of pure greed if they refused to budge on that.

There are very few wingers who are comfortable with both feet have genuine pace and score loads of goals as well as making many assists. 
Lewis Morgan has it all, I’ll stick my neck out and say that he’ll end up at a top club in the English Premiership.

Aye where Celtic will cash in big time, the rules & regs need to be changed to stop making it so easy for the likes of Celtic shafting other clubs flashing their dosh, for all it was.seen it for years taking other Scottish teams best players & some of them never getting a game. FTOF fecking hate them with a passion.