St. Mirren Park.

Well i would say that in another 10 years time and with more improvements people will feel more attached.  Anyone over the age of 25ish  spent more time watching  us at Love St but as time goes on that will change. We already have a generation of fans coming through who never saw the place.

Fond memories of Love Street , European nights , cup games some amazing league games.  Feel totally comfortable at the digital arena clear views of the pitch. Facilities Love Street could only dream of having, train station on it's door step. Gordon Scott has plans to make it even better hopefully Alan Stubbs brings a brand of football that brings more people to watch St Mirren. 

Many of the W7 guys and most of the kids in the south stand will have very little memory of love street . This is their time and they will grow up loving the new place as much as most of us loved Love street . For me ,it is getting better but will never replace the old place in my heart.

11 hours ago, Cairters_Corner said:

Do you feel emotionally attached to St. Mirren Park? I’m not too sure at the moment but the last 18 months have made a difference!

I would certainly say I was when it comes to Love Street. 

Yes I do.  The day we beat Rangers on Christmas eve and the day we beat Celtic 4-1 as well as Billy Mehmet slotting home a penalty to defeat Celtic 1-0 in the Scottish cup were very special occasions.  Also the day we lifted the Scottish Championship trophy to return us to the top division, all of these occasions culminate in making our wee stadium very special, very special indeed.   

Yes I do.  The day we beat Rangers on Christmas eve and the day we beat Celtic 4-1 as well as Billy Mehmet slotting home a penalty to defeat Celtic 1-0 in the Scottish cup were very special occasions.  Also the day we lifted the Scottish Championship trophy to return us to the top division, all of these occasions culminate in making our wee stadium very special, very special indeed.   
Did Celtic score the night we pumped them 4-0?

We also won the League cup from this ground. We've had a lot of emotional times in our short stay. We just need a European night or two and we are there!!

Yup its not Love Street but it is our home.

19 hours ago, Hambud said:

Did Celtic score the night we pumped them 4-0?

We also won the League cup from this ground. We've had a lot of emotional times in our short stay. We just need a European night or two and we are there!!

Yup its not Love Street but it is our home.

No they did not.....well spotted young man, well spotted indeed

I am off to slap myself hard on the ballsack as a punishment for my stupidity

I have no emotional attachment to the ground, it is a functional place in which to watch St Mirren play football. I simply bracket it with McDiarmid, Tony Macaroni, Airdrie or Falkirk. Places to watch your team, with turnstiles, seats, toilets and pie stands etc.

Love Street was a dump, but it was a dump with over 100 years of history, and that means something.

Edited by pozbaird

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 6:48 PM, pozbaird said:

I have no emotional attachment to the ground, it is a functional place in which to watch St Mirren play football. I simply bracket it with McDiarmid, Tony Macaroni, Airdrie or Falkirk. Places to watch your team, with turnstiles, seats, toilets and pie stands etc.

Love Street was a dump, but it was a dump with over 100 years of history, and that means something.

I agree.  The ground is good, has useful facilities but I don't feel any real emotional attachment to it as I did with Love Street.  Love Street was old and a bit decrepit to be honest, but during the final game, was genuinely upset- which I admit is probably a bit daft but it was sad leaving the place that held so many memories for myself, and I'm sure for lots of other supporters old enough to remember the place.  I like our ground but I loved Love Street.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been awhile to see St Mirren highlights in HD and one thing that struck me watching Sportscene was how good the ground looked!

Hamilton were on before our highlights with their raised stands and advertising hoardings behind one of the goals and Rugby Park followed with its ugly pitch and thousands of empty seats.

Okay, ours is a bit lego but it is a proper 21st century football ground with a sensible capacity and the W7 guys are generating a real atmosphere now.

7 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

It's been awhile to see St Mirren highlights in HD and one thing that struck me watching Sportscene was how good the ground looked!

Hamilton were on before our highlights with their raised stands and advertising hoardings behind one of the goals and Rugby Park followed with its ugly pitch and thousands of empty seats.

Okay, ours is a bit lego but it is a proper 21st century football ground with a sensible capacity and the W7 guys are generating a real atmosphere now.

