4 told they can leave

26 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

With the benefit of hindsight, what have the 4 who were told they could leave done this season?

Clear troll comment. Mac and Eck long-term injured and everyone knows that, seems pretty clear they would have featured if fit this season. McShane also gotten himself injured and only recently back fit. To ask what they've done this season in the situation is pointless.

As for the point from previous poster, I still think Coulson has something to contribute. 

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Probably not.

Now you can answer mine. emoji16.png

Looks like @bazil85has beaten me to it. They've done nothing, but three of them are injured. McShane may have a part to play if we lose McGinn for any period. I think most are hoping Eck can come back in some capacity once fit to do so.

Clear troll comment. Mac and Eck long-term injured and everyone knows that, seems pretty clear they would have featured if fit this season. McShane also gotten himself injured and only recently back fit. To ask what they've done this season in the situation is pointless.

As for the point from previous poster, I still think Coulson has something to contribute. 

Clear troll comment.

Mac and Eck have been injury prone their entire careers. Seems pretty clear that their long term injuries were predictable.

Stewart hasn’t played for his new club while McShane was already being used sparingly JR anyway.

To ask what they’ve done this season is to the point.

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Looks like @bazil85has beaten me to it. They've done nothing, but three of them are injured.

But 2 of them are injury prone - hence why they were told they could leave. Is it any surprise that they have been injured all season?

And the reserve keeper hasn't even played for his new club!

Whatever can be said about Stubbs' signings, he was clearly correct when he told this 4 that they could leave!

Edited by Wendy Saintss

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

But 2 of them are injury prone - hence why they were told they could leave. Is it any surprise that they have been injured all season?

Whatever can be said about Stubbs' signings, he was clearly correct when he told this 4 that they could leave!

I suspect the remaining  three are going to hear that tune again v soon.

Teams always need to evolve so players need to move on or be moved on.

It is the managers job to make sure that moving people on does not have a negative impact on his team. The way he went about it had a negative impact on the team and the fans.

Probably because he hadn't earned enough trust to replace them with better players.

Effectively he couldn't manage the change.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:43 AM, Wendy Saintss said:

Clear troll comment.

Mac and Eck have been injury prone their entire careers. Seems pretty clear that their long term injuries were predictable.

Stewart hasn’t played for his new club while McShane was already being used sparingly JR anyway.

To ask what they’ve done this season is to the point.

As I said, clear troll comment. People know the injury problems Mac and Eck have faced yet our previous manager still seen them fit to have contract lengths into this season. Mac even got an extension for this season. To say 'what they've done' is in no way to the point. It's extremely harsh on them both given their injuries. 

Stewart away, don't think anyone disagreed with that so again referring back to what hes done is trolling. If you had said just 'What has McShane done,' I could almost see your point but again he's struggled with injuries.  

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

As I said, clear troll comment. People know the injury problems Mac and Eck have faced yet our previous manager still seen them fit to have contract lengths into this season. Mac even got an extension for this season. To say 'what they've done' is in no way to the point. It's extremely harsh on them both given their injuries. 

Stewart away, don't think anyone disagreed with that so again referring back to what hes done is trolling. If you had said just 'What has McShane done,' I could almost see your point but again he's struggled with injuries.  

Yes, I agree. Your post was a clear troll comment. As is this one.

The previous manager was wrong with regards to Mac & Eck IMO. Both players are injury prone and the new manager decided to let them go. The fact they are injured vindicates Stubbs' decision. Mac only started 14 league games last season and Eck missed a third of the season. Even then, it was the most games that Eck has ever managed in a season in his career!

I didn't say that anyone disagreed with letting Stewart go, so again, your comment is trolling.

With regards to McShane, you mentioned the previous manager when talking about Eck & Mac and the previous manager had ditched McShane and had already signed a new midfielder before he left. So the previous manager wasn't keen and the new manager wasn't keen, and he a target for many boo boys on this forum - but hey, I'm not allowed to say that Stubbs was correct in deciding he could go! Yet another clear troll comment.

The problem with your trolling Brazil is that your not very good at it.

Edited by Wendy Saintss

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Yes, I agree. Your post was a clear troll comment. As is this one.

The previous manager was wrong with regards to Mac & Eck IMO. Both players are injury prone and the new manager decided to let them go. The fact they are injured vindicates Stubbs' decision.

I didn't say that anyone disagreed with letting Stewart go, so again, your comment is trolling.

With regards to McShane, you mentioned the previous manager when talking about Eck & Mac and the previous manager had ditched McShane and had already signed a new midfielder before he left. So the previous manager wasn't keen and the new manager wasn't keen, and he a target for many boo boys on this forum - but hey, I'm not allowed to say that Stubbs was correct in deciding he could go! Yet another clear troll comment.

The problem with your trolling Brazil is that your not very good at it.

Is that you doing another 'Ok' spin post? Not like you at all. 

Would he have given them contracts if he knew about the injuries they would have had? Probably not but you can't call him 'wrong' for that. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. The story broke on Stubbs decision before how serious their injuries were so you are in fact 'wrong' about that. 

I didn't say you did, just pointing it out. 

Like I say, I can see the point if you were mentioning just McShane but the way you positioned your post (as usual) was clear trolling, to get a reaction, so well done. 

To take one from your playbook, your last sentence seems to suggest you agree with me that you are trolling.  

