4 told they can leave

New manager gets in his own men. Why are we surprised? IT will be his neck on the line if it goes tits up, so he's every right to make sure he has a squad he is happy with. Sentiment doesn't come into it, fans thinking players should've had more chances doesn't come into it - only what the new manager wants. I'm actually very pleased he's being so clinical in his overhaul of the squad. No half measures, no pissing around, he'll do it his way.

Tongith will be interesting indeed!

1 hour ago, Maboza said:

One thing is for sure - Stubbs will have a decent budget to work with given all the players that have moved on and there's more still to go if he can get rid of McShane, McKenzie, Eck and presumably Kirkpatrick & Stewart.  

A lot of work to do. 

Could really do with some re-assuring signings now. 

If these guys go before we get others signed we'll struggle to field a team!

2 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Hippolyte not given a fair crack of the whip in my opinion, not convinced by Stubbs’s recruitment so far.

Understandable to ask questions of players we don't know, but the manager is staking his reputation and his career on these guys. As for Hippolyte, I agree he didn't get too many chances, but that was because Jack didn't deem him worthy of them when watching him training, and Stubbs agrees. It's a new dawn, I'm looking on with excitement rather than trepidation. I reserve the right to totally reassess my opinion at around 9.30ish tonight... :lol:

2 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

I think getting these guys out may be the key to getting others in, in terms of budget perhaps. I'm sure others will come in before that, but these are probably some of our bigger earners, so a good bit of budget to play with when they go.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

You know mate, I am not a football manager either, but I think some on here play Football Manager on PS4.......

Its like any business, you need to clear the weeds before you plant the seeds.....

Patience- Stubbs will deliver..................... he has a plan, it will be shared with the BOD, and he will have demands, however he needs to free up budget first.

Killie game is really not that important, its just another cracker of an idea from the Prats at the Top.........

We have 7 players in, bet you that's 10-12 by the end of the month. Our season starts against Dundee IMHO.....

Yea, hope so mate. Been a real buzz with saints of late and I guess with all the changes some doubts may creep in. 

I genuinely hope his plan pays off. :)

Kilmarnock have had a total personnel turnover of about one or two bodies. They are exceptionally settled and one of the best teams in the country. 

We one the other hand are playing our first match together, competitive or otherwise. 

I hate to go all Elvis on everyone but I reckon we're in for an absolute hiding tonight. 

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Kilmarnock have had a total personnel turnover of about one or two bodies. They are exceptionally settled and one of the best teams in the country. 

We one the other hand are playing our first match together, competitive or otherwise. 

I hate to go all Elvis on everyone but I reckon we're in for an absolute hiding tonight. 

Not just tonight .

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Where have you seen us play to come to that assumption ? Not saying we will win but I have faith in our manager he knows who he is signed even if we don't. 

25 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We are in for an absolute doing, it will be another Partick like last season.

Thankfully the league doesn’t start for a couple of weeks yet so gives us time to get some quality in hopefully.

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I think the only thing that might go in our favour is the surprise factor - nobody knows who half the team are, so Killie might find it difficult to set up against us.

Of course, we could always surprise them about how bad we are rather than how good.

I'm not going tonight. I consider the match to be a semi-competitive season warm-up game. I also think we could be in for a pumping,as others have suggested.

There is no way that this group of relative strangers will have gelled sufficiently to match an established top league team that finished the season on a high and has experienced very little turnover.

I'm not too fussed about the result tonight. More interested in hearing how some of the new players perform, if I'm being honest.

Like others, I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed about how things are shaping up so far. A higher profile signing or two of players with whom we have a degree of familiarity would be beneficial,if for no other reason than to offer a bit more encouragement that we have a squad that is of the calibre prepared to embark on what is going to be a very tough campaign.

Nope, I'm none too confident about our prospects just now.

1 hour ago, Jack the lad said:

Trouble is, if they don't go, he might not be able to bring in who he wants, unless of course, Hibs sells someone to Celtic. 

22 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Thankfully the league doesn’t start for a couple of weeks yet so gives us time to get some quality in hopefully.

Worth remembering that we as in Partick Thistle only added 3 players last season when we were relegated- the problem was with the existing players - not the 3 or 4 brought in -who after making top 6 behaved like they were better than they were and had attitude problems - several should have been moved on including Osman who actually did not contribute much to the top 6 season due to recurring injuries.

was their anything to the Ross Stewart to the jags rumour or was this just paper talk

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

I'm not going tonight. I consider the match to be a semi-competitive season warm-up game. I also think we could be in for a pumping,as others have suggested.

There is no way that this group of relative strangers will have gelled sufficiently to match an established top league team that finished the season on a high and has experienced very little turnover.

I'm not too fussed about the result tonight. More interested in hearing how some of the new players perform, if I'm being honest.

Like others, I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed about how things are shaping up so far. A higher profile signing or two of players with whom we have a degree of familiarity would be beneficial,if for no other reason than to offer a bit more encouragement that we have a squad that is of the calibre prepared to embark on what is going to be a very tough campaign.

Nope, I'm none too confident about our prospects just now.

Good for you= Thanks for sharing ....... and its Friday the 13th ........................

Love Island is on I think- Enjoy

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Good for you= Thanks for sharing ....... and its Friday the 13th ........................

Love Island is on I think- Enjoy

Judging by the quality of this post, I'm guessing that you don't have sufficient cognitive capacity to keep up with Love Island.

26 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Killie are a very good side, with a very good manager and a fantastic Home record.................  they are massive favs tonight. Thankfully the players selected will not have your mindset....

Just now, Drew said:

Judging by the quality of this post, I'm guessing that you don't have sufficient cognitive capacity to keep up with Love Island.

You seem to be doing a lot of guessing- bit scary this Saints supporting stuff- maybe you should choose a safer option ................ I hear Juve are shoe ins this year

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

You seem to be doing a lot of guessing- bit scary this Saints supporting stuff- maybe you should choose a safer option ................ I hear Juve are shoe ins this year

You’re just talking shite now.

7 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Add negative ,knickerwetting and pointless and apply it to your recent posts..................  

Stop being an attention seeking fanny, FFS. Isn't there something else you could be busying yourself with?

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

Stop being an attention seeking fanny, FFS. Isn't there something else you could be busying yourself with?

Only thing I am bringing to attention is you being  boring negative old fart ............. FFS-  Every season we get the doom mongers- didn't realize an experienced poster like yourself had joined that Brigade  

Just won a league...................... be happy

Ryan Hardie wasn't good enough for us in the Championship but destroyed us last season ,and got a new contract at Ibrox.  Hippolyte , as far as St Mirren are concerned , is still a bit of an unknown quantity and should have had more of a chance before being offloaded !

I actually rated Hardie and would have preferred him to Reilly.

He certainly was an uknown quantity.

Hippo isn’t an unknown quantity at all.

He’s been with Livi and Falkirk for quite a while and Falkirk eventually got shot of him.

My Livi supporting mate didn’t rate him either.

Hippo wasn’t good enough for us. He’ll be one that divides the Dunfermline fans’ opinions.