Agree. Well  said.

We have a great view of the game from our seats in the ground. Close to the action. The busier it gets the better it gets.

44 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Rugby Park pitch looks awful. Why are the SPFL allowing these pitches in top flight?

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:48 PM, pozbaird said:

I agree with Poz, Greenhill Road is a functional box that I go to watch my football team play football. Love Street was where I grew up watching St Mirren play., I hope one day, I get the same buzz going to Greenhill Road that I got going down Love Street.

The shenanigans (positive) of Josh & the rest in W7 are on their way to transforming Greenhill Road into our ground. I can only see their behaviour and support of the team becoming more infectious and as each season goes by, their numbers will continue to rise as more supporters look to join them amongst the vociferous support that I expect will creep from W7 to W6 to W5 to...

A few good results against established SPL teams this season will go some way too

Hearing the roar on Sportscene when mullen scored both goals, especially the 1st was awesome. Didnt even seem as loud live.

disagree about corners needing filled to generate more atmosphere. Just success on the pitch and it will be there.

For a lot of posters Love Street was where we grew up watching Saints.

Being lifted over the turnstiles by my Grampa, seeking out the guy with the macaroons, European nights under the lights and standing up to my ankles in piss in the toilets all played a part in that.

My daughter is 11 and she only knows watching us here so this is where her memories will be borne and she’s had a few crackers so far.

That’s what fitba’ is about to me. Generation to generation. The stadium plays a part in that for sure but there are a whole raft of things that will make this place special for the current generation.

3 hours ago, SaintGlenburn said:

Hearing the roar on Sportscene when mullen scored both goals, especially the 1st was awesome. Didnt even seem as loud live.

disagree about corners needing filled to generate more atmosphere. Just success on the pitch and it will be there.

We didnt have the corners filled at Love Street. Just more densisty in the covered terracing. Many memories but dont miss the place we left. Miss the 10- 17000 crowds in the late 70s. I miss that noise...

The stadium is fine. Kids who never knew Love Street will have an emotional attachment to the new place if they grew up seeing the Championship flag and the fireworks, and the team parading the Championship trophy around it. My emotional attachment is to roofless lavvies, Adidas Sambas on ice, the Liverpool centenary game, a rickety wee main stand and walking up the North Bank ramp. None of that means anything to younger fans, nor should it really.

I don’t wish we were still at Love Street (shame it couldn’t have been redeveloped into a ‘Tynecastle’ style four-stand tight arena though), quite happy to be in the new midden that isn’t falling down, doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to maintain, and has modern dressing rooms and facilities.

When the match you’re watching is good, the crowd is decent, and it’s like the Dundee game on Saturday was, then the new place is absolutely fine. Would be great with filled-in corners though, just to give it a better aesthetic.

Edited by pozbaird

Love Street for me is the part of history I enjoy most when considering me following St Mirren.

In this Millennium, we’ve enjoyed success albeit limited ( in some people’s opinion ) but this list, many other teams would love to of had.

99/00 Championship winners

05/06 Championship winners

05/06 Challenge Cup winners

2010 League Cup runners up

2013 League Cup winners

2016/17 Challenge Cup runners up

2017/18 Championship winners

Cheers Soctty

Not a bad ‘wee team’ are we ? [emoji4]

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Love Street for me is the part of history I enjoy most when considering me following St Mirren.

In this Millennium, we’ve enjoyed success albeit limited ( in some people’s opinion ) but this list, many other teams would love to of had.

99/00 Championship winners

05/06 Championship winners

05/06 Challenge Cup winners

2010 League Cup runners up

2013 League Cup winners

2016/17 Challenge Cup runners up

2016/17 Championship winners

Not a bad ‘wee team’ are we ? emoji4.png

Not a bad wee team at all.

Love Street was for me a place where I introduced my son's and their friends to football and supporting the notion of one town one team...without the slogan.

Great days and evenings over many years but time marches on. It wasn't our first ground. I like the new place. I like the view of the pitch. I like the parking permit and 1877 club. I like the guys in W7 doing their stuff and I like the history we are now building for the present and coming generations as a community club.