I don't really have a problem with Stubbs deciding guys like Eckersley and Mackenzie aren't good enough. They're likeable guys and they played a role in us winning the league by a mile last season, but if the manager decides they're not good enough for the top league then so be it.

The problem was that Stubbs decided they weren't good enough then brought in replacements that were clearly much worse, likely resulting in the remaining players from last season realising he was clueless and had no eye for a player capable at this level.

On 10/3/2018 at 6:58 PM, Hambud said:

Teams always need to evolve so players need to move on or be moved on.

It is the managers job to make sure that moving people on does not have a negative impact on his team. The way he went about it had a negative impact on the team and the fans.

Probably because he hadn't earned enough trust to replace them with better players.

Effectively he couldn't manage the change.

Fair comment Hambud

Guest TPAFKATS
I don't really have a problem with Stubbs deciding guys like Eckersley and Mackenzie aren't good enough. They're likeable guys and they played a role in us winning the league by a mile last season, but if the manager decides they're not good enough for the top league then so be it.

The problem was that Stubbs decided they weren't good enough then brought in replacements that were clearly much worse, likely resulting in the remaining players from last season realising he was clueless and had no eye for a player capable at this level.
This

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Our last 2 signings are players their previous clubs didnt feel good enough.....

Shit happens , and its only what Oran and Gus think now that matters................ 

Also very fair comment.

The past is gone. The thread though is about the potential fate of the 4 players.

The injury record for both Gary and Eck would cause most managers to ponder their fate..tough indeed..but that is life in football.

We have an enviable record of treating injured players well.

Stewart has gone so is out of this equation.  

McShane now has an opportunity to impress.

Decisions to be made by Oran.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Is that you doing another 'Ok' spin post? Not like you at all. 

Would he have given them contracts if he knew about the injuries they would have had? Probably not but you can't call him 'wrong' for that. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. The story broke on Stubbs decision before how serious their injuries were so you are in fact 'wrong' about that. 

I didn't say you did, just pointing it out. 

Like I say, I can see the point if you were mentioning just McShane but the way you positioned your post (as usual) was clear trolling, to get a reaction, so well done. 

To take one from your playbook, your last sentence seems to suggest you agree with me that you are trolling.  

Yet another clear troll post.

Foresight is an more wonderful thing than hindsight. You look at what happened before and then make a judgement on what you might think might happen in the future. The manager looked at the injury record's of Mac & Eck IMO and decided they could go based on that. He was clearly correct.

I have never said anything in relation to the timing of when the story broke and how serious their injuries were..... basically cos its irrelevant! I'm therefore not sure about how I can be 'wrong' about something I never said in the first place! :blink:

You then go on to say that you're pointing out something that you say I didn't say? :blink:

You're all over the place now Brazil. To take one from your playbook, every single sentence you have posted suggest you agree with me that you are trolling.

31 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
52 minutes ago, JM1 said:

This

Agreed.

Absolutely that.

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Yet another clear troll post.

Foresight is an more wonderful thing than hindsight. You look at what happened before and then make a judgement on what you might think might happen in the future. The manager looked at the injury record's of Mac & Eck IMO and decided they could go based on that. He was clearly correct.

I have never said anything in relation to the timing of when the story broke and how serious their injuries were..... basically cos its irrelevant! I'm therefore not sure about how I can be 'wrong' about something I never said in the first place! :blink:

You then go on to say that you're pointing out something that you say I didn't say? :blink:

You're all over the place now Brazil. To take one from your playbook, every single sentence you have posted suggest you agree with me that you are trolling.

So are you saying we shouldn't of had Mac and Eck for the 2017/18 winning season even though they both played a massive part in it? Are you basically saying no one should ever take a chance on these players again? And I'm the troll... Nae bother. 

Yet again, he made the call BEFORE knowing how serious the injuries were. Eck is nearly back fit and if he stays that way, will likely feature as could Mac when he's back. You've done yourself here in that Stubbs as much as said if they were fit they would play. I believe his exact words were 'I would love to play them' so he backtracked on his decision.  

How's it irrelevant when your whole point is that Stubbs was right based on something he didn't know when he said they could leave? :huh:

Twisting my words don't make fact, I've told you this before. I can tell it hasn't went in. I said if you made comment ONLY on McShane I could see the point to an extent. Twist, twist, spin, spin

As always my point remains consistent. You using the same old tricks that have never worked in the past, only confirms what everyone already knows. You're on here just for a troll. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

So are you saying we shouldn't of had Mac and Eck for the 2017/18 winning season even though they both played a massive part in it? Are you basically saying no one should ever take a chance on these players again? And I'm the troll... Nae bother. 

Yet again, he made the call BEFORE knowing how serious the injuries were. Eck is nearly back fit and if he stays that way, will likely feature as could Mac when he's back. You've done yourself here in that Stubbs as much as said if they were fit they would play. I believe his exact words were 'I would love to play them' so he backtracked on his decision.  

How's it irrelevant when your whole point is that Stubbs was right based on something he didn't know when he said they could leave? :huh:

Twisting my words don't make fact, I've told you this before. I can tell it hasn't went in. I said if you made comment ONLY on McShane I could see the point to an extent. Twist, twist, spin, spin

As always my point remains consistent. You using the same old tricks that have never worked in the past, only confirms what everyone already knows. You're on here just for a troll. 

Two Trolls don't make a right.. as it were.