4 told they can leave

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That is truly feckin terrifying!!

Div, in case you hadn’t noticed the season starts a week on Saturday. I am absolutely stunned at the lack of activity by Stubbs so far. All he’s done is get rid of loads on players and sign a few English non league players.

I am seriously unimpressed. 

There will be a lot going on behind the scenes at the club. A week in football can see a raft of players coming in.  A lot of clubs are in the same boat including Sunderland. 

Just now, nedflanders123 said:

There will be a lot going on behind the scenes at the club. A week in football can see a raft of players coming in.  A lot of clubs are in the same boat including Sunderland. 

Aye, players that have never seen hide nor hair of each other before being thrown into competitive football. Shambles!

And why should I give a toss about the state of play at Sunderland? Bizarre statement. 

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

:snore:snore

I suppose you could sleep till then.

The Scottish football season does not start until August. Whether or not you remain awake during the intervening period won't change that.

ETA - for the avoidance of doubt:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43129249

Edited by Drew

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Assuming this is true - I admire Stubbs approach. I could make a case for each to be retained but this would be based on sentiment. This is a time of fundamental change on and out of the Playing squad. Tough, direct, no nonsense Managment. As always results will show how successfull the changes are, but I like it.

I disagree. This is a squad who have just romped to the Championship, we were already looking depleted through the loss of Morgan, Davis and Smith, now he's going to let four more go, as well as not offering Reilly a contract. This is not like the ten in ten out winter, where change was badly needed. We now have only three defenders if you exclude the players who have been told they can leave, and no left back. I'm usually very supportive of all our managers but there are alarm bells ringing right now.

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I disagree. This is a squad who have just romped to the Championship, we were already looking depleted through the loss of Morgan, Davis and Smith, now he's going to let four more go, as well as not offering Reilly a contract. This is not like the ten in ten out winter, where change was badly needed. We now have only three defenders if you exclude the players who have been told they can leave, and no left back. I'm usually very supportive of all our managers but there are alarm bells ringing right now.

We did.

Div, in case you hadn’t noticed the season starts a week on Saturday. I am absolutely stunned at the lack of activity by Stubbs so far. All he’s done is get rid of loads on players and sign a few English non league players.
I am seriously unimpressed. 

We are well and truly f**ked then. How can we possibly compete against a Kellie team who have had 12 players leave and replace them with two loan signings . [emoji6]

Joking aside bud, I too would like to see some serious movement .... inbound !!

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m not going to indulge your nonsense. 

I was stating fact.

On that basis, it was probably one of the few posts I have ever made that couldn't reasonably be described as nonsense.

Hold your nerve Stubbs will bring in the right players . Obviously said players could not come up to the mark at the training ground. Personally I have faith in Stubbs plan you seriously think he wants shoot himself in the foot. Don't buy that he knows what he wants I for one am looking forward to the finished product with excitement.  

And Stubbs withdrew the offer, which is fine if you have someone better lined up, but not sure we do. 

He had four weeks to sign maybe we should have kept the offer on the table till January till his agent found a better deal. Seriously you can't see what was going on. This is about our team / club not individual players there is no loyalty it's about money.  

1 minute ago, pod said:

Because he never took it up when offered.   

Indeed.

I would have been happy enough if Gav stayed, but there is no point bleating after having had weeks to sign the deal that was on the table.

5 minutes ago, Hendo said:

And Stubbs withdrew the offer, which is fine if you have someone better lined up, but not sure we do. 

So Stubbs gets rid of Reilly so he can bring in someone who isn't better.  That will be a clever bit of business. 

6 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

Time will tell, starting Saturday and next Friday is when it starts in ernest.

Might take a bit longer for team to gel and we'll be up against a well established Premiership team.   We have to be realistic. 

Edited by pod

I honestly wouldn't put any stock at all in the league Cup. Yes, we won it in 2013 but the dynamic of the tournament was very different then and set up to take the early stages more seriously as these rounds started when a completed squad was in place. 

The group stages are and should be treated as a gelling exercise. If we get through, it's a nice bonus but let's be honest, in mid July, most squads are still in that stage where they are incomplete and getting to know one another. Next Saturday is not, nor should it be a milestone to start judging. 

We'll be a work in process right up until the real stuff starts. 

Some arrogant dudes on here would be better off with Sevco or Celtic Season Tickets with their shite attitudes to Scottish Football, especially to the League Cup.

Just now, shull said:

Some arrogant dudes on here would be better off with Sevco or Celtic Season Tickets with their shite attitudes to Scottish Football, especially to the League Cup.

Nothing arrogant or shite about it.

The timing of games means it's not set up to favour teams who are in the middle of a rebuild.

When we won it, it was a straight Knockout competition that spanned 2/3rds of the season.

It's now a series of glorified friendlies and only becomes a serious prospect when you get to the nitty gritty of the knockouts, which we are yet to do.