4 told they can leave

1 minute ago, whydowebother said:

As the squad stands, we are in for some doings in first 6 games.

Marquee signing comment retracted, scraping about for loans who have no loyalty towards our club,so lets hope they at least have pride if/when they arrive.

Thankfully though was only expecting 9 points from first 4 games. default_biggrin.png

None. 

None. 

Joking aside, it’s not great to start the league season in our state.

Not interested in excuses or ah buts etc, we truly need 4-6 Just to get healthy numbers before we even think about their quality.

That said , we’re not alone in this as some say, but I don’t give a f**k about other teams situations, it’s ours that need solutions.

We may well concede around 12-15 goals in first 6 games, while hoping our midfield can chip in.

Looking forward to it regardless though, so fingers crossed for first 6 games.

Not interested in excuses or ah buts etc, we truly need 4-6 Just to get healthy numbers before we even think about their quality.

That said , we’re not alone in this as some say, but I don’t give a f**k about other teams situations, it’s ours that need solutions.

We may well concede around 12-15 goals in first 6 games, while hoping our midfield can chip in.

You guys are really getting boring now you could of atleast waited till this time tomorrow when the 1st league game would of actually been played

You guys are really getting boring now you could of atleast waited till this time tomorrow when the 1st league game would of actually been played

Aye, ok , sorry ....

Look, highlighted the state of affairs as they currently stand, but still positively looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

Put the dummy back in and get a grip.

Aye, ok , sorry ....

Look, highlighted the state of affairs as they currently stand, but still positively looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

Put the dummy back in and get a grip.

What makes you the expert on the squad, aye give it a by or if not happy don’t go [emoji6]

Before the season kicks off its v clear the recruitment needs to be stepped up . We will not survive if we don’t bolster this squad with proven spl players. The bottom line is that gone is the top six patter of spring why? Because that cost cash and we seem to be really struggling if there’s only room for two more? Yes after selling Morgan , our management and having great season ticket sales compared to before we let 20 go and now we have room for two?  How? 

5 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Before the season kicks off its v clear the recruitment needs to be stepped up . We will not survive if we don’t bolster this squad with proven spl players. The bottom line is that gone is the top six patter of spring why? Because that cost cash and we seem to be really struggling if there’s only room for two more? Yes after selling Morgan , our management and having great season ticket sales compared to before we let 20 go and now we have room for two?  How? 

The only answer to this can be the cost of Stubbs and his backroom staff, it's baffling as the guys brought in will hardly be on top dollar.

14 hours ago, whydowebother said:

We have a team that can complete I'm confident of that for today. Sure the more players you have the more competition you have that is the way Stubbs works. Looking back at our previous managers some only had a first team  squad of 18 players. Having a good player for each position is good for big clubs who's players are on good money. Further down the food chain it's harder for clubs like us. A striker will come in while Stubbs wants more width and pace so an interesting couple of weeks ahead.  Looking forward to today's game , as long as I see effort and hard work I will be happy win or lose.  

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

We have a team that can complete I'm confident of that for today. Sure the more players you have the more competition you have that is the way Stubbs works. Looking back at our previous managers some only had a first team  squad of 18 players. Having a good player for each position is good for big clubs who's players are on good money. Further down the food chain it's harder for clubs like us. A striker will come in while Stubbs wants more width and pace so an interesting couple of weeks ahead.  Looking forward to today's game , as long as I see effort and hard work I will be happy win or lose.  

Agreed.

I don’t think with the squad as it is, we should place too much emphasis on the first 6 games as I was eluding to earlier.

Naturally getting off to a good start is great and not playing catch up so soon is what we want to avoid.

Good effort, hard work and hey, we might surprise ourselves.

Looking forward to it.

Agreed.

I don’t think with the squad as it is, we should place too much emphasis on the first 6 games as I was eluding to earlier.

Naturally getting off to a good start is great and not playing catch up so soon is what we want to avoid.

Good effort, hard work and hey, we might surprise ourselves.

Looking forward to it.

Changed your mind now? Good lad [emoji38]

56 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We have a team that can complete I'm confident of that for today.

Ian , we're not even close to having a team who will compete over a long hard season. We have a squad with relegation written all over it ! We/Stubbs , have only three weeks or so to put that right !

19 minutes ago, billyg said:

Ian , we're not even close to having a team who will compete over a long hard season. We have a squad with relegation written all over it ! We/Stubbs , have only three weeks or so to put that right !

Disagree Billy we are short of a striker. We have a very strong in midfield. defence may need cover. Stubbs is talking about width and pace presumably wingers ? Only time will tell Billy I'm not overly worried at ( this time ) 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Disagree Billy we are short of a striker. We have a very strong in midfield. defence may need cover. Stubbs is talking about width and pace presumably wingers ? Only time will tell Billy I'm not overly worried at ( this time ) 

We'll revisit this in a few weeks , hopefully you're right. I have my doubts !

We dont have a squad capable at the moment. We have a midfield but we are weak at the back and upfront. We also lack pace. However I think the squad will change before the end of the window giving us the quality we need. 

Capable of what?

Getting a result against a premiership side ?

We got a draw away at Kilmarnock one of the toughest games in the premiership last season.