4 told they can leave

On 7/8/2018 at 1:45 PM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

If we end up stuck with regulars from last season who have been told they are surplus to requirements after 1 week's pre-season training I can't imagine that does much for their morale or motivation - and we have been slow to find replacements for the players Ross let go before Stubbs added another 5-7 players to be replaced.

Might simply be a case of my way or the highway. 

Clear and to the point. 

31 minutes ago, div said:

Why would Ross Stewart be offered more money "to stay" when he's under contract for another year? :huh:

Because allegedly Thistle wanted him? Seriously I don't know mate, was hoping that some in the know supporters could shed more light  

I have no problem with Stubbs ripping the squad apart and rebuilding with his own players. I dont think its healthy to inherit and keep someone elses squad. You get more from players who sign for you. What has to happen is that we get better quality through the door. I wait to see what our squad looks like come August.

26 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Because allegedly Thistle wanted him? Seriously I don't know mate, was hoping that some in the know supporters could shed more light  

Doesn't really make much sense to me. If another team want him, and we want to keep him, then they'd need to pay for him as he's under contract.

A new manager has the right to build his own squad. I will always be thankful to the players who contributed to getting us up last season but at the same time I’m looking forward to our season in the top flight, new signings and the Stubbs era. I think we can judge after quarter of the season. Until then let’s enjoy the ride

22 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:
23 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:
It’s been on the pars forum that Hippolyte will sign for the Pars tomorrow.

Nice lad but i dont think he has what it takes for the SPL. I wouldnt be too dissapointed.

He’s been mostly a squad player and hasn’t featured much so it’s not like losing an experienced starter. I would expect to see at least 3 incoming tomorrow or over the weekend.

Won't lose sleep if he goes. Ive said it before i would rather part with players not up to the standard we need to take us to the next level. I also think it is better that we have players who are signed by Stubbs as they are more likely to buy into his management.

4 hours ago, Ethan said:

Won't lose sleep if he goes. Ive said it before i would rather part with players not up to the standard we need to take us to the next level. I also think it is better that we have players who are signed by Stubbs as they are more likely to buy into his management.

We're a yoyo club - the next level for us is more likely to be relegation back to the Championship than the Top Six.

In a 12 top division survival should always be our aim.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

We're a yoyo club - the next level for us is more likely to be relegation back to the Championship than the Top Six.

In a 12 top division survival should always be our aim.

Stubbs is building a team to win the Championship. :whistle

Disappointed with Hippolyte's impending departure , didn't get a chance under  Ross either , until the league was won. Feeling uneasier by the day with the way Stubbs is running things , trying to remain positive , but we need another 4/5 players of proven ability  imo !

Perhaps I'm in the ,minority here but I'm a touch worried with what Stubbs is doing. I know he has to build a squad to compete in the premier but he's letting some decent players go and replacing them with unknown quantities. I know we have to trust his judgement but it's all starting to look a bit chaotic. They might be brilliant but we still haven't had the chance to see them yet tonight could be interesting. But after last season Ross will be a hard act to follow.

6 minutes ago, charlie said:

Perhaps I'm in the ,minority here but I'm a touch worried with what Stubbs is doing. I know he has to build a squad to compete in the premier but he's letting some decent players go and replacing them with unknown quantities. I know we have to trust his judgement but it's all starting to look a bit chaotic. They might be brilliant but we still haven't had the chance to see them yet tonight could be interesting. But after last season Ross will be a hard act to follow.

Not really,this season we are in the top division with a whole new mind set.

Enjoy the ride,its going to be a blast

OH ..... and prepare yourself for many defeats

1 minute ago, charlie said:

Perhaps I'm in the ,minority here but I'm a touch worried with what Stubbs is doing.

I wouldn't be so sure that you are in the minority.

In fairness to Stubbs, he will stand or fall by his decisions, so at least he is demonstrating that he isn't afraid to do things his way and make big calls.

Whilst I'm looking forward to seeing what these young guys can do, we have to be able to compete from day one, and I reckon it would have been good to have had a couple of more seasoned campaigners brought in with some experience of the game in Scotland to give the squad a bit more balance.

There's nothing to say that won't happen, right enough.

Whilst I believe that many of the players we have been letting go were great for the Championship and more than did a job for us, the step up is significant and I think that a number let go by AS would also have gone under JR, maybe not all, but quite a few.

Hyppolite  hasn't really been given a chance and I thought that with the right management he could be one of these players that becomes really difficult to play. Awkward, good ball control and slightly aggressive. As I recall we always had a good howl at him when he was playing against us, which says much for what we thought of him.

I will reserve judgement on AS until we get a good bit more into the season. He had what it took with Hibs and knows the standard that is necessary to survive in the league, so it doesn't really surprise me that he wants to build a squad that he is happy with and he thinks can do a job for him at this level.

I personally wouldn't read too much into the result at Killie tonight, win or lose. I would rather re-visit this subject at the end of August or the middle of September.

Edited by The Original 59er

9 hours ago, SaintGlenburn said:
9 hours ago, class of 76-77 said:
It’s been on the pars forum that Hippolyte will sign for the Pars tomorrow.

Nice lad but i dont think he has what it takes for the SPL. I wouldnt be too dissapointed.

Fans from his previous clubs have said online that he has sparks of magic, a match winner at that, though came across lazy in large parts of the season.

From my opinion what i have seen of him so far, I see more of the lazy side. When he has came off the bench he should be an impact player, though he has failed to show that so far. 
I may be jumping to conclusions, though if it is true that he is on the way out, we have to trust that Stubbs sees him in training on a daily basis and 'possibly' he does not show the same work ethic as others. I think he is a decent player, though you have to have the attitude to go with it. If he stays, i would to see him prove me wrong.