Jump to content

Stockholmbud

4 told they can leave

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, DLBud said:

 

 


Billy, I’m disappointed how things have been playing out too but you seem to be taking this harder than anyone else. You’re starting to look for things that may or may not be there. There is enough shit going right now without any conjecture making it worse.

 

I'm disappointed too , and having supported this club for 50 years, I'm not going to sit back and watch a clueless buffoon tear the heart out of the team . The BOD are watching the same guff as we are  , both on and off the park. Thing is , it really isn't coming as any surprise ! Totally wrong (type of) appointment for a club looking to get a foothold back in the top league. ! It's not conjecture either btw , the whole episode is there for all to see .

Edited by billyg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam appears to be calling Jimbo out for saying he's injured , when it sounds like he isn't ! Big , big problems by the look of it , and the silence from the club speaks volumes too.
Yeah I get that. You just wonder if Jimbo thought he was doing the right thing as that is what he believed or not. Can only assume it was what he had been told.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hambud said:
1 hour ago, billyg said:
Adam appears to be calling Jimbo out for saying he's injured , when it sounds like he isn't ! Big , big problems by the look of it , and the silence from the club speaks volumes too.

Yeah I get that. You just wonder if Jimbo thought he was doing the right thing as that is what he believed or not. Can only assume it was what he had been told.

Absolutely. Jimbo's not at fault , but Adam taking a wee chance to get it out there without making a meal of it !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Hambud said:
1 hour ago, billyg said:
Adam appears to be calling Jimbo out for saying he's injured , when it sounds like he isn't ! Big , big problems by the look of it , and the silence from the club speaks volumes too.

Yeah I get that. You just wonder if Jimbo thought he was doing the right thing as that is what he believed or not. Can only assume it was what he had been told.

can only assume that the club want to keep a lid on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billyg said:

I'm disappointed too , and having supported this club for 50 years, I'm not going to sit back and watch a clueless buffoon tear the heart out of the team . The BOD are watching the same guff as we are  , both on and off the park. Thing is , it really isn't coming as any surprise ! Totally wrong (type of) appointment for a club looking to get a foothold back in the top league. ! It's not conjecture either btw , the whole episode is there for all to see .

Well done on your 50 years Billyg, similar to myself.........

now lets go back about 15 days when you were telling all us lesser mortals how you liked what Stubbs was doing.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Well done on your 50 years Billyg, similar to myself.........

now lets go back about 15 days when you were telling all us lesser mortals how you liked what Stubbs was doing.....

It wasn't 15 days , it was 10 days , just before the mighty Spartans. At that time I was believing his sound bites about new players and I was encouraged , as we all were. Turns out it was a load of pish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Drew said:

There is an absolutely bizarre exchange happening on Twitter just now between Eckersley, Top Man Jimbo, and a few Saints supporters (one of them actually asked Eckersley if Stubbs is a fud:blink:).  Even Dougie McNeil has joined in.

Less than edifying, it has to be said.

 

and someone posting saying Eckersley has knocked back an offer from the club to rip up his contract with a payment worth less than a quarter of the remaining contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suggest that the club hires in the services of a PR type consultant, as things appear somewhat out of control at the minute, should 2 employees be discussing company business (injuries) on social media, does the club have procedures for this, furthermore AS looks as if he could do with some media coaching!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

I would suggest that the club hires in the services of a PR type consultant, as things appear somewhat out of control at the minute, should 2 employees be discussing company business (injuries) on social media, does the club have procedures for this, furthermore AS looks as if he could do with some media coaching!!

Why pay for the hire of a consultant, use the money to pay off player. :whistle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would suggest that the club hires in the services of a PR type consultant, as things appear somewhat out of control at the minute, should 2 employees be discussing company business (injuries) on social media, does the club have procedures for this, furthermore AS looks as if he could do with some media coaching!!
Is this really what we want to spend more budget on? I understand the need but at what cost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just sense the need for some controls to be put in place, there’s an old saying “don’t wash your dirty linen in public”. Of course these ‘issues’ get magnified if the team appears not to be doing well, a couple of signings with a few good results and everything will be rosy again......I hope!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RichardBuddie said:

I just sense the need for some controls to be put in place, there’s an old saying “don’t wash your dirty linen in public”. Of course these ‘issues’ get magnified if the team appears not to be doing well, a couple of signings with a few good results and everything will be rosy again......I hope!!

