4 told they can leave

1 minute ago, Julian Banjos said:

....which is completely unprofessional. A St Mirren employee posting something ambiguous which has caused a shitstorm to the detriment of the club. He has done himself no favours in this.

It's a double edged sword ! Sure it probably is unprofessional , but maybe he feels it's his only chance of getting it out there if the club are being economical with the truth !

13 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Yeah and the fact theirs no Reilly or Morgan to do the running to help cammy has nothing to do with just all Stubbs fault for destroying the club and morale

Balderdash ! Cammy's best spell was when Reilly was out the team. He was all over the pitch wanting the ball during the run in , he's hiding at the moment , and his head is down.

Balderdash ! Cammy's best spell was when Reilly was out the team. He was all over the pitch wanting the ball during the run in , he's hiding at the moment , and his head is down.

[emoji23][emoji23] what about that guy Lewis Morgan didn’t he help team mates out by being in the squad or was he just holding cammy back like Reilly

30 minutes ago, billyg said:

As a well paid employee of the club, he'd better get his arse in gear and work hard , stop hiding and get his head up.

He seemed to manage fine against Kilmarnock, where he had an excellent game.

10 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Finding the #teameck abit embarrassing on Twitter what about team stelios team Sutton the list could go on about players that have served us well.

All it would achieve is bad blood between supporters and manger.

Should be #teamstmirren

If their is any truth in the rumours then they are 2 grown men let them sort it between themselves there is no loyalty in football if eck has a better offer on the table than St Mirren he’d jump at it.

Well said mate.  embarrassing indeed. very few players have ever shown any loyalty to our club. let the manager manage as he sees fit, the jobs hard enough as it is

38 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Wait a minute.

Stubbs has destroyed team morale by announcing that Mac and Eck can go.

But it was okay for JR to release Stelios and Sutton?

Managers make decisions.  in the process they "upset" some players and they please others. Players for their part are expected to give 100 per cent as PROFESSIONALS.  They are of course human like the rest of us and take rejection badly.  There are two ways to handle it as a player.  Buckle down,  work hard and take an opportunity to play well if it comes or look for the exit.  No player should be allowed to brief against the team,  manager or club. We would always be better without players like that.  So come on Eck and Mac and show us what you are made of. 

Adam Eckersley is a fully grown man not a 14 year old girl.

He has been told to find another club. Stubbs simply could not have been clearer. Adam should get off f**king Twitter and invest all his time and energy in finding a new club. Creating shitstorms with another Saints employee on the open internet is worthy of a formal written warning. His own manager has said he is injured. His career here is over. End of story. Why are we even discussing this FFS?

As others have said, he would have jumped if a better offer had come in last year.

Jeez oh... for the umpteenth time McKenzie has been approached by clubs wanting to sign him but he has turned them down as he states he cant sign for a club with an artificial pitch, his body just cant take it! So Stubbzi letting him go makes perfect sense, why keep a player and tie up a wage when you know as well as his injury history he will miss at a minimum six games!

havent had it confirmed yet but i suspect the same may be true of Eckersley? Aside from that Eckersley was OK at Championship level, but certainly not worth the risk in the Premiership. We need better, fitter players to be able to compete. stubbzo has accepted that, McKenzie seems to have, Eckersley would be best advised to hold his own councel and try and draw less attention that might put off others willing to sign him.

12 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

The truth is the first victim in a battle. The second is that strategy has to change. The important issue is that the BOD support the manager. Reasons behind the situation with at least two of the four were clear. They (Ross GK and McShane) were not considered to be Premiership players.  I thank them for their contribution to last season's championship win. The other two (MacKenzie and Eckerslie ) are different.  Both capable but both suspect on the injury front. Personally ,it would be understandable that some players and a new manager don't gel.  The only winner there can be the manager.  Unavailable for selection would be my tale on this. For what it's worth.

Agreed. I couldnt care less about the rumours, the gossip or the reasons behind what has happened.

Stubbs has publicly said that Adam can leave. Nothing else is of interest to me. I dont care about the Twitter nonsense, whether he is injured or not or anything else. Adam is finished at the club unless he can find a new job ir agree a pay off or find a way to change Stubbs' mind. If Adam's continued presence is killing morale then he should be put on gardening leave today.

It's a shame it has ended like this but no way is Eck more important than Saints.

