David Nicol To Stand Down..........

HSS

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Am really glad you brought that up Ken, That`s had me scratching my head for sometime now ,  LPM was main Advocate on here for SMISA and the BtB campaign, supported admirable by the TSU fella, and Mr Dickson, and now they are its biggest critics,  THE ONLY SHOW IN TOWN,  was LPM`S mission statement,  {he had me at `THE ONLY`  i signed up}  but now SMISA can do nothing right... so am left wondering was he right then or is he right now, which one do you think Ken ?  

He was right then, 100%, BTB is by far the best way forward for our football club and the stronger SMISA are the better it'll be long-term. 

• 2 months later...

20 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

SMiSA will be in a position to buy out GLS in summer 2022 , so should be pushing to get more directors on the board in December 2021 at the AGM .

Are they happy this current board are going to put yet another salaried Director on the books? 

It shouldn't really make too much of a difference to SMiSA at the moment, it doesn't affect the buy-out price or conditions. It will also give time to see if it is a role that works, is cost effective and/or adds value over a period of time.

Once the club is under fan ownership they can re-shape the club and board if they desire

On 9/13/2018 at 1:11 PM, WeeBud said:

It shouldn't really make too much of a difference to SMiSA at the moment, it doesn't affect the buy-out price or conditions. It will also give time to see if it is a role that works, is cost effective and/or adds value over a period of time.

Once the club is under fan ownership they can re-shape the club and board if they desire

Agree with this, it was always going to be the case that SMISA wouldn't have control over club decisions like this until BTB completed.

Got to remember as well, director is just a senior job title. It'll be salaried like TF  and won't be taking a % of profits. If we want to get rid after the takeover, there isn't any real barriers. 

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

There should be candidates by now or are the SMiSA board just going to appoint  someone from their board?

No there will be an election process as there was with David. Not stepping down until end of the year and it's only October, not surprised we haven't heard further yet, plenty of time. 

18 hours ago, bazil85 said:

No there will be an election process as there was with David. Not stepping down until end of the year and it's only October, not surprised we haven't heard further yet, plenty of time. 

end of the year 2018

or

End of the year 2018/19 football season?

If it is the latter, all well and good. If it's the former, starting to cut it a bit fine for folk who might fancy putting themselves forward to be getting sorted, promoting themselves to the wider membership etc unless, SMISA have in mind, who their preferred candidate is and leaving it to the last minute is less likely to jeopardise that or perhaps, they just don't think it warrants preplanning and think last minute is a perfectly fine way to conduct such important business.

2 hours ago, Graeme Aitken said:

end of the year 2018

or

End of the year 2018/19 football season?

If it is the latter, all well and good. If it's the former, starting to cut it a bit fine for folk who might fancy putting themselves forward to be getting sorted, promoting themselves to the wider membership etc unless, SMISA have in mind, who their preferred candidate is and leaving it to the last minute is less likely to jeopardise that or perhaps, they just don't think it warrants preplanning and think last minute is a perfectly fine way to conduct such important business.

The announcement was 'end of the year' I'd imagine it means calendar year and if it was season it would have said season but that's just a guess. Don't think it's been confirmed any further. 

If people are interested, they need to be members of SMISA so I don't think it's cutting it fine necessarily to declare intent. I'd also maybe say, in regards to promoting themselves, it shouldn't start until the campaign for fairness so this approach might be best. 

They might have a preferred candidate but I imagine as before they'll stay neutral and let the candidates do their own campaigning.  It is still only October, any voting process would likely only take a couple weeks tops for a small organisation. 

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The announcement was 'end of theb year' I'd imagine it means calendar year and if it was season it would have said season but that's just a guess. Don't think it's been confirmed any further. 

If people are interested, they need to be members of SMISA so I don't think it's cutting it fine necessarily to declare intent. I'd also maybe say, in regards to promoting themselves, it shouldn't start until the campaign for fairness so this approach might be best. 

They might have a preferred candidate but I imagine as before they'll sutay neutral and let the candidates do their own campaigning.  It is still only October, any voting process would likely only take a couple weeks tops for a small organisation. 

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha, ha,.................

yeah just keep it neutral and let the candidate, smisa, the chef exec and chairman do the campaigning... what a laugh...!

