David Nicol To Stand Down..........

HSS

17 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

SMiSA also has a veto built into the contract as has GS buts not on the election of an individual  board member its about who is chairman of each business.

It's time members had full information  at their grasp before elections and AGM s if they are to run the club.

What information don’t we have that we require at this time? 

17 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

SMiSA also has a veto built into the contract as has GS buts not on the election of an individual  board member its about who is chairman of each business.

It's time members had full information  at their grasp before elections and AGM s if they are to run the club.

The influence Scott has over Smisa is almost dictatorial. You will find interviews where he states that "its good prospective smisa club board candidates have to spend time on the Smisa committee before being elected"

basically that is saying the next smisa club board rep is already picked, and is currently on the smisa board. Regardless of the fact much more better, equipped, knowledgeable, connected and business savvy potential candidates are not on the Smisa committee.

what this does, and its wholly intentional is put people, not on the Smisa committee off ever considering standing to be the fans board rep. And that is the biggest carve up in this whole sorry tale. Anyone electing  to put themselves forward now, who isnt on tne Smisa committee will be taking on the same odds as they would if they decided to go toe to toe with Putin in the Russian election.

53 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The influence Scott has over Smisa is almost dictatorial. You will find interviews where he states that "its good prospective smisa club board candidates have to spend time on the Smisa committee before being elected"

basically that is saying the next smisa club board rep is already picked, and is currently on the smisa board. Regardless of the fact much more better, equipped, knowledgeable, connected and business savvy potential candidates are not on the Smisa committee.

what this does, and its wholly intentional is put people, not on the Smisa committee off ever considering standing to be the fans board rep. And that is the biggest carve up in this whole sorry tale. Anyone electing  to put themselves forward now, who isnt on tne Smisa committee will be taking on the same odds as they would if they decided to go toe to toe with Putin in the Russian election.

It's not uncommon, in fact it's very regular that serving directors have to spend times on committees and in set roles before taking up positions in a company. SMFC are a business and is run as such. To call it dictatorial is pathetic. In saying that, we are weeks away from the election, can you name someone GLS has given an unfair advantage to? Your whole argument weighs on that. I can't even name one person wanting to stand. 

He specifically notes desired qualities when talking about the nomination period. Not going to mention that? 

The election process is one member one vote. Anyone who is a SMISA member can run and put together a campaign, there is zero evidence of GLS or anyone else hampering a campaign for anyone in the previous election and the same goes this time. Your negativity is completely unfounded. 

You are one of the worst kinds of supporters that see it as SMFC Vs SMISA. They are both one and the same, with a common goal. Once you appreciate that, you'll see how daft comparing a democratic election of paying members is to a dictatorship or Putin. 

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:40 AM, bazil85 said:

I think you might be talking about Non Executive Directors (NED) 

Directors can be employees of the company and be salaried. Not saying it is the case at the club but they can be. Like I say, we know GLS and DN do not take an income from the club and no one else takes profits currently. I imagine the £40k is very likely the way they do TF salary. It's been well commented on and never denied which it usually would be. 

No I'm not. it relates to all board appointed directors whatever their role. whether Executive or Non executive.

27 minutes ago, Radar said:

No I'm not. it relates to all board appointed directors whatever their role. whether Executive or Non executive.

A NED is an independent member of the board that can't hold any other position within the company to avoid conflict of interest. They can be remunerated  for their time but not draw a salary. A director on the BOD can hold a salary paying role (for example TF position at the club) 

This is what has led to many believing the £40k reflects TF wage. 

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I  have never intended sitting on the committee of either the fans council or Smisa due to constant bickering and backbiting by people who claim to have the best interests of the club at heart.I often despair listening to members of both belittling each other and even worse the splits in their own camps.The position of board member puts you up there to be shot at and i applaud anyone who takes this position as they will be branded Gordons puppet from the outset.I do not think for a minute that the position can or will be Gordons decision overall but i,m sure he would not allow the appointment any old muppet.Thats why i,m not running.

23 minutes ago, northendsaint said:

I  have never intended sitting on the committee of either the fans council or Smisa due to constant bickering and backbiting by people who claim to have the best interests of the club at heart.I often despair listening to members of both belittling each other and even worse the splits in their own camps.The position of board member puts you up there to be shot at and i applaud anyone who takes this position as they will be branded Gordons puppet from the outset.I do not think for a minute that the position can or will be Gordons decision overall but i,m sure he would not allow the appointment any old muppet.Thats why i,m not running.

