Avoid PRW Today ( if you want to )

shull

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, thanks. :blink:

Fun in the Sun in my Cab today not.

Lots of drunken bigots demanding which Team I support then which school I attended, when they laughed and disagreed with my first answer. 

Scotland 2018 x

6 hours ago, shull said:

Lots of drunken bigots demanding which Team I support then which school I attended, when they laughed and disagreed with my first answer. 

Scotland 2018 x

Ye,  when you tell them, they ask again, who do really support. W**kers. 

From the Archdiocese of Glasgow today 

Orange Marches ... good for Scotland?

Yesterday evening after vigil Mass at St Alphonsus, Canon Tom White was meeting and greeting parishioners. 
An Orange march approached. 
Police - who had been guarding the church - were called away to deal with another nearby incident leaving the priest and parishioners defenceless. 
Canon White and parishioners were subjected to vile abuse ... ‘******** bastard’ being the most typical. 
The priest was spat upon. Spittle landed on the back of his head. He wiped it away. Another mouthful of thick spittle was spat into his eye socket. Again he wiped it away leaving his hand full of the vile liquid. 
He was then further insulted and lunged at by a man carrying a pole before police arrived to restore some kind of order.

Questions:
1. What kind of society is it that allows ministers of religion and church goers to be intimidated and attacked by a group which has a long history of fomenting fear and anxiety on city streets?
2. Why is the Orange Order still allowed to schedule its intimidating parades on streets containing Catholic Churches at times when people are trying to get in and out for Mass?

Answers please from Police Scotland and Glasgow City Council.

Every unprovoked assault and abuse is a hate crime. 

A person getting beaten up or verbally abused for say wearing the wrong trainers is exactly the same as an attack on a religious person. 

The attacker hates because of difference. 

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:05 AM, Slartibartfast said:

1. Why does it matter that the person was a minister of religion? The fact that he is a person should be enough.

2. You could have stopped that question after the first seven words.

These were questions posed by the Archdiocese. I'm sure they'll be ignored and we can all roll on with the indigenous protest-ants doing as they always do.

I had the misfortune to be in Glasgow Gordon Street circa 1030 on Saturday, then realise, hmm, its the last Saturday before the 12th , doh, then it dawned on me.

Its a long time since I've witnessed such hostility and a feeling of sheer intense intimidation in and around the City centre. It appeared that Friday night must have been fairly lively as well going by significant signs of damage to many pub seating areas and outdoor street furniture all strewn about.

Saturday, the place was full of what you could only describe as feral scum, neds young and old, the behaviour and numerous breaches of the peace on display were simply unreal. Mob mentality clearly to the fore and the drunkenness was unbelievable. Clearly a significant and noticeable Norn Oirish contingent as well.

The strangest thing about it all for me though is the way some participants of the walk actively go out their way to hassle and physically abuse anyone ( clearly tourists in one case ) who cross the road during gaps in the procession, yet the police idle along with the march seemingly oblivious to the rolling aggro just yards away from them as the anger, unpleasantness and abuse from fan boy followers  trails the march as it snakes through the streets.

What positives can assemblies like this possibly bring nowadays. From what I saw on Saturday that was a simple expression of bullying , bigotry, drunkenness and verbal unpleasantness  in full view of the Authorities and brought nothing but disorder and a feeling of unpleasantness. 

It really is an utter embarrassment in this day and age, but perhaps the inaction around the offensive and illegal behaviour on display is arguably  even worse.

I had the misfortune to be in Glasgow Gordon Street circa 1030 on Saturday, then realise, hmm, its the last Saturday before the 12th , doh, then it dawned on me.
Its a long time since I've witnessed such hostility and a feeling of sheer intense intimidation in and around the City centre. It appeared that Friday night must have been fairly lively as well going by significant signs of damage to many pub seating areas and outdoor street furniture all strewn about.
Saturday, the place was full of what you could only describe as feral scum, neds young and old, the behaviour and numerous breaches of the peace on display were simply unreal. Mob mentality clearly to the fore and the drunkenness was unbelievable. Clearly a significant and noticeable Norn Oirish contingent as well.
The strangest thing about it all for me though is the way some participants of the walk actively go out their way to hassle and physically abuse anyone ( clearly tourists in one case ) who cross the road during gaps in the procession, yet the police idle along with the march seemingly oblivious to the rolling aggro just yards away from them as the anger, unpleasantness and abuse from fan boy followers  trails the march as it snakes through the streets.
What positives can assemblies like this possibly bring nowadays. From what I saw on Saturday that was a simple expression of bullying , bigotry, drunkenness and verbal unpleasantness  in full view of the Authorities and brought nothing but disorder and a feeling of unpleasantness. 
It really is an utter embarrassment in this day and age, but perhaps the inaction around the offensive and illegal behaviour on display is arguably  even worse.

I was on YouTube having a gander (looking for highlights of last nights game) I spotted one item “12th July Benidorm March” ........unbelievable. It makes me ashamed to be Scottish when you see this. Bad enough in Scotland, but exporting that hatred to another country????
I want to know how the big fat guy got his drum on the plane [emoji85]

It is quite remarkable that we had, over this weekend, tens of thousands of people protest all over the country about the leader of the free world visiting this country yet when faced with actual, tangible, in your face hatred and bigotry, they are nowhere to be seen. Oh the irony.

16 minutes ago, melmac said:

It is quite remarkable that we had, over this weekend, tens of thousands of people protest all over the country about the leader of the free world visiting this country yet when faced with actual, tangible, in your face hatred and bigotry, they are nowhere to be seen. Oh the irony.

Feart

There would be trouble no ways about it