4 told they can leave

Just now, Buddie Marvelous said:

Looks like they are both 2019 then.

Yeah , i find it strange that they would be prepared to ""pay up" the contracts of a couple of high earners beforesuitable cover was in place. Even if they wee not first picks , i would hav liked to have seen both remain, but hey ho, if its true ,life goes on .:mellow:

He's replacing 2 players who are the wrong side of 30 and are injury prone, i have a lot of time for both players and perhaps they could have been back ups but Stubbs obviously doesn't think so. The other 2 were back ups in the championship so no surprise they're being allowed to go.

1 minute ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Just about but we need new players in all positions, a few strikers next would be nice, we're a bit short on them after losing 2 so far.

But we've also signed 1, signed 2 in the Jan transfer window and 1 has come back from loan.

No real surprises, Eckersley had found his level when he was fit, he could be completely anonymous and ineffective in whole games. McShane really was just a waste of time, so indecisive, continually passing up responsibility for taking a shot, or sliding a pass through.

Stewart i guess was inevitable because if he couldnt get a game in the championship then Stubbs would be looking to bring in another two keepers one of which might oust Sammy. Sad about McKenzie, i guess his injuries have gone against him, would imo akways be a great guy to have as back up in the squad.

by the end of July you'll be barely able to hear a Scottish accent swearing at Ralston! We are going to field a side of Giants.... p.s. Exoect he will be dispensing with Mullen asap too. Maybe a loan to a championship club till his contract is up if they cant agree a mutual.

This doesn't fill me with confidence. Stewart and McShane, I can understand but the other two could do a job. At the very least they should command a small fee given they both had really good seasons last year. Also surprised Kirkpatrick and other Stewart aren't included. 

From his staff/ player recruitment and now this, Stubbs has filled me with nothing but dread for the new season. Can see him being in the garden by Christmas. 

31 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Surprised if this is true, Didnt Mack and Eckersley sign contract extentions ?  If so will they be loaned out or paid up ?

They're not being freed - just told they're free to find a new club. If they don't find one I imagine they'd stay in the squad.

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

This doesn't fill me with confidence. Stewart and McShane, I can understand but the other two could do a job. At the very least they should command a small fee given they both had really good seasons last year. Also surprised Kirkpatrick and other Stewart aren't included. 

From his staff/ player recruitment and now this, Stubbs has filled me with nothing but dread for the new season. Can see him being in the garden by Christmas. 

Wow.... from the man who trumpets everything the club & smisa want & do as MAGNiFiCent a stunning volley of negativity!

watchit Baz, you'll be wheeched into the sin bin afore ye know it!

I wouldn't think we would pay up their full contract, more likely we might have to pay the different between what any new club would pay them to what we pay them. At least they got a holiday out of us before being told they were not wanted  :lol:

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

They're not being freed - just told they're free to find a new club. If they don't find one I imagine they'd stay in the squad.

They will likely have been offered three months wages as a pay off if they find another club. Or face a loan to whoever will cover the cost of at least part of their wages, or stay & play u20 football and drop off every clubs radar.

three months wages in the bank and a new job isnt too bad a deal.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Wow.... from the man who trumpets everything the club & smisa want & do as MAGNiFiCent a stunning volley of negativity!

watchit Baz, you'll be wheeched into the sin bin afore ye know it!

I'm surprised you didn't use the standard 'happy clap' response. there's nothing wrong with being concerned and expressing dissatisfaction with aspects of the club.

Making up negativity and stories is a completely different thing though isn't it?

26 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Are we going to be able to field 11 players in our first competitive game which is A WEEK TOMORROW!!!

Samson - McGinn, Baird, Heaton, Kpekawa - Flynn, Magennis, McGinn, Kellerman - Smith, Mullen

Subs - Cooke, Hippolyte, Stewart (striker), Kirkpatrick, Erhahon

Edited by zico

2 minutes ago, zico said:

Samson - McGinn, Baird, Heaton, Kpekawa - Flynn, Magennis, McGinn, Kellerman - Smith, Mullen

Subs - Cooke, Hippolyte, Stewart (striker), Kirkpatrick, Erhahon

There is also Bilate, if he is sticking around.

This does make sense if Stubbs wouldn't be intending to play these guys routinely. He is affording them the option of finding clubs where they will get regular games. That seems fair to me, not simply ruthless.

The positive side is that Stubbs is taking firm decisions, and to be honest three of those players are clearly not Premiership standard.

There isn't much point in being optimistic / worried until we get a look at the quality of the new players coming in.  Just cross everything they are not James Marwood / Calumn Ball standard!

Got the feeling that he knows already  who most of the guys he's bringing in will be. Amazing though , that only 5 of the players on the pitch when we clinched the title v Livingston remain in his plans !

1 minute ago, billyg said:

Got the feeling that he knows already  who most of the guys he's bringing in will be. Amazing though , that only 5 of the players on the pitch when we clinched the title v Livingston remain in his plans !

Stubbs will be determined to get this right. A lot is riding on it personally for him in terms of his reputation and career.

That is a definite positive from our perspective.

8 minutes ago, Drew said:

There is also Bilate, if he is sticking around.

I really hope he isn't. His stats are far from impressive - six goals looks like the most he's scored in a season.

Don't really have a problem with a clear out. I had concerns about MacKenzie being able to cope in the top flight so don't think he'd be a great loss, McShane couldn't get in the team in the second half of last season and Stewart hasn't played in the league.

Eckersley is the biggest surprise of the four but maybe it shouldn't be based on how little he played under Stubbs at Hibs (dunno if that was due to injury). I have concerns about the majority of our squad being good enough for the Premiership but he was one of the ones I thought would be OK. 

Hope now that Stubbs has told the four of them to go that they find new clubs and we can bring in replacements. Don't want to be in a situation like Terry Butcher at Hibs where he told a load of players they could go only for them all to stay put.