4 told they can leave

Well obviously the manager disagrees with you. Had his chance pre season obviously hasn't taken it,
Am I bothered.................. always thought it was a strange signing.......

He had his chance with Jack Ross as well and didn’t take it.

If he couldn’t get a game for us in the Championship, do folk really think he was going to set the top flight on fire?

He wasn’t even good enough for Falkirk FFS!

He was a last minute signing to provide cover for the run in to last season. Nothing more.

12 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

If he couldn’t get a game for us in the Championship, do folk really think he was going to set the top flight on fire?

He was a last minute signing to provide cover for the run in to last season. Nothing more.

Totally agree- yet some on here use it to bash Stubbs ----

12 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I actually rated Hardie and would have preferred him to Reilly.

He certainly was an uknown quantity.

Hippo isn’t an unknown quantity at all.

He’s been with Livi and Falkirk for quite a while and Falkirk eventually got shot of him.

My Livi supporting mate didn’t rate him either.

Hippo wasn’t good enough for us. He’ll be one that divides the Dunfermline fans’ opinions.

Hardie gets a strangely raw deal from much of our support. He was joint top scorer for what little time he was with us, despite being in and out of the team constantly and certainly looked like he could have done something, but Jack wanted something different, and it worked out perfectly for us.

I agree that Hippo didn't get a real chance in terms of playing games, but he has been assessed by two managers in training and deemed not good enough for a starting place by one, in a lower division, and not good enough to fill a squad place by the other. All the best to him, no hard feelings, but I hardly think we'll miss him.

Hardie gets a strangely raw deal from much of our support. He was joint top scorer for what little time he was with us, despite being in and out of the team constantly and certainly looked like he could have done something, but Jack wanted something different, and it worked out perfectly for us.
I agree that Hippo didn't get a real chance in terms of playing games, but he has been assessed by two managers in training and deemed not good enough for a starting place by one, in a lower division, and not good enough to fill a squad place by the other. All the best to him, no hard feelings, but I hardly think we'll miss him.

It’s actually baffling when you think about it that we had Mallan, Morgan, McAllister, Naismith, Hardie, Mackenzie, even Baird, yet we were bottom of the second tier!

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Judging by the quality of this post, I'm guessing that you don't have sufficient cognitive capacity to keep up with Love Island.

To be fair, Love Island is quite difficult to follow, on account of the amount of bed hopping and the fact everyone on it looks and sounds the same.

4 hours ago, Maboza said:

I thought Hippolyte would have been a good signing but you could quickly see that he doesn't have the desire to make it as a top footballer. His workrate, decision-making and attitude all looked like they fell short of what is required.  It didn't fit in with the team last year so is no surprise that we're getting rid of him. 

Good decision in my opinion. 

Agree with all of this. Looked good against us, though my thoughts were that JR possibly regretted signing him when he seen his work ethic on a day-to-day basis. Should have been an impact player regardless of it being off the bench or from starting, never quite lived up to his 'hype'olite in the short space of time he was with us.

9 minutes ago, Hendo said:

To be fair, Love Island is quite difficult to follow, on account of the amount of bed hopping and the fact everyone on it looks and sounds the same.

I've not had the pleasure (of Love Island or bed hopping), so can't really comment. DougJamie would struggle to keep up with the old test card, though.

55 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Not just that, part of the reason for signing him was as a potential replacement for Morgan - also the reason for his limited game time with us. 

It’s far from certain whether he’d have been a success in the top flight but only @djchapsticks  :clapping:notworthy had him down as one of those likely to be moved on by Stubbsy. 

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

It’s actually baffling when you think about it that we had Mallan, Morgan, McAllister, Naismith, Hardie, Mackenzie, even Baird, yet we were bottom of the second tier!

Ye canny win anything it with kids alone. 

