David Nicol To Stand Down..........

HSS

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Gordon picks who he wants, then theres a vote, and guess who wins..? You might have no problem with that, but how on gods earth can that individual be seen as a independent representative of the fans/smisa members???

how many issues are you aware of where the smisa board rep has challenged decisions, strategy, organisation issues etc on behalf of the support? If you think getting someone in who wont insist his colleagues on the board give their best for the fans, (who are the club,) then.... you'll get exactly what you wish for!

as regards your last line, comedy gold! I see even you have fallen for the "well if someone challenges the club on issues then they must hate it, and therfore be Stuart Dickson!" That thinking is very much akin to the moronic masses who follow the bigot brothers in thinking.

just go with whatever old pony the club spew out, cause its  shellick,rangers, st murren and so it must be right?

for what its worth i left the smisa board because i could not sit and watch the membership being hoodwinked over how THEIR funds were be pillaged by the club, whilst a majority on the smisa board, and at the club insured that was the way it was going to be. There is no way on earth i would legitimise their actions by being part of them. There will eventually be a reckoning, there always is!

Let's take one example. Both stands going to the old firm. There is a split opinion , that its bringing extra income to the club. Thats we dont give the extra stand by not moving our own fans. Are you suggesting the SMISA member comes back to its members to make the decision not the board ? The very people who understand the financial side of running the club  ? 

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Let's take one example. Both stands going to the old firm. There is a split opinion , that its bringing extra income to the club. Thats we dont give the extra stand by not moving our own fans. Are you suggesting the SMISA member comes back to its members to make the decision not the board ? The very people who understand the financial side of running the club  ? 

LPM lives in his own wee, warped, idealistic world. In that world SMFC and SMISA can do no right. 

42 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The irony of that one example you give is that is exactly the example Gordon Scott cited as an issue he would go to the smisa membership to consult on..! But then he went back on that, hence the upset at the very group of people (families/children) the club needs to sustain itself being kicked out of their seats with not a word of consultation.

who knows if Gordon had kept a promise he offered freely, that the membership may have come to the conclusion, given all the corroborated facts to support giving the OF the family stand for this season..? The membership may have proposed a different approach to promote and fill that stand with our own for the BIG games that actually get kids wanting to come along?

ultimately the board will always decide, thats their job, but Gordon made a promise he dropped at the first point of asking.

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think you need help mate. Theres been a lot of coverage in the media this week in support of people needing greater consideration.

Is this a round about way of saying you can't provide any evidence for your claim that GLS and TF unfairly backed DN in the election to the extent it was rigged?

Let's face it you have previous for this. 

17 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The irony of that one example you give is that is exactly the example Gordon Scott cited as an issue he would go to the smisa membership to consult on..! But then he went back on that, hence the upset at the very group of people (families/children) the club needs to sustain itself being kicked out of their seats with not a word of consultation.

who knows if Gordon had kept a promise he offered freely, that the membership may have come to the conclusion, given all the corroborated facts to support giving the OF the family stand for this season..? The membership may have proposed a different approach to promote and fill that stand with our own for the BIG games that actually get kids wanting to come along?

ultimately the board will always decide, thats their job, but Gordon made a promise he dropped at the first point of asking.

The story you're referencing is from 2016 before GLS had ever been the chairman of a football club. It was a news story and not an official board decision that a consolation would happen.  It was also before any fan led promises to guarantee the full West stand to St Mirren fans based on ticket sales. 

The fact that there is a small number of fans including yourself, that will continually use a slight error in judgement as ammunition says much more about them than it does GLS. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Is this a round about way of saying you can't provide any evidence for your claim that GLS and TF unfairly backed DN in the election to the extent it was rigged?

Let's face it you have previous for this. 

The story you're referencing is from 2016 before GLS had ever been the chairman of a football club. It was a news story and not an official board decision that a consolation would happen.  It was also before any fan led promises to guarantee the full West stand to St Mirren fans based on ticket sales. 

The fact that there is a small number of fans including yourself, that will continually use a slight error in judgement as ammunition says much more about them than it does GLS. 

You really are comedy gold. Please tell us how you are related to Gordon? If not i respect your right to brown nose. 

I wonder how much more of a seethe you can get on if I just let this play out for a few more days?

