4 told they can leave

2 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Yeah and the fact theirs no Reilly or Morgan to do the running to help cammy has nothing to do with just all Stubbs fault for destroying the club and morale

I don't agree. Give the man a break. Big news....New Manager makes changes and not all players are happy! Happens everywhere.  With the exception of Morgan, the club is in a better position than at the end of last season with further improvement in playing personnel to come. Get behind the manager. He knows what is expected. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Jeez oh... for the umpteenth time McKenzie has been approached by clubs wanting to sign him but he has turned them down as he states he cant sign for a club with an artificial pitch, his body just cant take it! So Stubbzi letting him go makes perfect sense, why keep a player and tie up a wage when you know as well as his injury history he will miss at a minimum six games!

Theres a difference between not wanting to sign for a club with a plastic pitch and never being able to play on a plastic pitch at all. 

I can understand him not wanting to play on one every 2nd week as it could aggravate and cause injuries over time. He is more than able to play on it a handful of times over a season. 

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I don't agree. Give the man a break. Big news....New Manager makes changes and not all players are happy! Happens everywhere.  With the exception of Morgan, the club is in a better position than at the end of last season with further improvement in playing personnel to come. Get behind the manager. He knows what is expected. 

#whoosh

Am I not right in saying that Eck and Mackenzie were told that their playing time would be limited this season and they were free to look for another club?

At no point have both been told they must leave the club as far as I’m aware.

Stubbs has simply been honest with them and gave them an option that suits both parties.

St. Mirren have had many great players over the years. Guys who are still revered as legends even decades later.

Adam fcuking Eckersley played 24 games last season. He missed 12 through injury.

He was a decent Championship defender when not injured.

He’ll be completely forgotten about in 12 months time, if not sooner.

Jesus, this is almost as bad as the Eddie Malone melt down.

Almost.

St. Mirren have had many great players over the years. Guys who are still revered as legends even decades later.

Adam fcuking Eckersley played 24 games last season. He missed 12 through injury.

He was a decent Championship defender when not injured.

He’ll be completely forgotten about in 12 months time, if not sooner.

Jesus, this is almost as bad as the Eddie Malone melt down.

Almost.

Agree with this.

Has anyone watched any games this season and thought... what we are really missing here is Adam Eckersley? 🤨

Agree with this.

Has anyone watched any games this season and thought... what we are really missing here is Adam Eckersley? 🤨
Not Stubbs.. I doubt he knows Eckersleys first name!

In the press conference he said he wanted to clear something up about "Gary Mackenzie and Eckersley"!

That was sarcasm used mate in reply to a post.

Guest TPAFKATS
Wait a minute.

Stubbs has destroyed team morale by announcing that Mac and Eck can go.

But it was okay for JR to release Stelios and Sutton?
Sutton retired so I guess it was okay to release him [emoji3]

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Sexist and ageist in one fell swoop! emoji23.pngemoji12.png

I was aiming for a full frothing at the mouth meltdown of the PC brigade but they appear to be learning. :lol:

Anyway, Twitter, like Facebook and Instagram etc.  was marketed squarely at teenagers. Its pretty embarassing for adults to be using it for glorified gossiping and general wittering pish. "Social media". Give me a f**king break. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

I was aiming for a full frothing at the mouth meltdown of the PC brigade but they appear to be learning. :lol:
Anyway, Twitter, like Facebook and Instagram etc.  was marketed squarely at teenagers. Its pretty embarassing for adults to be using it for glorified gossiping and general wittering pish. "Social media". Give me a f**king break. :lol:

Indeed

Ya big girl’s blouse

As the squad stands, we are in for some doings in first 6 games.

Marquee signing comment retracted, scraping about for loans who have no loyalty towards our club,so lets hope they at least have pride if/when they arrive.

Thankfully though was only expecting 9 points from first 4 games. default_biggrin.png