The announcement was 'end of the year' I'd imagine it means calendar year and if it was season it would have said season but that's just a guess. Don't think it's been confirmed any further. 
They might have a preferred candidate but I imagine as before they'll stay neutral and let the candidates do their own campaigning.  It is still only October, any voting process would likely only take a couple weeks tops for a small organisation. 
Ahh, you see. There is a fair few SMISA members living outwith Paisley and its surrounding areas.

Last time, i made my pick of the 3 candidates based on the one I had heard of more. I didn't know any of them in the slightest and couldn't base my pick on a 500 word gambit.

It isn't a political campaign but there needs to be something more than a 500 word essay/introduction of

"pick me, i've supported St Mirren all my life and I'll represent the people"

I think the membership deserve to have a wee bit more info to make their choices.

There is a very visible lack of transparency at SMISA purely by the failure to produce any minutes from any meeting other than the AGM''s.

I still prefer your halcyon picture of all things bright and beautiful than mine of little confidence.
But nothing coming from them is not supporting your arguments.

56 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha, ha,.................

yeah just keep it neutral and let the candidate, smisa, the chef exec and chairman do the campaigning... what a laugh...!

What are you on about? At least usually when you spin it has a very slight link to the point. This is just garbage. 

32 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

Ahh, you see. There is a fair few SMISA members living outwith Paisley and its surrounding areas.

Last time, i made my pick of the 3 candidates based on the one I had heard of more. I didn't know any of them in the slightest and couldn't base my pick on a 500 word gambit.

It isn't a political campaign but there needs to be something more than a 500 word essay/introduction of

"pick me, i've supported St Mirren all my life and I'll represent the people"

I think the membership deserve to have a wee bit more info to make their choices.

There is a very visible lack of transparency at SMISA purely by the failure to produce any minutes from any meeting other than the AGM''s.

I still prefer your halcyon picture of all things bright and beautiful than mine of little confidence.
But nothing coming from them is not supporting your arguments.

Yeah I agree more information is always better. But don't shoot down what they'll do before we know. I'd also say as long as it's fair that's the most important part for me. 

Are most SMISA meetings not open meetings for any member to request to attend?

Yeah I agree more information is always better. But don't shoot down what they'll do before we know. I'd also say as long as it's fair that's the most important part for me. 
Are most SMISA meetings not open meetings for any member to request to attend?
Bazil,
Living in London, attending SMISA meetings is not on my list of must do's however, I am interested in what discussions are had and of how decisions are made for things like, what goes on the 3 month spend ballot, etc.

It's the failure to provide/offer minutes to the membership and in particular, the lack of transparency for far flung buds who are actually interested in how decisions are made concerning their investment. Whether it be the premium, not so premium or the 2 shekkel members.

Here's hoping it isn't lastminutedotcom and folks have more than the 500 word essay to base their choice on.

51 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

What are you on about? At least usually when you spin it has a very slight link to the point. This is just garbage. 

Either you know nothing about smisa, or you are desperately trying to cover up for the sham that was the last Director election?

tell us which, and why? We'll get a good laugh at this.

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Either you know nothing about smisa, or you are desperately trying to cover up for the sham that was the last Director election?

tell us which, and why? We'll get a good laugh at this.

In what way, shape or form was it a sham. As I said on the previous post, SMISA members are free thinking. Individuals put themselves forward for election, someone was voted in. 

I know your mind is automatically set to there being zero positives about SMISA and very few about SMFC but you simply can't back-up the claim it was a 'sham' as you can't back-up the majority of what you post. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

In what way, shape or form was it a sham. As I said on the previous post, SMISA members are free thinking. Individuals put themselves forward for election, someone was voted in. 

I know your mind is automatically set to there being zero positives about SMISA and very few about SMFC but you simply can't back-up the claim it was a 'sham' as you can't back-up the majority of what you post. 

I knew you wouldnt let us down... lol

so to remind you, and its all available on here, at the last election four people i think were put forward to the vote. Gordon came out on social media to tell everyone who he wanted David, who was a shoeing anyway) and Tony backed that up. And given Gordon has a veto on who ever smisa memebrs vote for, why the f**k didnt he just chose his man and save the other candidates, the members and smisa all the unnecessary time, money and bother?

these are the type of elections that UN observers piss themselves laughing at!

p.s. It will be interesting to see who and how many (might just be Gordon's man) people put themselves up for election given it will be a foregone conclusion on who gets the gig? 

