Hayden Coulson - Confirmed

1 hour ago, div said:

When all said and done I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole Stubbs debacle ends up costing the club north of £300K to fix and clean up.

Absolutely horrific.

a massive amount for a club the size of ours , actually thought the cost would have been more  , so sort of relieved to see your estimate , lets hope OK,s signings prove better value .

15 hours ago, TopCat said:

That in itself is not bizarre.

It’s the timing. We are in October, the window is shut for the next two and a half months and in that time there’s a lot of football to be played.

We don’t have a big squad as it is, yet we are deliberately making it smaller. On the bench every week we have kids with almost no experience in senior football. A couple more injuries and they will have to be starting games, cause we have no one else.

Surely the sensible thing to do is keep them till January and then end the loan and replace them. That’s what we’ve done in seasons gone by.

Incase nobody else had told you   :rolleyes:   we do have a big squad, and the sub bench will be stronger when some of our senior injured players come back.

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

Aye, "We don't have a big squad as it is".:lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45903365

"Oran Kearney says he has split oversized squad for training"

So by my reckoning that means we still have around 27 players. 

For me, we could shift another 9 deadwood on and leave space for 4 bodies to come in. 

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

So by my reckoning that means we still have around 27 players. 

For me, we could shift another 9 deadwood on and leave space for 4 bodies to come in. 

For clarity, I'm not counting guys like Erhahon and Jamieson in those squad numbers. These lads are still youth players for my money. 

On 10/17/2018 at 7:07 PM, TopCat said:

That in itself is not bizarre.

It’s the timing. We are in October, the window is shut for the next two and a half months and in that time there’s a lot of football to be played.

We don’t have a big squad as it is, yet we are deliberately making it smaller. On the bench every week we have kids with almost no experience in senior football. A couple more injuries and they will have to be starting games, cause we have no one else.

Surely the sensible thing to do is keep them till January and then end the loan and replace them. That’s what we’ve done in seasons gone by.

We have kids on the bench because so many of Stubbs' signings are seen by Kearney as not good enough. Brock-Madsen is a case in point - we've had Sam Jamieson on the bench despite NBM being available, and Cody Come also unable to make the bench. And that's with Mullen injured! 

Honestly, only an idiot would fail to see the size of our squad which has been pointed out on numerous occasions recently for the hard of thinking such as yourself. 

Edited by Soctty

23 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I do wonder if there is issues within the squad and a wee "Stubbsy,s boys" clique . Also wonder if there is a difference in attitude between the loan signings who are probably all on right good wages and the new signings on permanent contracts , time will tell . A big part of me wants Heaton , Cooke etc to come good .

All of me wants them to come good - what possible reason could there be for not wanting that? 

5 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Kellerman will be back in January. Heard that from a few people.

1 minute ago, JJ McG said:

Believe he will be.

Who's decision is that?  

I noticed that he had been starting most games at Fylde but dropped out of the starting 11 in a recent match. 

• 3 years later...

Remember we were all foaming at the mouth about Coulson after his amazing debut (Killie??). 20 year old, fast and full of swagger.  

Brilliant going forward but turned out to be too raw and suspect defending saw him fall away. Wrong place, wrong time. 
Hasn’t played too much first team football since by the looks of things, according to Wiki.