Hopefully at least one guy will!

IMG_1727.GIF

1 hour ago, northendsaint said:

I'm not a member of SMISA for much the same reasons as you don't want to put your name forward for election.  It is what it is though and barring some currently unforeseen events then SMISA will assume ownership.  As a non member I don't expect to be listened to but would like to see greater moves towards closer working to develop the infrastructure and further develop the community use of the stadium and it's grounds.  A director with expertise in  these areas would perhaps be worth backing. 

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Only one poor soul willing to put their head above the parapet. David Riley finished way behind The chairmans choice last time. Caveat to this is the line highlighted! Were there other potential candidates that smisa/club ruled out???

Dear SMISA member

As you know, SMISA is currently electing our next representative on the St Mirren board – we are writing to you with the latest news on that, as well as a couple of other updates.

SMISA committee member David Nicol has done this role since 2016 but his two-year term as the SMISA representative is coming to an end.

This role is of crucial importance for St Mirren and SMISA – the successful candidate will be the key link between the club and the trust, while representing SMISA and the wider fanbase in major boardroom decisions.

At the same time, helping ensure a successful St Mirren is fundamental to what we do – so it is imperative we as a membership elect someone capable of working with the rest of the board to help take the club forward.

Last month we invited any members interested in the role to come forward. The deadline has now passed and we only received one eligible application, from David Riley.

David ran in the last election, and while he lost out to David Nicol at that time, he has stayed involved with SMISA over the past two years and has assisted the committee in our work.

We are required to hold a confirmation ballot for members to approve David’s election. If a majority do so, he will be elected. If not, the rules state a member of the SMISA committee will fill the role temporarily until such time as a fresh election can be arranged.

On our website, we have printed David’s 500-word election statement in which he details why he wants the job and believes he is qualified for it. There is also a short video where you can hear from David.

Your link to vote via secure online ballot will follow in a separate email but before you do so we recommend you read David’s statement and other election information on our website via this link.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Only one poor soul willing to put their head above the parapet. David Riley finished way behind The chairmans choice last time.

Dear SMISA member

As you know, SMISA is currently electing our next representative on the St Mirren board – we are writing to you with the latest news on that, as well as a couple of other updates.

SMISA committee member David Nicol has done this role since 2016 but his two-year term as the SMISA representative is coming to an end.

This role is of crucial importance for St Mirren and SMISA – the successful candidate will be the key link between the club and the trust, while representing SMISA and the wider fanbase in major boardroom decisions.

At the same time, helping ensure a successful St Mirren is fundamental to what we do – so it is imperative we as a membership elect someone capable of working with the rest of the board to help take the club forward.

Last month we invited any members interested in the role to come forward. The deadline has now passed and we only received one eligible application, from David Riley.

David ran in the last election, and while he lost out to David Nicol at that time, he has stayed involved with SMISA over the past two years and has assisted the committee in our work.

We are required to hold a confirmation ballot for members to approve David’s election. If a majority do so, he will be elected. If not, the rules state a member of the SMISA committee will fill the role temporarily until such time as a fresh election can be arranged.

On our website, we have printed David’s 500-word election statement in which he details why he wants the job and believes he is qualified for it. There is also a short video where you can hear from David.

Your link to vote via secure online ballot will follow in a separate email but before you do so we recommend you read David’s statement and other election information on our website via this link.

I'm not a member but don't quite understand what you are getting at. If you are a member then it seems that you were free to put your name forward but didn't.

The rules seem to be clear:

"We are required to hold a confirmation ballot for members to approve David’s election. If a majority do so, he will be elected. If not, the rules state a member of the SMISA committee will fill the role temporarily until such time as a fresh election can be arranged."

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm not a member but don't quite understand what you are getting at. If you are a member then it seems that you were free to put your name forward but didn't.

The rules seem to be clear:

"We are required to hold a confirmation ballot for members to approve David’s election. If a majority do so, he will be elected. If not, the rules state a member of the SMISA committee will fill the role temporarily until such time as a fresh election can be arranged."