Edited by pod

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Maybe not, they were both  in Stuart Dicksons All Time Worst Five Saints Players list! :rolleyes:

Edited by Bud the Baker

Disappointed with Hippolyte's impending departure , didn't get a chance under  Ross either , until the league was won. Feeling uneasier by the day with the way Stubbs is running things , trying to remain positive , but we need another 4/5 players of proven ability  imo !

4 or 5? We have lost 15 and brought in 7. We need 8. We are lacking all over the place

Not just that, part of the reason for signing him was as a potential replacement for Morgan - also the reason for his limited game time with us. 

God help us if a Falkirk reject was supposed to be Morgan’s replacement!

Hippo can play in any attacking position. It wasn’t just Morgan keeping him out, it was Smith, Mullen and Flynn!

Indeed, he was struggling to compete with Reilly and Sutton on the bench!

He’s a championship player. Hence why he’s just joined a Championship side.

Put it this way. If Hippo had stayed at Falkirk last season and Stubbs was signing him now, I bet there would be an even bigger meltdown! [emoji23]

God help us if a Falkirk reject was supposed to be Morgan’s replacement!

Hippo can play in any attacking position. It wasn’t just Morgan keeping him out, it was Smith, Mullen and Flynn!

Indeed, he was struggling to compete with Reilly and Sutton on the bench!

He’s a championship player. Hence why he’s just joined a Championship side.

Put it this way. If Hippo had stayed at Falkirk last season and Stubbs was signing him now, I bet there would be an even bigger meltdown! [emoji23]

We would need £5m to replace Morgan. One off that lad

6 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

FFS, a meltdown cos Hippolyte is leaving! emoji23.png

I don't think any meltdown is happening because of anyone leaving. It's obvious our recruitment is either not going to plan or Stubbs is going to consign us to a Tommy Craig - like season. For a club being promoted into the premiership most managers would have signed one or two players with experience of our new league. Paul McGinn is the only one with regular first team experience at this level and other than that we are back to taking a punt on loan signings, players stepping up from academies and part-time non-league players.

I didn't rate Hippolyte when Ross signed him - given that by that stage we were looking certainties for promotion and Hippolyte has been a Kai Quitongo type player for several seasons (1 or 2 amazing games a season and much of the rest of the season looking bog standard Championship level)... did Jack Ross really think he would do a decent job for us in the premiership?

For me Hippolyte's departure is a signal that a day before our first competitive game of the season Stubbs doesn't rate half of the squad he inherited from Jack Ross to do us a turn at our new level, and the worry is all our signings are of the type all making a step up to regular first team football at this level.

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I don't think any meltdown is happening because of anyone leaving. It's obvious our recruitment is either not going to plan or Stubbs is going to consign us to a Tommy Craig - like season. For a club being promoted into the premiership most managers would have signed one or two players with experience of our new league. Paul McGinn is the only one with regular first team experience at this level and other than that we are back to taking a punt on loan signings, players stepping up from academies and part-time non-league players.

I didn't rate Hippolyte when Ross signed him - given that by that stage we were looking certainties for promotion and Hippolyte has been a Kai Quitongo type player for several seasons (1 or 2 amazing games a season and much of the rest of the season looking bog standard Championship level)... did Jack Ross really think he would do a decent job for us in the premiership?

For me Hippolyte's departure is a signal that a day before our first competitive game of the season Stubbs doesn't rate half of the squad he inherited from Jack Ross to do us a turn at our new level, and the worry is all our signings are of the type all making a step up to regular first team football at this level.

Is it really?

Or it could be that Stubbs is taking his time and getting the right players in and like our opposing manager, is treating tonight's game as a warm up for the league campaign.

As has been pointed out before, Stubbs has good recruitment record, unlike Craig.

Lots of different ways of looking at matters.

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Where have you seen us play to come to that assumption ? 

There is is big clue in the statement below....see if you can spot it.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

We on the other hand are playing our first match together, competitive or otherwise. 

I think you are underestimating the impact of a cohesive team who are used to playing together and have gelled.