4 told they can leave

19 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Here's hoping team morale hasn't been adversely affected by Stubbs decisions thus far... removing the contract offer to Reilly and telling 4 players under contract they are free to find new clubs, and I don't doubt that div is right in saying a few other players currently on the books will go as well. Usually promoted teams do OK if they can keep the momentum going from their promotion winning season. Since winning the league we have lost our best player, top scorer, best defender, manger and assistant manager and now told 4 more players they are free to find other clubs with further departures anticipated.

If you were a Jack Ross signing you might feel your jacket was on a shoogly peg!

Yes I agree it's not ideal, but given that Morgan was sold, Hearts recalled Liam Smithr and Reilly (great though he was was St Mirren) really isn't quality enough for the Premier league,IMO then one might say  the teams jaket was already on a shoogly peg and the Manager has the right to sink or swim by his decisions and I at least admire him for making those decisions irrespective or not; of my or others approval.  I suspect that not every body he has brought in will be a 'superstar' but I am of the opinion given is record that he does know what he is doing and we would be doing both him and St Mirren a disservice by not giving him our support.  Of course all of this is ONLY my opinion. :D

Nope. Everyone is hoping Stubbsy is a huge success at Saints. This is just supporters expressing opinions on the early comings and goings- some with memories of Danny bringing 3 guys from Cowdenbeath and 1 working out and T. Craig bringing in some lower league English guys with zero success. My hope is that Stubbsy isn't underestimating just how good the standard is in Scotland's top flight. With luck the new guys will be the easier ones to sign up and the more exciting signings are on the way. 

Knicker wetting as per usual you mean [emoji6]

Ball came from Derby County.

I know they were technically in a lower English league but I’m assuming that by ‘lower league’, what was meant was non league.

Wouldn’t have thought it meant a club with 30k attendances in the 5th best supported league in Europe!

Louie Moult came to Motherwell from non league Wrexham. Think they have done that a few times with different players. Can be a bit hit and miss. Good luck to the lads coming in.

8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

For all those panicking we have signed so far the same number of players as Motherwell and more than Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs and Kilmarnock. Loads of time before the season starts.

The league campaign kicks off in August.  I would expect players to come in before then with maybe 2/3 in August before the transfer window shuts. Loan deals might be the last pieces of our relationship recruitment.  Money from the transfer of J McGinn will be useful but keeping some for January would be wise IMO

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

To be fair we've let more leave than those teams.

True but I am just pointing out that we are not that far behind other clubs considering we only appointed a manager a few weeks ago. We could go out and sign a barrowload of players tomorrow (or keep six or seven that we have that have been told to go) but  signings must be better that what we let go so that takes time. Livi have signed 8 players but I would not be too impressed if we had signed them (not that I know much about 4 of the 5 players we have signed).

Jack leaving mid season would have been a disaster for us in my opinion so I am glad he left when he did at season end. Only Livi have changed their manager in the Premiership so other clubs were further forward than us in player recruitment but the season kicks off in August so we have a few weeks left.

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

I think from Monday onwards we will see some players coming in. But I think it be a patient. I agree it would nice to get our transfers done quickly to get new players bedded in.

Not more injured players please. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

The league campaign kicks off in August.  I would expect players to come in before then with maybe 2/3 in August before the transfer window shuts. Loan deals might be the last pieces of our relationship recruitment.  Money from the transfer of J McGinn will be useful but keeping some for January would be wise IMO

Ye, for accommodating all our English recruits.  :rolleyes:  Still think they'll be a few more from the south.  Goalkeeper being one.

52 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Have we?

Numbers leaving are all subjective. Our list is long as we include Academy players,  players out on loan, players that have retired and fringe players from a large pool that didn't get a game very often. Other clubs have only listed their first team squad so pretty difficult to compare. Our total is high but I do not know how worse it is if comparing like with like.

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Have we?

Jack Ross said 11 players would not get new contracts, Stubbs removed the contract offer to Reilly, and has now told 4 players they can find other clubs with other players expected to be told they are surplus to requirements. We are probably looking at 16-18 players out from last year's squad.

True but I am just pointing out that we are not that far behind other clubs considering we only appointed a manager a few weeks ago. We could go out and sign a barrowload of players tomorrow (or keep six or seven that we have that have been told to go) but  signings must be better that what we let go so that takes time. Livi have signed 8 players but I would not be too impressed if we had signed them (not that I know much about 4 of the 5 players we have signed).

Jack leaving mid season would have been a disaster for us in my opinion so I am glad he left when he did at season end. Only Livi have changed their manager in the Premiership so other clubs were further forward than us in player recruitment but the season kicks off in August so we have a few weeks left.

Your right I would like to us push on now with signings. If something doesn't happen next I would start to worry bud.

Just now, santaponsasaint said:
3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Your right I would to us push on now with signings. If something doesn't happen next I would start to worry bud.

Darren Jackson  was on Sportsound this afternoon and he says they have a few irons in the fire and are hoping for some progress next week. Also said the same as Stubbs that there have been delays due to the WC.

As an aside I thought Jackson came across very well today.  Talked a lot of sense and as a scout had watched a lot of football recently in Scotland and England and had recommended Morgan and Magennis to Blackburn (although he said he thought both were too good for Blackburn!)

Darren Jackson  was on Sportsound this afternoon and he says they have a few irons in the fire and are hoping for some progress next week. Also said the same as Stubbs that there have been delays due to the WC.
As an aside I thought Jackson came across very well today.  Talked a lot of sense and as a scout had watched a lot of football recently in Scotland and England and had recommended Morgan and Magennis to Blackburn (although he said he thought both were too good for Blackburn!)
Morgan scored for the Tic today. Just saying.[emoji122][emoji848]