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I knew you wouldnt let us down... lol

so to remind you, and its all available on here, at the last election four people i think were put forward to the vote. Gordon came out on social media to tell everyone who he wanted David, who was a shoeing anyway) and Tony backed that up. And given Gordon has a veto on who ever smisa memebrs vote for, why the f**k didnt he just chose his man and save the other candidates, the members and smisa all the unnecessary time, money and bother?

these are the type of elections that UN observers piss themselves laughing at!

p.s. It will be interesting to see who and how many (might just be Gordon's man) people put themselves up for election given it will be a foregone conclusion on who gets the gig? 

GLS and TF specifically said 'We want David Nicol' or a similar expression? I don't remember this. Again, SMISA members voted as they wished, they picked DN and that's that. I remember no unfair advantage. In fact I actually remember one candidate only joined SMISA so he could run, that was the reason I didn't consider them.

You continually belittle your fellow supporters on here, you always have done and always will do I imagine. Like it or not, some of us recognise that we are all adults, capable of making informed choices. 

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

GLS and TF specifically said 'We want David Nicol' or a similar expression? I don't remember this. Again, SMISA members voted as they wished, they picked DN and that's that. I remember no unfair advantage. In fact I actually remember one candidate only joined SMISA so he could run, that was the reason I didn't consider them.

You continually belittle your fellow supporters on here, you always have done and always will do I imagine. Like it or not, some of us recognise that we are all adults, capable of making informed choices. 

I'm gonna let this run a whiles.... then mibbaes tomorrow post Gordon & Tony going public and calling for David to be voted on. Or maybe let it run a while longer, see how your Trumpesque approach to things you dont like carries on...

10 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I'm gonna let this run a whiles.... then mibbaes tomorrow post Gordon & Tony going public and calling for David to be voted on. Or maybe let it run a while longer, see how your Trumpesque approach to things you dont like carries on...

As a SMISA member I don't really care who gets on the board as long as they are a fit person doing what is best for the club.  If Gorden Scott has a preference  it's not a problem for me . It's better to have a board who do not disrupt proceedings to get things done. Don't take this the wrong way I could not see yourself or a Stuart Dickson type on the board. 

11 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Not found anything on Google, SMISA website or his updates. 

You'll notice I asked you a question if it was true, I didn't accuse you of making it up. Doh 

38 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

As a SMISA member I don't really care who gets on the board as long as they are a fit person doing what is best for the club.  If Gorden Scott has a preference  it's not a problem for me . It's better to have a board who do not disrupt proceedings to get things done. Don't take this the wrong way I could not see yourself or a Stuart Dickson type on the board. 

Gordon picks who he wants, then theres a vote, and guess who wins..? You might have no problem with that, but how on gods earth can that individual be seen as a independent representative of the fans/smisa members???

how many issues are you aware of where the smisa board rep has challenged decisions, strategy, organisation issues etc on behalf of the support? If you think getting someone in who wont insist his colleagues on the board give their best for the fans, (who are the club,) then.... you'll get exactly what you wish for!

as regards your last line, comedy gold! I see even you have fallen for the "well if someone challenges the club on issues then they must hate it, and therfore be Stuart Dickson!" That thinking is very much akin to the moronic masses who follow the bigot brothers in thinking.

just go with whatever old pony the club spew out, cause its  shellick,rangers, st murren and so it must be right?

for what its worth i left the smisa board because i could not sit and watch the membership being hoodwinked over how THEIR funds were be pillaged by the club, whilst a majority on the smisa board, and at the club insured that was the way it was going to be. There is no way on earth i would legitimise their actions by being part of them. There will eventually be a reckoning, there always is!

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Not found anything on Google, SMISA website or his updates. 

You'll notice I asked you a question if it was true, I didn't accuse you of making it up. Doh 

Tried the PDE yet, or club statements? Or just ask people on here!

you know I am surprised a big smisa man like you knows nothing of Gordon rigging the election for his pick?

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Tried the PDE yet, or club statements? Or just ask people on here!

you know I am surprised a big smisa man like you knows nothing of Gordon rigging the election for his pick?

Nope, feel free to share. Like I say it was a question not an accusation. 

Rigging :lol: no bother. yet again belittling SMISA members as free thinkers.