4 told they can leave

20 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

God help us if a Falkirk reject was supposed to be Morgan’s replacement!

Hippo can play in any attacking position. It wasn’t just Morgan keeping him out, it was Smith, Mullen and Flynn!

Indeed, he was struggling to compete with Reilly and Sutton on the bench!

He’s a championship player. Hence why he’s just joined a Championship side.

Put it this way. If Hippo had stayed at Falkirk last season and Stubbs was signing him now, I bet there would be an even bigger meltdown! emoji23.png

Funnily enough he was another player Stuart Dickson used to belittle on a regular basis. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Drew said:

I wouldn't be so sure that you are in the minority.

In fairness to Stubbs, he will stand or fall by his decisions, so at least he is demonstrating that he isn't afraid to do things his way and make big calls.

Whilst I'm looking forward to seeing what these young guys can do, we have to be able to compete from day one, and I reckon it would have been good to have had a couple of more seasoned campaigners brought in with some experience of the game in Scotland to give the squad a bit more balance.

There's nothing to say that won't happen, right enough.

I agree with the last sentence Drew. Early. Days and the money from the expected John McGinn still to come....I hope.

51 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

There is is big clue in the statement below....see if you can spot it.

I think you are underestimating the impact of a cohesive team who are used to playing together and have gelled.

Not me I have wrote I don't expect to win where as you have us getting a thrashing words to that affect.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion mine is Stubbs is no fool he knows who he has signed too much nickerwetting going on. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Not me I have wrote I don't expect to win where as you have us getting a thrashing words to that affect.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion mine is Stubbs is no fool he knows who he has signed too muck nickerwetting going on. 

I'm certainly not knickerwetting. I'm on record as saying I'm OK with losing the cup games as long as we're good to go in the league.

Perhaps I'm in the ,minority here but I'm a touch worried with what Stubbs is doing. I know he has to build a squad to compete in the premier but he's letting some decent players go and replacing them with unknown quantities. I know we have to trust his judgement but it's all starting to look a bit chaotic. They might be brilliant but we still haven't had the chance to see them yet tonight could be interesting. But after last season Ross will be a hard act to follow.
Id say the likes of Stelios, Eckersley, Liam Smith etc were all relativley unknown perhaps apart from JR and they done fine. Maybe add Reilly in as hed done hee haw for 2 years.

Isma, Junior, Yardley, Dorman immediately spring to mind as more unknowns. Sometimes they do the business.

Guys like Kello, Djemba2 and Mo Camara who were all known failed and possibly cost more weekly.

Id rather our players seen us as somewhere to grow and do well, maybe get a bigger move etc than somewhere to park their ego for a year or so.

3 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Stubbs saying pre-match 4 or 5 in next week all being well, with ‘one or two of them that will excite the fans’

No dwelling on who’s gone for me.

Be sure to let us know when you get that feeling next week.:whistle

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Kilmarnock have had a total personnel turnover of about one or two bodies. They are exceptionally settled and one of the best teams in the country. 

We one the other hand are playing our first match together, competitive or otherwise. 

I hate to go all Elvis on everyone but I reckon we're in for an absolute hiding tonight. 

Sorry yee  had no faith :P

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I'm absolutely delighted to be wrong on this. Definitely surprised there was so much understanding all over the park, particularly with the back 4 who were strangers in a competitive environment. 

I know you are a big Saints fan we all are absolutely delighted I'm sure we all are. 3 big signings inbound according to Stubbs happy days. 

3 minutes ago, HSS said:

Absolutely no chance of that,he'll be too busy playing for sellic.

Aye, was just chatting to a couple of Celtic supporting neighbours. Neither want or expect Lewis to go out on loan. He seems to be making quite an impact at his new club.

17 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Anybody notice anything about this pic? Hadrian would be proud.

nvMTFv5.jpg

Ha! Wouldn't read too much into it, though. The new (mostly English) guys are likely to gravitate towards one another, with the more established squad members sticking together. It natural human behaviour.

It's early days, and they are professional members of a squad. I'm sure they will gel in due course.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Ha! Wouldn't read too much into it, though. The new (mostly English) guys are likely to gravitate towards one another, with the more established squad members sticking together. It natural human behaviour.

It's early days, and they are professional members of a squad. I'm sure they will gel in due course.

Yeah, I was more amused than anything - and McGinn looks like he's heading to Coulson as the pic is taken. Just made me smile :thumbs2