4 told they can leave

Numbers leaving are all subjective. Our list is long as we include Academy players,  players out on loan, players that have retired and fringe players from a large pool that didn't get a game very often. Other clubs have only listed their first team squad so pretty difficult to compare. Our total is high but I do not know how worse it is if comparing like with like.

Agree

Of the regulars, we lost Morgan, Smith and Davis. Reilly has also left, albeit he had been benched.

We’ve brought in Heaton, McGinn, King, Kellerman & Cooke.

As far as I can see I don’t think we are too short on numbers.

If the 5 we had brought in had all been known players then I don’t think there would be an issue.

Folk seem to be panicking because they don’t know if the new guys are any good or not!

We’ll bring in more players, there is no doubt. But I really don’t think we’re in a different position than some other clubs.

27 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Agree

Of the regulars, we lost Morgan, Smith and Davis. Reilly has also left, albeit he had been benched.

If the 5 we had brought in had all been known players then I don’t think there would be an issue.

Folk seem to be panicking because they don’t know if the new guys are any good or not!

We’ll bring in more players, there is no doubt. But I really don’t think we’re in a different position than some other clubs.

Good post and welcome back to the Forum , Wendy.

I think you've been here before under many different names. :byebye

38 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Agree

Reilly didn't feature in 1 league game last season and you seem grudging in classing him as a regular ? He started 27 games (3/4 of the season) and made 8 subs appearances (while carrying an injury) - he started more league games than Kyle Magennis. Eckersley and MacKenzie surely count as regulars as they usually started when they were fit, and McShane also started more league games than Magennis. Stellious featured in more than half of our league games too.

If Davis is viewed as a regular (20 league starts) why not count Stellious, Eckersley, McShane and Reilly?

14 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Reilly didn't feature in 1 league game last season and you seem grudging in classing him as a regular ? He started 27 games (3/4 of the season) and made 8 subs appearances (while carrying an injury) - he started more league games than Kyle Magennis. Eckersley and MacKenzie surely count as regulars as they usually started when they were fit, and McShane also started more league games than Magennis. Stellious featured in more than half of our league games too.

If Davis is viewed as a regular (20 league starts) why not count Stellious, Eckersley, McShane and Reilly?

What is the point in arguing over which players were regulars? Those who are not wanted by the new manager are surplus to requirements and we shall just have to wait and see how the incomers fare. Thankfully I have no influence on the manager's decisions, as does no one else on this forum. :whistle

15 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Agree

Not too short on numbers? If Eckersley and Mackenzie aren't in the managers plans, we only have three defenders and no left back, with just five days to our first competitive match.

3 hours ago, smcc said:

What is the point in arguing over which players were regulars? Those who are not wanted by the new manager are surplus to requirements and we shall just have to wait and see how the incomers fare. Thankfully I have no influence on the manager's decisions, as does no one else on this forum. :whistle

If we end up stuck with regulars from last season who have been told they are surplus to requirements after 1 week's pre-season training I can't imagine that does much for their morale or motivation - and we have been slow to find replacements for the players Ross let go before Stubbs added another 5-7 players to be replaced.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Not too short on numbers? If Eckersley and Mackenzie aren't in the managers plans, we only have three defenders and no left back, with just five days to our first competitive match.

Until they go I'd imagine they'll still be in the managers plans - not ideal but inevitable after a managerial change.

I'm sure Stubbsy is just as aware that the clock is ticking as the rest of us...………………………..

On 7/5/2018 at 8:53 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aye, players that have never seen hide nor hair of each other before being thrown into competitive football. Shambles!

And why should I give a toss about the state of play at Sunderland? Bizarre statement. 

Purely an example of a new manager coming in and having to change the playing staff to accommodate club ambitions. I also don’t give a toss about Sunderland. I mentioned them because of JR and his wholesale changes to achieving promotion by getting in better players. Stubbs clearly reckons new blood is required to survive/compete in higher league. At least let’s see what his new players do.

According to Robert Grieve on Twitter we are signing a LB on loan from Middlesbrough tomorrow. Hayden Coulson

Add to that

Also expect St. Mirren to sign ex-QPR defender Cole Kpekawa after he impressed on trial with gk Danny Rogers likely to agree a loan deal from Aberdeen.

16 minutes ago, Langbank said:

Add to that

Also expect St. Mirren to sign ex-QPR defender Cole Kpekawa after he impressed on trial with gk Danny Rogers likely to agree a loan deal from Aberdeen.

At last someone I have actually heard of and even seen in action.