David Nicol To Stand Down..........

HSS

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Re, your second line! If by "whistleblowing process" you are referring to Dicko's ill fated attempt to get his subs back then once more you demonstrate you have no idea what you are talking about! Dicko did not inact the FCA's whistleblowers process, he made a personal complaint, and was re-directed to the supposedly independent arbitrator Supporters Direct.

the whistleblower process is for an issue, or issues that affect all or the vast majority of members. Not individual grievances.

the rest of your post is the usual inane drivel

From his comments, Dicko blew the whistle and detailed that he felt misled because they weren’t compliant with scheme rules.

FCA have a duty to investigate such claims. They did and said it was a matter of dispute NOT lack of compliance. If it was only about his subs, he should have done a DDI and I told him as much  

in reaching out to the FCA, if there was wrongdoing it would have been investigated. Very simple  

Good effort though. If you feel we’re genuinely breaking the law, you realise you are duty bound to report it right? Why haven’t you?  

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

From his comments, Dicko blew the whistle and detailed that he felt misled because they weren’t compliant with scheme rules.

FCA have a duty to investigate such claims. They did and said it was a matter of dispute NOT lack of compliance. If it was only about his subs, he should have done a DDI and I told him as much  

in reaching out to the FCA, if there was wrongdoing it would have been investigated. Very simple  

Good effort though. If you feel we’re genuinely breaking the law, you realise you are duty bound to report it right? Why haven’t you?  

Gotcha!

14 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

No no Tony, he's not directly involved at club or SMISA level. Thousands will back him up on that. 

The fact SMISA can't demonstra...ooooh chilling levels of deja vu! Literally no point continuing with the discussion. 

You’re right for once... it’s exactly like deja vu. 

Just like last time it was shown I am not directly linked with SMISA or the club and SMISA weren’t doing anything illegal. 

Maybe take your complaint to the ‘FSA’ though. Might need to ask Doc Brown for a hand with that one in the first instance though :rolleyes:

Edited by bazil85

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Fill your boots,

I have :D.

Lets see what the take on my proposal for the following option to be included in each and every future £2 quarterly spend pot votes.

• Option : The pot is saved for when the buds is bought.

As an option amongst the club related projects and community initiatives, it provides an option for folk like myself who want to see the money saved. If there is no appetite to save, fair enough, at least the option is there and I will not begrudge the wishes of the majority who vote.

If accepted, it's inclusion will offer a tangible pot the members know can grow to become a meaningful pot of cash for future use which will, benefit The Club we all support.

23 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You’re right for once... it’s exactly like deja vu. 

Just like last time it was shown I am not directly linked with SMISA or the club and SMISA weren’t doing anything illegal. 

Maybe take your complaint to the ‘FSA’ though. Might need to ask Doc Brown for a hand with that one in the first instance though :rolleyes:

What complaint? Another one man debate started by you. You keep going on like I was never "in the room", but you were.  You have never shown anything, I merely accepted it as very difficult to prove. Have I said they're doing anything illegal? In actual plain English mind you, not Bazglish.

Anyway, those club accounts are intriguing aren't they. 

What complaint? Another one man debate started by you. You keep going on like I was never "in the room", but you were.  You have never shown anything, I merely accepted it as very difficult to prove. Have I said they're doing anything illegal? In actual plain English mind you, not Bazglish.
The profit in them?
The renumerations?
The confidentialty clause around the McGinn sell on fee?

2 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

Lets see what the take on my proposal for the following option to be included in each and every future £2 quarterly spend pot votes.

As an option amongst the club related projects and community initiatives, it provides an option for folk like myself who want to see the money saved. If there is no appetite to save, fair enough, at least the option is there and I will not begrudge the wishes of the majority who vote.

If accepted, it's inclusion will offer a tangible pot the members know can grow to become a meaningful pot of cash for future use which will, benefit The Club we all support.

Won't happen, it's been raised in the past and there's no interest in it. Chances are it would lose anyway as the majority of  members feel they're just donating and the money should be for the club. Under that premise, I don't see why they don't just include it. So little risk with the reward of appearing to listen.

Won't happen, it's been raised in the past and there's no interest in it. Chances are it would lose anyway as the majority of  members feel they're just donating and the money should be for the club. Under that premise, I don't see why they don't just include it. So little risk with the reward of appearing to listen.
Cost me the construction of an email. I'll see what goes.

11 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

Sure does... I wouldn’t hold my breath for any money getting saved though tbh :P

9 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

So you don’t think they’ve done anything illegal? You’d be completely correct if that’s your thought process. 

They are indeed, I have to say I’m surprised at the increased personnel numbers and outgoings.

Still good to see we’ve turned a healthy profit. As long as we do that every year, not even the most hardened critic can complain... you’d think. 

4 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:
18 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
McGinn sell on wouldn’t be detailed in the accounts up to May? 

Its mentioned

Yeah but is the actual income value detailed in the income? If it’s only to May, why would they have revenue we didn’t get until end of August? 

I’m pretty sure it’s already had it’s eight hours haha 
It's been put to Smisa before and was put on 1 vote, maybe 2 but the way it was worded was save for a later date when it could be added to another pot.

I have proposed it saved until the buds is bought.

With the publication of St Mirren' accounts and it becomes known The Club has returned a good profit, who knows, it might provoke a change in minds about how SMISA members wants their money spent.

I can but hope, especially when Club accounts have demonstrated today. St Mirren doesn't need to dip SMISA coffers anymore.

54 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

48 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

I get where you are coming from Kenny. But its never actually been tried as a bespoke option before. The committee were always careful/sly in suggesting 'well its there as an option, if members dont chose the two/three/four options on the vote"

but smisa have been careful never to put it up front and centre as a "fully costed option by a member" its always been left as "this is what will happen if NO ONE votes for any of the others, which was/is never going to happen.

i would be happy to second it. Anyone else want to see this actually listed as an option n the vote?

13 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

It's been put to Smisa before and was put on 1 vote, maybe 2 but the way it was worded was save for a later date when it could be added to another pot.

I have proposed it saved until the buds is bought.

With the publication of St Mirren' accounts and it becomes known The Club has returned a good profit, who knows, it might provoke a change in minds about how SMISA members wants their money spent.

I can but hope, especially when Club accounts have demonstrated today. St Mirren doesn't need to dip SMISA coffers anymore.

It could, who knows. Important fact you’re possibly missing is the majority of voting members want to ‘dip SMISA coffers’ as you’ve put it. I know my mind certainly hasn’t changed with the accounts. 

Maybe something has changed but given the distance away previous options have been, it would need to be a massive fundamental change. I don’t see it but like I say, if I’m wrong and that’s the will of the majority, I’m happy 

I get where you are coming from Kenny. But its never actually been tried as a bespoke option before. The committee were always careful/sly in suggesting 'well its there as an option, if members dont chose the two/three/four options on the vote"
but smisa have been careful never to put it up front and centre as a "fully costed option by a member" its always been left as "this is what will happen if NO ONE votes for any of the others, which was/is never going to happen.
i would be happy to second it. Anyone else want to see this actually listed as an option n the vote?
As far as I know, it has never been put forward in this way and I have been very specific the option is added "to each and every future vote" to ensure, the option is to save and not be added to a future vote as it was put before.