We have a media officer, surely that’s their role?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder how the Stubbs interview went...

Look Gordon, Tony, I'm going to go to sign players from English Non League football to compete in the SPL.

I'll tell the fans 2 big signings are on the way long before the deal is over the line and when it doesn't happen I'll say its difficult out there at the moment in the market.

I will tell 3 senior player (all under contract) that they have no future at the club creating unrest and destroying team spirit that has been the catalyst to St Mirren's success over the last 2 years.

I'll take the players to Spain and have absolutely no structure to the day and no real plan.

In my interviews I'm going to sound as if I really  couldn't care less and have as much personality and charisma as a cold fish supper.

I have no idea how I want to play the game or what formation I will play so don't be surprised if we can't beat amateur teams like Spartans and Queens Park.

Thanks Alan...have a THREE year contract!!!

Worrying doesn't even begin to describe the situation we are in just now. Feel good factor destroyed in just a few weeks and almost 4000 season ticket holders who bought their tickets before this whole debacle started shat on from a great height!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aldo_j said:

We have a media officer, surely that’s their role?

Not sure what they can do about individual social media accounts but rest assured there will been contact from the media officer or even GS or TF to pull them up for these comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Wonder how the Stubbs interview went...

Look Gordon, Tony, I'm going to go to sign players from English Non League football to compete in the SPL.

I'll tell the fans 2 big signings are on the way long before the deal is over the line and when it doesn't happen I'll say its difficult out there at the moment in the market.

I will tell 3 senior player (all under contract) that they have no future at the club creating unrest and destroying team spirit that has been the catalyst to St Mirren's success over the last 2 years.

I'll take the players to Spain and have absolutely no structure to the day and no real plan.

In my interviews I'm going to sound as if I really  couldn't care less and have as much personality and charisma as a cold fish supper.

I have no idea how I want to play the game or what formation I will play so don't be surprised if we can't beat amateur teams like Spartans and Queens Park.

Thanks Alan...have a THREE year contract!!!

Worrying doesn't even begin to describe the situation we are in just now. Feel good factor destroyed in just a few weeks and almost 4000 season ticket holders who bought their tickets before this whole debacle started shat on from a great height!

 

I'll go back to last season about this time... we got pumped 5-0 by Partick Thistle. While we obviously won't go on win the league this year i thinks it's just a wee bit premature to write us off just yet. Surely we're not all saying now that GS and TF haven't got a scoobie what they're doing? I think it is only fair we give AS a wee bit more time to get the team sorted before we crucify the guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

. Surely we're not all saying now that GS and TF haven't got a scoobie what they're doing? I think it is only fair we give AS a wee bit more time to get the team sorted before we crucify the guy.

I'm saying they got lucky with the appointment of JR and have made a roaring c**t of it this time ! 3 years FFS !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I'll go back to last season about this time... we got pumped 5-0 by Partick Thistle. While we obviously won't go on win the league this year i thinks it's just a wee bit premature to write us off just yet. Surely we're not all saying now that GS and TF haven't got a scoobie what they're doing? I think it is only fair we give AS a wee bit more time to get the team sorted before we crucify the guy.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I admire your optimism, I just don't share it. I note you do not argue with any of the points I make about our new manager. As for Tony and Gordon, I am sure they are seeing a lot more than we are. Lets hope they can help turn this round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, billyg said:

I'm saying they got lucky with the appointment of JR and have made a roaring c**t of it this time ! 3 years FFS !

So a successful managerial appointment is lucky and a bad one is a rip roaring c**t of it?

That makes no sense. They way I see it:

dismissing Rae - good move.

appointing Ross - success.

Stubbs - fans shitting their pants. Despite only being 6 or so weeks in to the job and the league not starting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...