25 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You really are comedy gold. Please tell us how you are related to Gordon? If not i respect your right to brown nose. 

I wonder how much more of a seethe you can get on if I just let this play out for a few more days?

It's comedy gold because I don't constantly hold a clear grudge against someone for over two years that shows no sign of going away? Not being overwhelmingly negative = Brown nosing :rolleyes:

You are consistently negative about everything and anything SMISA related. They could donate a £10 million cheque to a disaster relief charity tomorrow and you'd complain about how long it takes to clear. 

I'm also assuming yet again you still have no evidence about the director election being 'rigged' I'll put it in the pile along with illegal activity at SMISA, subscribers being massively down after the £50k vote and BTB not being ahead of target. Probably a lot more of your fairy-tales if I went back.  

Edited by bazil85

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It's comedy gold because I don't constantly hold a clear grudge against someone for over two years that shows no sign of going away? Not being overwhelmingly negative = Brown nosing :rolleyes:

You are consistently negative about everything and anything SMISA related. They could donate a £10 million cheque to a disaster relief charity tomorrow and you'd complain about how long it takes to clear. 

I'm also assuming yet again you still have no evidence about the director election being 'rigged' I'll put it in the pile along with illegal activity at SMISA, subscribers being massively down after the £50k vote and BTB not being ahead of target. Probably a lot more of your fairy-tales if I went back.  

Luvin this... 

your starter for ten!

https://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/forum/13-smisa/

10 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
11 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

As a SMISA member I don't really care who gets on the board as long as they are a fit person doing what is best for the club.  If Gorden Scott has a preference  it's not a problem for me . It's better to have a board who do not disrupt proceedings to get things done. Don't take this the wrong way I could not see yourself or a Stuart Dickson type on the board. 

Gordon picks who he wants, then theres a vote, and guess who wins..? You might have no problem with that, but how on gods earth can that individual be seen as a independent representative of the fans/smisa members???

how many issues are you aware of where the smisa board rep has challenged decisions, strategy, organisation issues etc on behalf of the support? If you think getting someone in who wont insist his colleagues on the board give their best for the fans, (who are the club,) then.... you'll get exactly what you wish for!

as regards your last line, comedy gold! I see even you have fallen for the "well if someone challenges the club on issues then they must hate it, and therfore be Stuart Dickson!" That thinking is very much akin to the moronic masses who follow the bigot brothers in thinking.

just go with whatever old pony the club spew out, cause its  shellick,rangers, st murren and so it must be right?

for what its worth i left the smisa board because i could not sit and watch the membership being hoodwinked over how THEIR funds were be pillaged by the club, whilst a majority on the smisa board, and at the club insured that was the way it was going to be. There is no way on earth i would legitimise their actions by being part of them. There will eventually be a reckoning, there always is!

As a member of sod all and with NO AXE to grind other than when someone  (BIG CLUE ... YOU) comes across as so sanctimonious about what you think should be happening in a business belonging to someone else AND YET spell Gordon as Gorden, therefore as therfore, St Mirren as st murren,  can't be bothered with capitalisation, punctuation and stutters when using the question mark and doesn't ensure the club is insured!  NUFF said methinks.  B)

2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

I use the phone to type with one finger I'm a few months from being 60 year old  forgive the slip of the fingers.  Anyone on the board has to have an understanding of business.  Hard decisions have to be made in a financial seance. Not by the heart but reality if that means Gordon who has put up the cash picks out a few member's who in his opinion are fit for the board for a vote I personally have no problem with that. Being in business myself hard decisions have to be made to make things function.  That means you can't have someone running to the fans with every problem that arises it would not work. You need a level headed person that understands business and most importantly trust. If a situation arises where the club is put into jeprody then I would expect the SMISA board member to report to its members.  Feel free to attack my English  , punctuation  but not my common sense.  Just my opinion others are free to disagree.  