Position

1st choice

2nd choice

3rd choice

4th choice

5th choice

6th choice

7th choice

8th choice

Goalkeeper

Samson

Rogers

Left back

Coulson

Eckersley

Centre back

Baird

Kpekawa

Heaton

MacKenzie

Right back

McGinn

Left mid

Centre mid

McGinn (C)

Magennis

Willock

Macpherson

McShane

Kirkpatrick

Erhahon

Kellermann

Right mid

Flynn

Attacking mid

C. Smith

Jeff King

Striker

Mullen

Cooke

Stewart

Put this together to get an idea of our squad depth.. Would say the priority is to get a left mid and a right back, as we have zero cover and players playing out of their natural position, as it stands. Not sure on the new boy Willock , someone mentioned he can play wide, not sure if true

I am surprised very few on here seem to be grasping how devasting to for morale and respect in the dressing room this issue must be.  You can actually see the evidence on the park of how the team has been impacted by Stubbs leadership skills so far.  Some are just choosing to look the other way here I guess....
Not sure people are choosing to look the other way they are choosing to remember there are two sides to every story.

Your post is reminiscent of a certain "tick tock" post of 20 months ago.

He certainly appears to be questioning the announcement of it in the tweet I posted above.
Even if he is not injured, being told to leave after a training camp ("but lets not judge Stubbs on league cup games") and then Stubbs saying he would love to play him but "he can still go" is shoddy treatment.  Stubbs doesn't seem to be coming across as trustworthy here. We have also had Gavin Reilly dispute his version of events regarding the contract that was, or wasn't sitting on the table.
I'm very frustrated by it as Eckersley and Reilly are much better players than those Stubbs has brought in, and it seems the feel good factor of last season was destroyed here through poor management.
Jack ross made it clear to john Sutton he could go yet still played him. Ffs

1 minute ago, Hambud said:

Your post is reminiscent of a certain "tick tock" post of 20 months ago.

Expect it isn't anything like it, is it?

The issues I am highlighting here are happening, and clearly impacting upon the team which has made a frankly embarrassing start to the season.

As our Chairman saw fit to give Stubbs a three year contract I obviously hope he does well & will be supporting the team fully come 3pm.

The purpose of a forum is to discuss matters related to the team & club - at the moment my opinion is Stubbs needs to be doing a hell of a lot better.

4 minutes ago, Hambud said:
2 hours ago, Kemp said:
He certainly appears to be questioning the announcement of it in the tweet I posted above.
Even if he is not injured, being told to leave after a training camp ("but lets not judge Stubbs on league cup games") and then Stubbs saying he would love to play him but "he can still go" is shoddy treatment.  Stubbs doesn't seem to be coming across as trustworthy here. We have also had Gavin Reilly dispute his version of events regarding the contract that was, or wasn't sitting on the table.
I'm very frustrated by it as Eckersley and Reilly are much better players than those Stubbs has brought in, and it seems the feel good factor of last season was destroyed here through poor management.

Jack ross made it clear to john Sutton he could go yet still played him. Ffs

Jack Ross gave Sutton a chance first. FFS.

Jack Ross signed players capable of competing at the level we were at it, more than adequate replacements for the players he released.

24 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Position

1st choice

2nd choice

3rd choice

4th choice

5th choice

6th choice

7th choice

8th choice

Goalkeeper

Samson

Rogers

Left back

Coulson

Eckersley

Centre back

Baird

Kpekawa

Heaton

MacKenzie

Right back

McGinn

Left mid

Centre mid

McGinn (C)

Magennis

Willock

Macpherson

McShane

Kirkpatrick

Erhahon

Kellermann

Right mid

Flynn

Attacking mid

C. Smith

Jeff King

Striker

Mullen

Cooke

Stewart

Put this together to get an idea of our squad depth.. Would say the priority is to get a left mid and a right back, as we have zero cover and players playing out of their natural position, as it stands. Not sure on the new boy Willock , someone mentioned he can play wide, not sure if true

Makes for grim reading, particularly with the likes of King and Cooke so close to #1.  I do think Willock can play out wide though.

41 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Position

1st choice

2nd choice

3rd choice

4th choice

5th choice

6th choice

7th choice

8th choice

Goalkeeper

Samson

Rogers

Left back

Coulson

Eckersley

Centre back

Baird

Kpekawa

Heaton

MacKenzie

Right back

McGinn

Left mid

Centre mid

McGinn (C)

Magennis

Willock

Macpherson

McShane

Kirkpatrick

Erhahon

Kellermann

Right mid

Flynn

Attacking mid

C. Smith

Jeff King

Striker

Mullen

Cooke

Stewart

Thanks for creating this. 

Take Eckersley,  MacKenzie., McShane and Stewart out and things become even clearer.

Take out Kirkpatrick.. Injured and the fact that our young midfield up and coming star will be brought on slowly. 

Needs are

Left back / left mid / left winger

Strikers. 

Edited by St.Ricky

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Thanks for creating this. 

Take Eckersley,  MacKenzie., Flynn and Stewart out and things become even clearer.

Take out Kirkpatrick.. Injured and the fact that our young midfield up and coming star will be brought on slowly. 

Needs are

Left back / left mid / left winger

Strikers. 

Why take out Flynn, have I missed something ?