Peter Firmin - The Clangers guy - Deid!

FTOF

He along with Oliver Postgate, were instrumental in entertaining me in my younger years, with Classics like The Clangers, Bagpuss. Noggin the Nog and Ivor the Engine to name but a few.

Astounding, given today's vast choice, to think that we only really had three channels, which stopped broadcasting at night and didn't re-start until the morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44674652

Amusing TV , but always with a bit of a dark story. I know several people who are still freaked out by The Clangers.:lol:

article-2460233-02012A5C0000044D-409_634x383.jpg

bagpuss460_5dbddc30967c4e6795b411eb1d5b3c02.jpg

47 minutes ago, FTOF said:

He along with Oliver Postgate, were instrumental in entertaining me in my younger years, with Classics like The Clangers, Bagpuss. Noggin the Nog and Ivor the Engine to name but a few.

Astounding, given today's vast choice, to think that we only really had three channels, which stopped broadcasting at night and didn't re-start until the morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44674652

Amusing TV , but always with a bit of a dark story. I know several people who are still freaked out by The Clangers.:lol:

article-2460233-02012A5C0000044D-409_634x383.jpg

bagpuss460_5dbddc30967c4e6795b411eb1d5b3c02.jpg

I was freaked by Nogbad the Bad !

Ah, the memories. I loved the Clangers, and Captain Pugwash, and Mr Benn, and Bagpuss, and Trumpton....

Kids TV programmes nowadays are garbage in comparison. I reckon it is because the writers, directors, and performers are no longer permitted to take hallucinogenic substances.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Ah, the memories. I loved the Clangers, and Captain Pugwash, and Mr Benn, and Bagpuss, and Trumpton....

Kids TV programmes nowadays are garbage in comparison. I reckon it is because the writers, directors, and performers are no longer permitted to take hallucinogenic substances.

All of the shows mentioned I remember growing up. Mind you, I am old enough to remember Andy Pandy and Bill & Ben the flowerpot men.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

All of the shows mentioned I remember growing up. Mind you, I am old enough to remember Andy Pandy and Bill & Ben the flowerpot men.

Aye, I can also remember them, but I reckon they might have been the reissued director's cut versions.

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

Aye, I can also remember them, but I reckon they might have been the reissued director's cut versions.

Bloody kids today. Show some respect to your elders. What was ‘your’ Blue Peter line up then? Mine was Peter Purves, John Noakes and Valerie Singleton. 

Just now, pozbaird said:

Bloody kids today. Show some respect to your elders. What was ‘your’ Blue Peter line up then? Mine was Peter Purves, John Noakes and Valerie Singleton. 

Likewise. Though Lesley Judd had probably ousted Val by then.

"Lesley Judd is pretty fantastic,

She makes things with Sticky Back Plastic"

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

Was it John Noakes who climbed up Nelson's Column wearing a pair of Woolies black sannies, and with Shep strapped to his back?

Nope. It was Valerie Singleton with Peter Purves strapped to her back.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

My God, the 1970s...

I wouldn't go up there even if I had 1000 safety lines attached to me and was wearing spider man's suit.

Absolutely incredible.

Makes these lightweights that climb today's buildings with all their fancy shoes, chalk and lycra look like big Jessies.

A combat jacket, a pair of jeans and a pair of Clark's finest!:lol:

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

I wouldn't go up there even if I had 1000 safety lines attached to me and was wearing spider man's suit.

Absolutely incredible.

Makes these lightweights that climb today's buildings with all their fancy shoes, chalk and lycra look like big Jessies.

A combat jacket, a pair of jeans and a pair of Clark's finest!:lol:

Absolutely... see that bit of ladder at the end of the climb that is actually leaning backwards? Gave me the chills just looking at it. Crazy days... if people weren’t risking death for kiddie’s TV shows, they were taking Mitre Mouldmasters in the chuckies on blaes pitches.

...or being asked if we wanted to be in Gary Glitter’s gang or perched in front of Jimmy who will fix it for us.

Fcuking right he would. The 1970s... wow. I survived them!