4 told they can leave

9 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

I will reserve judgement on AS until we get a good bit more into the season. He had what it took with Hibs and knows the standard that is necessary to survive in the league,

He's never managed in this league though , was never good enough to get his club out of the Championship !

13 minutes ago, billyg said:

He's never managed in this league though , was never good enough to get his club out of the Championship !

His record at Hibs is decent. Scottish Cup semi-final in his first season and finished above Sevco but beaten in the lottery of the playoffs. In his next season got to the League cup final and won the Scottish Cup but again lost in the playoffs. 

You are correct though , he's not managed in the Premiership. 

15 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Hippolyte not given a fair crack of the whip in my opinion, not convinced by Stubbs’s recruitment so far.

That's Hippolyte confirmed by DAFC , at this stage I can't really see in what direction we're heading , it's basically a shambles on Day 1 of the season . One thing's for sure , we're not staying up with our current squad

I thought Hippolyte would have been a good signing but you could quickly see that he doesn't have the desire to make it as a top footballer. His workrate, decision-making and attitude all looked like they fell short of what is required.  It didn't fit in with the team last year so is no surprise that we're getting rid of him. 

Good decision in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I always got the impression that Hippo was a desperate last minute signing.

He was struggling last season with a shit Falkirk side.

I work with a Livi fan and he didn’t really rate him.

Defo not good enough for the top flight IMO

We'll never know , will we  ? I'm willing to bet that some of the new guys are "defo not good enough for the top flight" .

We'll never know , will we  ? I'm willing to bet that some of the new guys are "defo not good enough for the top flight" .

A shit Falkirk side let him go, he couldn’t get a game for us in the Championship and he’s now signed for another Championship side.

If he wasn’t good enough for us in the Championship, what makes you think that he’d suddenly be good enough for the top flight?

As for your last line, you may well be right. But it’s not really got anything to do with whether Hippo is good enough for the top flight or not!

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

If he wasn’t good enough for us in the Championship, what makes you think that he’d suddenly be good enough for the top flight?

Ryan Hardie wasn't good enough for us in the Championship but destroyed us last season ,and got a new contract at Ibrox.  Hippolyte , as far as St Mirren are concerned , is still a bit of an unknown quantity and should have had more of a chance before being offloaded !

Bye Myles, thanks for your contribution, I remember that time you.......... nope sorry can’t think of anything. 

Hoping AS can pull something out of the bag, or that he,  Rice and Jackson are world class coaches and can vastly improve everyone that is left because at the moment we are looking very light on quality and depth, even if the current new guys all turn out to be great.  

Hippolyte was probably a bit unlucky. He was clearly signed at the last minute to cover the front 4, but Smith, Morgan, Flynn, Reilly and Mullen were always ahead of him, and pretty much always fit. At his age he needs to be playing every week, and he wasn't managing that with us or Falkirk in the championship, so it was unlikely that was going to change in the Prem. 

58 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Hippolyte not given a fair crack of the whip in my opinion, not convinced by Stubbs’s recruitment so far.

Well obviously the manager disagrees with you. Had his chance pre season obviously hasn't taken it,

Am I bothered.................. always thought it was a strange signing.......

We need a bit a quality in the team, more freed wages so good 

I have been really looking forward to this season.... however, I have a slight concern over the lack of players coming versus those leaving or left.  Furthermore, the relatively unknown and untested players is a concern.....

Something in the back of my mind makes me think of the Tommy Craig era of signings etc. I hope to god I am wrong and will happily have egg on my face after this!

I hope stubbs has a plan and knows what hes doing and trying to achieve. 

One thing is for sure - Stubbs will have a decent budget to work with given all the players that have moved on and there's more still to go if he can get rid of McShane, McKenzie, Eck and presumably Kirkpatrick & Stewart.  

A lot of work to do. 

Could really do with some re-assuring signings now. 

11 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

I have been really looking forward to this season.... however, I have a slight concern over the lack of players coming versus those leaving or left.  Furthermore, the relatively unknown and untested players is a concern.....

Something in the back of my mind makes me think of the Tommy Craig era of signings etc. I hope to god I am wrong and will happily have egg on my face after this!

I hope stubbs has a plan and knows what hes doing and trying to achieve. 

You know mate, I am not a football manager either, but I think some on here play Football Manager on PS4.......

Its like any business, you need to clear the weeds before you plant the seeds.....

Patience- Stubbs will deliver..................... he has a plan, it will be shared with the BOD, and he will have demands, however he needs to free up budget first.

Killie game is really not that important, its just another cracker of an idea from the Prats at the Top.........

We have 7 players in, bet you that's 10-12 by the end of the month. Our season starts against Dundee IMHO.....