Europa League Thread 2018/2019

Cornwall_Saint

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Just watched the Aberdeen highlights

Isn’t it great to see a full stadium ?

Would love us to be able to do that regularly

Surprisingly there are still a few thousand left for the return match at Turf Moor.

Aberdeen will be backed by 2400 fans.

I'd love to go to this game.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-45214687

I’ve been on this forum a long time. I’ve heard a lot about co-efficients, a lot about money, a lot about how we should want Scottish clubs to win in Europe. I might post daft shite a lot of the time, but on at least one issue, I remain steadfastly stuck to my guns, and I’m not for changing my stance... fcuk the old firm. All day long.

Whoever is playing them, any time, anywhere, I want them to give the cnuts a doing. The sooner the scum get pumped out of Europe, the better.

Stabbings. Bottles. Riots with Wigan fans, trouble in Slovenia... and it’s still August.

• 2 weeks later...

Big news of the night: Dudelange, champions of Luxembourg, have qualified for the Europa League Group Stage.

They originally started in the Champions League qualifiers but were beaten 3-2 by Videoton (who were defeated by AEK Athens in the final qualifying round).

Their Europa League journey started in the weird new Champions losers route thingy where they defeated Kosovan champs Drita 3-2 on aggregate. The shock results followed next as they dumped Legia Warsaw out 4-3 on aggregate. Only CFR Cluj of Romania stood in their way now. The minnows won the home leg 2-0. The away leg took place today, and after a goalless first half the boys from Luxembourg burst into a 3-0 lead, going up 5-0 on aggregate. Cluj scored twice late on but Dudelange progress after taking the tie 5-2 on aggregate. This is a momentous moment for Luxembourg(ish?) football.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2018 at 11:04 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:

Big news of the night: Dudelange, champions of Luxembourg, have qualified for the Europa League Group Stage.

They originally started in the Champions League qualifiers but were beaten 3-2 by Videoton (who were defeated by AEK Athens in the final qualifying round).

Their Europa League journey started in the weird new Champions losers route thingy where they defeated Kosovan champs Drita 3-2 on aggregate. The shock results followed next as they dumped Legia Warsaw out 4-3 on aggregate. Only CFR Cluj of Romania stood in their way now. The minnows won the home leg 2-0. The away leg took place today, and after a goalless first half the boys from Luxembourg burst into a 3-0 lead, going up 5-0 on aggregate. Cluj scored twice late on but Dudelange progress after taking the tie 5-2 on aggregate. This is a momentous moment for Luxembourg(ish?) football.

What are your thoughts now Cornwall? 

32 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

What are your thoughts now Cornwall? 

Highly respectable result for Dudelange, who are actually 3rd bottom in the early stages of the league. I certainly wouldn't expect ourselves to hold AC Milan to a 1-0 loss in Paisley.

Hopefully they can go one better and get a result at some point in what is a remarkably difficult group.

The biggest danger for others is to underestimate them - to knock out both Legia Warsaw and CFR Cluj takes a decent team to manage that.

10 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Highly respectable result for Dudelange, who are actually 3rd bottom in the early stages of the league. I certainly wouldn't expect ourselves to hold AC Milan to a 1-0 loss in Paisley.

Hopefully they can go one better and get a result at some point in what is a remarkably difficult group.

The biggest danger for others is to underestimate them - to knock out both Legia Warsaw and CFR Cluj takes a decent team to manage that.

AC Milan are quality opposition. I'll  keep following your thread. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

As I said, you don't know what you're talking about. 

You live in your own simple world.................along with IOBS. :1eye

Dumb & Dumber remake with DJ as the body double? :lol:

You just can't help yourself.  Dangle a carrot and along comes the resident donkey... obedient as always.  Night. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

You just can't help yourself.  Dangle a carrot and along comes the resident donkey... obedient as always.  Night. 

Normal reply from a very limited individual........................sleep well.....................for about 10 years would do.  :byebye

Oh, how are AC Milan quality.......................#noidea. :lol:

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Normal reply from a very limited individual........................sleep well.....................for about 10 years would do.  :byebye

Oh, how are AC Milan quality...............w........#noidea. :lol:

Easy peasy F Man

Ever been in Milan?

Milan (AC) have won 48 Honours. 2nd Highest in Italy.

Lovely city by the way.

Edited by St.Ricky

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Easy peasy F Man

Ever been in Milan?

Milan (AC) have won 48 Honours. 2nd Highest in Italy.

Lovely city by the way.

You don't half talk some pish..................you now that, right? 

I'll try, although I know I'm wasting my time, AC Milan have been a decent team, recently, they are pish.

I know you will struggle to comprehend so let's leave it at that, you're a moron, night night old boy. 

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You don't half talk some pish..................you now that, right? 

I'll try, although I know I'm wasting my time, AC Milan have been a decent team, recently, they are pish.

I know you will struggle to comprehend so let's leave it at that, you're a moron, night night old boy. 

Moron. No. 

AC Milan have won 48 honours. They have a more than decent history. Recent problems started, as you of course know, when they were implicated in a match fixing scandal. Ramifications from that have caused investment to dry up and impacted on performances and placings. 

Have you been to Milan?

Worth going for a few days.

But ..don't go in fashion week! Too busy

12 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Moron. No. 

AC Milan have won 48 honours. They have a more than decent history. Recent problems started, as you of course know, when they were implicated in a match fixing scandal. Ramifications from that have caused investment to dry up and impacted on performances and placings. 

Have you been to Milan?

Worth going for a few days.

But ..don't go in fashion week! Too busy

Sorry for interceding but...

Aren't you, in essence, echoing EXACTLY what FS has been explaining to you?

AC WERE a good side. AC are not, ATM a good side.

Why in hell's name are you so intent in starting an argument with someone who you agree with?

Strange individual.

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Why in hell's name are you so intent in starting an argument with someone who you agree with?

Strange individual.

Precisely but, and this is no joke, he's so dim he should move to Bute. 

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Strange individual.

Not strange. They are in the top league in Italy and have a fantastic record of past achievement.  I don't consider their present potion in the league to suggest other than they have been better in the past. Would love us to be at their present level.