4 hours ago, cockles1987 said:
5 hours ago, jaybee said:
As a member of sod all and with NO AXE to grind other than when someone  (BIG CLUE ... YOU) comes across as so sanctimonious about what you think should be happening in a business belonging to someone else AND YET spell Gordon as Gorden, therefore as therfore, St Mirren as st murren,  can't be bothered with capitalisation, punctuation and stutters when using the question mark and doesn't ensure the club is insured!  NUFF said methinks.  B)

Gorden was written by IOBS emoji44.png

:wub: slight ............. very very slight apols to LPM

12 hours ago, jaybee said:

The business belongs to 1300 st mUrren fans. They are the only ones putting money into the club.

the selling consortium only agreed to the sale if the required number of saints fans signed up. They would not sell to Scott alone, but they would have sold their shareholding in its entirety to saints fans if we could have put a solid proposal together.

so who needs who in this deal?

10 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
22 hours ago, jaybee said:

The business belongs to 1300 st mUrren fans. They are the only ones putting money into the club.

the selling consortium only agreed to the sale if the required number of saints fans signed up. They would not sell to Scott alone, but they would have sold their shareholding in its entirety to saints fans if we could have put a solid proposal together.

so who needs who in this deal?

My understanding is that GS put 600K up front to buy the club, ergo he owns the club . YOU sir seem to live in a fantasy world were YOU think what YOU think is reality.  I sincerely worry that without someone such as GS at the helm people like YOU might gain credence and god help the buddies then.

14 hours ago, jaybee said:

My understanding is that GS put 600K up front to buy the club, ergo he owns the club . YOU sir seem to live in a fantasy world were YOU think what YOU think is reality.  I sincerely worry that without someone such as GS at the helm people like YOU might gain credence and god help the buddies then.

And therin lies the path to disaster and ruin. People so apathetic to the fact they or their fellow saints fans OWN 30%, yes today, now actually OWN 30% of St Mirren. But refuse to acknowledge that fact and the responsibility that goes along with it.

and in eight  short years or less the fans will own all the club, in fact the fans (smisa members) are the only people putting money into the club, and are committed to giving Scott back his money too! Its no fantasy, its all very real. And very soon it will get a whole lot more real.

On 10/13/2018 at 10:07 AM, Lord Pityme said:

And therin lies the path to disaster and ruin. People so apathetic to the fact they or their fellow saints fans OWN 30%, yes today, now actually OWN 30% of St Mirren. But refuse to acknowledge that fact and the responsibility that goes along with it.

and in eight  short years or less the fans will own all the club, in fact the fans (smisa members) are the only people putting money into the club, and are committed to giving Scott back his money too! Its no fantasy, its all very real. And very soon it will get a whole lot more real.

Fan ownership works perfectly well for a number of football and other sports clubs. Clubs with bigger, smaller and similar fan numbers to St Mirren. We'll be absolutely fine and it's nothing but positive that we're so far ahead of schedule. 

Not sure what the point is on putting money in. As pretty much throughout our whole history and with the vast majority of clubs at our level, we will run the club at cost. Spending what we make and no more. A bonus of fan ownership is we won't have owner/ owners taking a profit from the club as well which other clubs do. 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Fan ownership works perfectly well for a number of football and other sports clubs. Clubs with bigger, smaller and similar fan numbers to St Mirren. We'll be absolutely fine and it's nothing but positive that we're so far ahead of schedule. 

Not sure what the point is on putting money in. As pretty much throughout our whole history and with the vast majority of clubs at our level, we will run the club at cost. Spending what we make and no more. A bonus of fan ownership is we won't have owner/ owners taking a profit from the club as well which other clubs do. 

Hmmm?

well in last years accounts a new line appeared indicating directors were being paid. Wonder if it will be a significantly higher figure this year?

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hmmm?

well in last years accounts a new line appeared indicating directors were being paid. Wonder if it will be a significantly higher figure this year?

Was the director salary not TF? Can't think of anyone else it would be..

Can't see any evidence that it would be significantly  higher this year. Don't imagine you have any. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

TF, like CS are both club employees and paid in their respective job roles.

And 'Director' is a very generic expression utilised by organisations. It doesn't specifically have to mean remuneration for a company board director. You are just jumping to the most negative possibility as per usual.

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

And 'Director' is a very generic expression utilised by organisations. It doesn't specifically have to mean remuneration for a company board director. You are just jumping to the most negative possibility as per usual.

What's negative about it? There was a line on last years accounts for Directors Pay, which had not been there during the last board's tenure. Whats so difficult to understand in that line?

a couple of questions at the AGM would make it clear which directors were being paid. TF and CS will be paid in their respective employee roles, not as directors.