That's not a rule I remember from the constitution. May be an agreed by a few, seen by a few rule. "We are required..." is f**king poor language, like a band putting out a contractually required album. David is a more than worthy candidate and will do a great job. He did lose last time, but then Gordon was interviewed on BBC Alba and gave David Nicol his public backing. 

Edited by TsuMirren

4 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

That's not a rule I remember from the consituation. May be an agreed by a few, seen by a few rule. "We are required..." is f**king poor language, like a band putting out a contractually required album. David is a more than worthy candidate and will do a great job. He did lose last time, but then Gordon was interviewed on BBC Alba and gave David Nicol his public backing. 

That's why I said Seem. 

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Was wondering how you could make this negative. 

- can’t say it’s favouritsim from GLS.

- can’t say they are promoting or hindering a single candidate. 

- cant claim the individual is simply a puppet giving he ran last time and lost. 

In a now familiar LPM claw clutch ‘what if there were other candidates that should have been put up?!’ 

Another clear contradiction from a person that only last week was putting process above vulnerable members of our community.

If they didn’t meet the detailed eligibility as per our process, surely they should be ruled out? Are you actually suggesting we change our process for this but not to support elderly members of our community in need!?

Amazing how you so openly change your viewpoint to continue the futile anti-SMISA campaign :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Was wondering how you could make this negative. 

- can’t say it’s favouritsim from GLS.

- can’t say they are promoting or hindering a single candidate. 

- cant claim the individual is simply a puppet giving he ran last time and lost. 

In a now familiar LPM claw clutch ‘what if there were other candidates that should have been put up?!’ 

Another clear contradiction from a person that only last week was putting process above vulnerable members of our community.

If they didn’t meet the detailed eligibility as per our process, surely they should be ruled out? Are you actually suggesting we change our process for this but not to support elderly members of our community in need!?

Amazing how you so openly change your viewpoint to continue the futile anti-SMISA campaign :rolleyes:

Yawn...

the valid question given the membership are being given no option, no choice is were there any others that applied, and if so, on what grounds were they deemed unacceptable?

I am sure the majority of Smisa members would want to know if there is/was anyone else, they! As the membership may want to consider to be their representative on the board.

you dont like this democracy thing do you? Scweaming fir a new vot because you didnt like the last one, and wanting to keep,it hushed if smisa are keeping info on potential candidates from the membership.

still i suppose it very possible no one else wanted anything to do with them, save David R, hence the growing apathy towards the whole set up, and its warped decision making.

Yawn...
the valid question given the membership are being given no option, no choice is were there any others that applied, and if so, on what grounds were they deemed unacceptable?
I am sure the majority of Smisa members would want to know if there is/was anyone else, they! As the membership may want to consider to be their representative on the board.
you dont like this democracy thing do you? Scweaming fir a new vot because you didnt like the last one, and wanting to keep,it hushed if smisa are keeping info on potential candidates from the membership.
still i suppose it very possible no one else wanted anything to do with them, save David R, hence the growing apathy towards the whole set up, and its warped decision making.

Looks like he was the only one who gained enough backing of 10 seconds or proposers.

12 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yawn...

So wait you’re saying we SHOULD change process regarding SMISA director eligibility and that’s a valid reason. but being in a position to donate money to a charitable cause that helps some of the communities most vulnerable is not worthy of a process change even when it still follows a democratic vote? (That won overwhelmingly by the way) Pathetic as usual.

I voted for the goals which won. What has been pointed out to you many times,  club benefits remain king. Just because an overwhelming number of people aren’t completely heartless in donating money to a good cause does not mean that view will change. 

Again it’s amazing how long you’re holding onto the blatant contradiction ‘SMISA is geered to only SMFC benefits’ ‘SMISA wanted the community option to win and are embarrassed’  

How do you know SMISA are withholding the information? Have you emailed to ask? When a business hires a new person or appoints a new CEO do they announce all the applicants that didn’t meet the criteria? You’re just making stuff up as usual to struggle to remain negative after all your pre-mentioned (wrong) assumptions haven’t come to pass. 

9 hours ago, alanb said:

BAZILLLL

It ain’t me, don’t worry. I’m not sure who the guy is but I wish him well if he gets in (which I imagine he will) 

He’ll have the backing of over 1,200 paying members though, don’t let LPM taking 3-5 commenters on here as a sign for ‘growing apathy’ for a deal that is over 30% ahead of target :rolleyes: